Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do I upload videos?

Jujo-jo

Can anyone please tell me the steps of how to upload my videos from my phone so that I can attach them to a forum?

(Or the steps how to do this using the "insert other media) ? I am having z hard time figuring it out : (

I don't think UM has the capacity to host videos. Put it on youtube and insert the link here instead.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I don't think UM has the capacity to host videos. Put it on youtube and insert the link here instead.

Ok thanks, would you know how to put it on YouTube? lol I'm old school...

4 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Ok thanks, would you know how to put it on YouTube? lol I'm old school...

Don't you have a youtube account? Or a google/chrome account? They're all valid on youtube.
When you're logged in, just click the upload button in the top right corner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jujo-jo said:

Can anyone please tell me the steps of how to upload my videos from my phone so that I can attach them to a forum?

(Or the steps how to do this using the "insert other media) ? I am having z hard time figuring it out : (

There are probably different ways of doing it, but the method below works for me-

1- download the video from your phone onto your PC desktop.

2- Go to youtube and click the 'upload' arrow in the top right corner.

3- Click the big arrow that appears in the middle of your screen called 'Select files to upload'

4- Click the vid on your desktop, and the vid will start uploading to youtube. (it could take a long time if the vid is a long one)

5- When its finished, copy and paste its link into the forum.

It works fine for me but my setup might be different from yours, let us know how you get on...:D

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you don't have a youtube (or google account) go to youtube.com and look at the top right corner of your screen. You should see a "sign in" button.

Click that and go to create a new account.

• Thanks 1

TIP- if a vid that I've put on my PC desktop is too long, I use the free 'Movie Maker' program to chop it down to just the bit I want.

PS- I've always been a PC dummy, so if I can do it anybody can..:D

Edited by Crikey
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

This is correct.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 10:51 AM, Crikey said:

TIP- if a vid that I've put on my PC desktop is too long, I use the free 'Movie Maker' program to chop it down to just the bit I want.

PS- I've always been a PC dummy, so if I can do it anybody can..:D

I'd second this - people are not going to be happy to wade thru a lot of video footage just for a highlight somewhere.  So if necessary, trim the video down to the essentials - if we need more, we'll ask...

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 10:47 PM, ChrLzs said:

I'd second this - people are not going to be happy to wade thru a lot of video footage just for a highlight somewhere.  So if necessary, trim the video down to the essentials - if we need more, we'll ask...

Not much to trim down at all, most of my videos are all pretty full and active from start to finish.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to How do I upload videos?
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 3:47 AM, ChrLzs said:

Yes, if I click on a video link in any forum and find it's longer than a couple of minutes, I usually click back out UNLESS it sounds interesting and worth checking out. After all, discussion forums are for discussing things, not shunting people off to long vids to do their talking for them..:D

In fact when I post vids myself they're ultra-short like this one because I don't want people to regard them as long and-

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 4:13 PM, Jujo-jo said:

Not much to trim down at all, most of my videos are all pretty full and active from start to finish.

& short, not long at all. 

Videos are copied and posted or links are added, it is what keeps conversations going and interesting, the viewer can make their own opinions, like we do in all topics here with any other video link ; )

• 4 weeks later...

How do you put someone on ignore and keep them there? I have someone on total ignore and am seeing their posts.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

How do you put someone on ignore and keep them there? I have someone on total ignore and am seeing their posts.

Invision Board's ignore system is limited, if you already have all the ignore checkboxes checked for that person, there's nothing further you can do.