Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'We're completely WRONG!’ Bombshell Great Pyr

WVK

10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Three brownie points will be awarded to the person who first posts Tom's new and great theory at Graham Hancock's forum

Is this ridiculousness acceptable?

https://grahamhancock.com/kollerstromn3/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Apparently it was so bad that the article was taken down (and that's really unusual for a tabloid site.)  I did find the cached version, though

https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=egypt+great+pyramid+discovery+site%3awww.express.co.uk&d=4644341536001042&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=DxyFHxPSv5lAALzw1zrlt6tRU4cXmYrh

From the article:

Mr Sibson ... added: “ ... Why are ancient references either non-existent or extremely cryptic?

He seems to have overlooked the Logbook of Merer.  Merer and his crew were transporting limestone from Tura: 

most likely for cladding the outside of the Great Pyramid

If there was already a layer of cladding in place at Khufu's death, what would have happened to it during any hypothetical later attempts to enlarge the GP?  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drakonwick said:

From that article:

The stonemason Humphries Brewer was employed by Vyse and in 1837 he personally witnessed Vyse employee Mr Hill entering the Great Pyramid with red paint and brush, and faking the cartouches. That is documented in the family records of Walter Allen of Pittsburgh, the great-grandson of Mr Brewer.

A claim frequently made that has been questioned and examined in some detail on this forum, and also here.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, drakonwick said:

What a bloody crackpot!!!! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, drakonwick said:

Its more a mix of existing nuttiness but certainly acceptable - for being the work of a crackpot!

Edited by Hanslune
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Windowpane said:

More on Kollerstrom here (and a 2014 publication).

Oh my quite the 'free thinker' isn't he?

" Kollerstrom's The Life and Death of Paul McCartney 1942–1966: A Very English Mystery (2015) supported the "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory, namely, that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike "

Won't touch his Holocaust stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, drakonwick said:

Just when you think you've seen it all...

The first thing that struck me was he made it painfully obvious that he knows nothing of the culture, or the history of Ancient Egypt. The second thing that struck me was that he could very well be one of those writers that does not actually believe what he is writing, he is just having fun coming up with different (new and exciting!!!) talking points.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gaden said:

Just when you think you've seen it all...

The first thing that struck me was he made it painfully obvious that he knows nothing of the culture, or the history of Ancient Egypt. The second thing that struck me was that he could very well be one of those writers that does not actually believe what he is writing, he is just having fun coming up with different (new and exciting!!!) talking points.

There are people who just always take up the alternative explanation - even when it makes no sense and contradicts other equally silly ideas. I had a 'friend' like who was always taking a contrary position to every conceivable life decision and situation.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Windowpane said:

More on Kollerstrom here (and a 2014 publication).

Ahh, yes, the old controversy sells ploy, used and abused by many. "I'm not afraid to print outlandish, controversial opinions, because I know that it will make me a lot of money".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

There are people who just always take up the alternative explanation - even when it makes no sense and contradicts other equally silly ideas. I had a 'friend' like who was always taking a contrary position to every conceivable life decision and situation.

This is what I believe is the case with many talk show hosts, especially in sports, because p***ing people off makes them call in, and the more calls you get, the more you can charge for advertising. Most of it is just a ruse.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Holocaust denier.....So he's a friggin complete ass too. :mellow:

When I taught in Saudi Arabia I had several students from a 'sect' or clan, sub-tribal group that was a bit odd. They were Sunnis and believed in a literal Qur'an. So much so that they only believed what was in that Holy book and one of the schools of thought, Hanafi I believe. So they didn't believe in the Americas existing - not in the Qur'an or the Hanafi fiqh. All part of some shadowy 'Crusader-Jewish' conspiracy. The grandsons were mostly sane (my students) the grandfathers and fathers were lunatics. In 1994 they thought the American-Zionist Army was still in the desert hiding out there and preparing to attack them......................oh and of course WWII never happened nor the Holocaust either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

When I taught in Saudi Arabia I had several students from a 'sect' or clan, sub-tribal group that was a bit odd. They were Sunnis and believed in a literal Qur'an. So much so that they only believed what was in that Holy book and one of the schools of thought, Hanafi I believe. So they didn't believe in the Americas existing - not in the Qur'an or the Hanafi fiqh. All part of some shadowy 'Crusader-Jewish' conspiracy. The grandsons were mostly sane (my students) the grandfathers and fathers were lunatics. In 1994 they thought the American-Zionist Army was still in the desert hiding out there and preparing to attack them......................oh and of course WWII never happened nor the Holocaust either.

The Americas didn't exist? How did they explain the existence of Americans?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Gaden said:

are you referring to native Americans? ;)

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

are you referring to native Americans? ;)

No I meant the continents that make up the the Americas, N & S so in a way that too would have meant no Native Americans, First Nation, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gaden said:

A vast  conspiracy I presume however they didn't read anything but religious materials, no tv, radio etc., everybody but them in a conspiracy against them, to include 99.99% of Muslims who acknowledge that the Americas probably exist.  It was a strange group. About sixty people I believe but I could only talk to three of them. Now they were going to college - but not to learn. In Saudi young males were paid to go to school so these guys were going to school to support their families - one had been in school seven years one five or six and the other I don't remember and they were in a 2 year program...... Gotta love Saudi Arabia!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:55 AM, Hanslune said:

No I meant the continents that make up the the Americas, N & S so in a way that too would have meant no Native Americans, First Nation, etc.

And I thought flat earthers were the silliest people out there. That's just amazing how loony some people can be

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 7:00 PM, Crikey said:

I've got a theory about pyramids after hearing Stephen Hawking say in a TV science documentary "Time runs slower for anybody near a massive object like a pyramid."

So, perhaps ancient aliens visited earth and got chatting, and happened to mention that massive objects slow time. Then after they'd gone, perhaps the Egyptians misunderstood and built pyramids to put dead pharaohs in to slow the rate of decomposition?

He said It's about a difference of one billionth of a sec, iirc. If you sat on the pyramid for 1 billion years you'd be one second slower than your pal who sat in a field for 1 billion years. Call me a flat earther but I don't believe in all that wavy time stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Varelse said:

..Call me a flat earther but I don't believe in all that wavy time stuff..

Nevertheless, science has proven that time is stretchy and elastic with all that 'Relativity' stuff.

The entertaining film "Interstellar' has time dilation running all the way through it, for example some of the crew shuttle down to a planet that's near the massive gravity of a black hole; they're on the surface for less than an hour, but when they shuttle back to the ship they find that the crew member who stayed on board has aged 23 years because time was running faster for him because he was further away from the black hole..

Below: after they shuttle down they're surprised to find the sea is very shallow, what could possibly go wrong?

SPOILER ALERT- it's shallow because they're in the trough of an incoming mega-tsunami created by the huge pull of the black hole..

interstellar2_zpsxslukleh.jpg~original

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Crikey said:

Nevertheless, science has proven that time is stretchy and elastic with all that 'Relativity' stuff.

The entertaining film "Interstellar' has time dilation running all the way through it, for example some of the crew shuttle down to a planet that's near the massive gravity of a black hole; they're on the surface for less than an hour, but when they shuttle back to the ship they find that the crew member who stayed on board has aged 23 years because time was running faster for him because he was further away from the black hole..

Below: after they shuttle down they're surprised to find the sea is very shallow, what could possibly go wrong?

SPOILER ALERT- it's shallow because they're in the trough of an incoming mega-tsunami created by the huge pull of the black hole..

The plot appears to be stolen from an A E Van Vogt story in which the term "nexialist" was coined.  In his story the crew is saved from tidal forces when the nexialist realizes that this is what tears up crew members so they crouch in the furthest part of the ship from the gravity source.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Crikey said:

Eeef.  While Van Vogt's story seemed plausible because of 1950's technology, this just makes them appear to be Very Dim Astronauts (they could visually survey the whole planet plus everything in the area PLUS the entire field around the black hole.  They'd know this already.

And you'd have to have a really really big or dense object (larger than Jupiter) to make even a tiny impact on time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Eeef.  While Van Vogt's story seemed plausible because of 1950's technology, this just makes them appear to be Very Dim Astronauts (they could visually survey the whole planet plus everything in the area PLUS the entire field around the black hole.  They'd know this already.

And you'd have to have a really really big or dense object (larger than Jupiter) to make even a tiny impact on time.  

Hey the old time Sci-fi was more about the story than the science (in most cases) as they had to make a lot of stuff up to set up the scenarios they needed.

2 hours ago, cladking said:

The plot appears to be stolen from an A E Van Vogt story in which the term "nexialist" was coined.  In his story the crew is saved from tidal forces when the nexialist realizes that this is what tears up crew members so they crouch in the furthest part of the ship from the gravity source.  

You should you look up where the word sciolist came from - might be more useful for you. In the past you've tried unsuccessful to give yourself the nexialist title - and failed.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, The Wistman said:

Matthew Sibson is not an Egypt expert.  He runs the Ancient Architects series on YouTube.  Amusing, but a glossy recycling of alternative history memes that others have concocted.

Blog comment (scroll down to "badly produced pseudohistory.")

• Like 2