Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'We're completely WRONG!’ Bombshell Great Pyr

WVK

OK,  I went to google and my brain started to hurt. Have we or haven't we physically manipulated time in one distict location relative to another or all other location(s)?

Edited by Varelse

1 hour ago, Varelse said:

OK,  I went to google and my brain started to hurt. Have we or haven't we physically manipulated time in one distict location relative to another or all other location(s)?

Time is, of course, relative. 

Could you clarify what you mean by manipulate?

1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Lunch time even more so.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Could you clarify what you mean by manipulate?

maybe i shouldn't have used the search term "problems with einstien's relativity".:geek:  But, for example, have we floated two atomic clocks into space to test this theory. I know it looks good through a telescope and on paper, but have we as a planet, truly tested the ideas that tme slows down as you approach the speed of light or that an object in orbit of say, a massive black hole -will be in a slower time loop than we are? If light can be affected by gravity then what is it's weight? And why with all this technology, can't we figure out how to keep mustard from spraying water all over my sandwhich before I actually get mustard on the sandwhich?:gun: 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Varelse said:

maybe i shouldn't have used the search term "problems with einstien's relativity".:geek:  But, for example, have we floated two atomic clocks into space to test this theory. I know it looks good through a telescope and on paper, but have we as a planet, truly tested the ideas that tme slows down as you approach the speed of light or that an object in orbit of say, a massive black hole -will be in a slower time loop than we are? If light can be affected by gravity then what is it's weight? And why with all this technology, can't we figure out how to keep mustard from spraying water all over my sandwhich before I actually get mustard on the sandwhich?:gun: 

You probably should look up the term "time dilation". An example of which is two astronauts, one on the ground and one in orbit. The one in orbit will age on the order of a few nanoseconds slower than the one on the ground. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, Varelse said:

Atomic clocks are sensitive enough that flying one in a helicopter a few hundred feet above the other will show that the two go out of synch in a short period of time.

https://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-atomic-clock-gravity-20180212-story.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/gravity-atomic-clock-measurement-portable-first-time-national-physical-laboratory-a8206871.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment

https://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/technologies/23jan_entangled.html

Remember that there is no preferred reference frame. If a space ship flies by a high speed we see that it's clock is slow. The spaceship crew will see that the clocks on the planet are slow.

Light has no mass but it does have momentum. Weight is a measure of force. Your weight is dependent on the gravity you are in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 2/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, Varelse said:

... And why with all this technology, can't we figure out how to keep mustard from spraying water all over my sandwhich before I actually get mustard on the sandwhich?:gun: 

Because you'd actually have to use the technology. It's called 'instructions for use'. In this case, right on the package are the words "shake before using". It is that old adage, you can buy them books...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, Varelse said:

And why with all this technology, can't we figure out how to keep mustard from spraying water all over my sandwhich before I actually get mustard on the sandwhich?:gun: 

Twenty  years ago the mustard makers figured out water is cheaper than mustard so they kept adding water until it separated.  Ketchup makers did the same thing twenty years ago and they've been soaking chicken for 25 years now.

What's next?  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gaden said:

Because you'd actually have to use the technology. It's called 'instructions for use'. In this case, right on the package are the words "shake before using". It is that old adage, you can buy them books...

.   Read instructions? Shake before using?? crazy talk. I bet the Egyptions building the pyramids knew how to keep mustard shmeg from soaking a sandwich.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Varelse said:

.   Read instructions? Shake before using?? crazy talk. I bet the Egyptions building the pyramids knew how to keep mustard shmeg from soaking a sandwich.  

http://www.gsdunn.com/english/?page_id=2943

I believe the AE had mustard but I'm not sure if it's mentioned in the Pyramid Text - if it isn't then that means it actually didn't exist.....lol...inside joke

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Varelse said:

It's all right there in the 'Mustard Papyrus'; "Stir before using". As they did not have plastic bottles to shake, condiments were stored in earthenware.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know about mustard but we do know they had onions and cucumbers so it's likely they had some form of relish. The climate was too warm for cabbage so kraut was probably unknown to them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

I don't know about mustard but we do know they had onions and cucumbers so it's likely they had some form of relish. The climate was too warm for cabbage so kraut was probably unknown to them.

Romans invented mustard as we became to know it.Wine mixed with ground up seeds. Looks like some modernized versions are still popular with the pastrami and stinky cheese crowd. 

There. Now this fubar thread is educational. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hanslune said:

http://www.gsdunn.com/english/?page_id=2943

I believe the AE had mustard but I'm not sure if it's mentioned in the Pyramid Text - if it isn't then that means it actually didn't exist.....lol...inside joke

You somehow managed to summon him to arrive before your post, that’s dangerous magic there chief.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You somehow managed to summon him to arrive before your post, that’s dangerous magic there chief.

Rupert WAS an Atlantean and he was part of the team that made Mu, Lemuria and Atlantis disappear. Getting an mere Internet Eccentric to post here on order was not difficult at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2