Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid-19 was brought to Earth by meteorite

Eldorado

"Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe of the Buckingham Astrobiology Center contributed to a paper submitted last week to The Lancet in which he proposes that a meteorite which crashed in October 2019 in Sonjyan City (also called Songyuan) some 2200 km (1360 miles) north of Wuhan, the center of the coronavirus outbreak, may have spread “hundreds of trillions of infective viral particles” that were “embedded in the form of fine carbonaceous dust” as it blazed through the Chinese atmosphere until it fell to Earth.

"Wickramasinghe is a well-known British mathematician, astronomer and astrobiologist who strongly supports the idea of panspermia – space rocks and spacecraft carrying and spreading living organisms around the universe."

Full monty at Mysterious Universe: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2020/02/scientist-claims-coronavirus-was-brought-to-earth-by-a-meteorite/

The Paper at Panspermia dot org, in PDF: https://www.panspermia.org/steeleetallancet2020.pdf

Panspermia dot org: https://www.panspermia.org/abouthis.htm

Wickramasinghe's only Paper at the Lancet, on SARS: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS014067360313440X/fulltext#

Edited by Eldorado
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe

He thinks EVERY viral outbreak has arrived either on a meteorite or a comet. I'll give his ideas some credence when he produces some actual physical evidence, until then I will consider it more likely that viruses perfectly evolved to take advantage of Earth life evolved on Earth.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

There is a whole lot of experts all claiming they think they know where it came from and it is always within their field and area of study. So far it's been snakes, bats, bio weapon lab, pangolins and now meteors. I personally still lean towards the bio weapons labs myself. It's just  my speculation and theory though. But, for now all the experts theorems are just speculation as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

I personally still lean towards the bio weapons labs myself. It's just  my speculation and theory though. But, for now all the experts theorems are just speculation as well.

It zoonotic and very common. It was only a matter of time before it changed. It's also not powerful enough to be weaponized. 

Bio weapons are far more effective. The ones the Russians used in Afghanistan in the 80s would wipe out area in a day and killed people in a matter hours. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

It zoonotic and very common. It was only a matter of time before it changed. It's also not powerful enough to be weaponized. 

Bio weapons are far more effective. The ones the Russians used in Afghanistan in the 80s would wipe out area in a day and killed people in a matter hours. 

I would say that depends on the purpose of the bio weapon. If it was simply to kill maybe so, but what if it was designed just to cripple a population and it's industries and resources, while occupying their full attention. I think this virus has done all those things pretty well so far.

Also it hasn't spread to far beyond the initial population.

Edited by WanderingFool0
addition\

3 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

but what if it was designed just to cripple a population and it's industries and resources, while occupying their full attention. I think this virus has done all those things pretty well so far.

As zoonotic viruses do.

It's not a bio weapon. Just something that was a ticking bomb waiting to go boom. Like all zoonotic diseases.

That's the downside of domestic animals and why 80-85 percent of my people were wiped out with first contact. We didn't have any.

The risks of a bio weapon far exceed the advantages. Which is why the Russians used ones that ran their course and died out fast, and only in remote areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

There is a whole lot of experts all claiming they think they know where it came from and it is always within their field and area of study. So far it's been snakes, bats, bio weapon lab, pangolins and now meteors. I personally still lean towards the bio weapons labs myself. It's just  my speculation and theory though. But, for now all the experts theorems are just speculation as well.

If it does turn out that it was a bio-agent that slipped out of a lab then it will be one of the more spectacular failures of Chinese government officials.  I've watched a couple of videos purporting to show how the government is handling this contagion and it is simply heartbreaking to see the fear and panic as people are forcibly removed from their homes and made to enter an environment where exposure to Covid 19 is SURE to happen.  You'd think that locking down the cities would be sufficient.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

If it does turn out that it was a bio-agent that slipped out of a lab then it will be one of the more spectacular failures of Chinese government officials.  I've watched a couple of videos purporting to show how the government is handling this contagion and it is simply heartbreaking to see the fear and panic as people are forcibly removed from their homes and made to enter an environment where exposure to Covid 19 is SURE to happen.  You'd think that locking down the cities would be sufficient.  

Unless it wasn't released by the Chinese. Especially when the whole bio weapon angle was being talked about it seemed to lead back to Canada and the US and you had that story saying the Chinese  possibly stole it. In any case I agree the toll on the Chinese people has been horrendous.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

As zoonotic viruses do.

It's not a bio weapon. Just something that was a ticking bomb waiting to go boom. Like all zoonotic diseases.

That's the downside of domestic animals and why 80-85 percent of my people were wiped out with first contact. We didn't have any.

The risks of a bio weapon far exceed the advantages. Which is why the Russians used ones that ran their course and died out fast, and only in remote areas.

Well like I said it's just my theory and i think the jury is still out, especially they have yet to lock down on a single source for the transmission. If zoonotic which animal was it? snake.bat. pagolin? was it meteor? Maybe one day they will pin it down. Until then I think my theory is as good as any other.

But thanks for the reply and discussion.

• Like 1

If this turns out to be 99% match with a virus that already infects pangolins, it makes little sense that a meteor would need to deliver it.

The current belief is that this may have jumped from bats to pangolins to people. The relationship with snakes is less clear, from what I’ve read, but they could be another intermediate step in the evolution of the virus.

I wouldn’t dismiss any laboratory theories yet, since they might have a motivation called “stupid.”

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Piney said:

Probably so.  I wonder what it will take to finally cause the Chinese communist party to clamp down on the culture that has led to these viruses being able to jump so readily in comparison to the rest of the world?  Africa seems to have moderated the behaviors so that fewer organisms are successfully making the inter-species transition.  I feel horrible at what these poor folks are suffering.  If the reports slipping out are even half true, these people are experiencing a nightmare of death and fear right now.  The fear is probably worse than the disease for most who acquire it.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, and then said:

honestly.. I do not think it was a accident.. 

China has the worlds largest aging population.. and one of the lowest birth rates.. remember this is the country that starved millions during mao's reign.. and they praise him like a god.. 

giphy.gif

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

honestly.. I do not think it was a accident.. 

China has the worlds largest aging population.. and one of the lowest birth rates.. remember this is the country that starved millions during mao's reign.. and they praise him like a god.. 

It’s a tempting conspiracy theory, based upon who the virus is mostly killing.

However, if the Chinese we’re researching social engineering, using viruses, how do you hide such a program?  Who do you trust not to tell?  Robots without families in the countryside? 

Mother Earth is an ample architect of this virus. What possible motivation for distorting that message, might there be?

How many storms, wind born or blood born; with, “Father, my enemy,” do we need to see, written upon the land of Oz, immediately followed by the largest in world history, before the hint is taken?

Like the El Reno tornado, which appeared May 31, 2013, the COVID-19 “blood storm” has, and will set many new records. It’s a clear warning to the state of confusion, not from it.

Abbas Meus Hostilis - preparation

Abbas Meus Hostilis

The sad, simple truth is, we have become a virus-like threat to the diversity of life program, on this planet, warned of, in ancient texts.

We need to rethink how we are treating the diversity of life on this planet, before more, forecast, storm clouds, gather.

Edited by Raptor Witness

15 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

It’s a tempting conspiracy theory, based upon who the virus is mostly killing.

However, if the Chinese we’re researching social engineering, using viruses, how do you hide such a program?  Who do you trust not to tell?  Robots without families in the countryside? 

https://newrepublic.com/article/117983/tiananmen-square-massacre-how-chinas-millennials-discuss-it-now

need I say more.. 

your talking about a country that has complete control of the media etc.. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Well, yeah, mate: apples vs oranges. The Soviets used phosgene and mustard gas in Afghanistan. Hardly new even then but truly nasty stuff. And quick. Like you said, viral weapons are too slow and difficult to control in a combat situation. Especially of the sort they incurred in Afghanistan when facing guerilla type insurgents. Virals are best used covertly and on an unsuspecting potential enemy. Not an immediate combat one. Which is what no doubt China had in mind for Corona if indeed the virus escaped one of their labs.

They also used some kind of freaky "compound" agent that was both bacterial and chemical. It was like a fast acting flesh eating virus.

At least that was the rumour among the SAS. 

3 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

and they praise him like a god.. 

Not anymore. He lost his "Tianming" when they figured out the true extent of the damage he caused. 

10 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

https://newrepublic.com/article/117983/tiananmen-square-massacre-how-chinas-millennials-discuss-it-now

need I say more.. 

your talking about a country that has complete control of the media etc.

The Earth is far more likely to engage in social engineering, to follow it’s own prime directive, of diversity.

My bet is, the pangolins, the most trafficked animal on the planet, may have exposed a new type of defense mechanism, ignored by the arrogance of men.

Is not the Earth is like a giant organism, and is she without defenses?

The ancient texts don’t call this Entity, whom the future, “mouthes of disaster serve,” the Lord of the Earth, by accident.

How much damage is required, before all human government is quickly left in ruins? Who announces a “new Earth,” after men are subdued by this Entity? Who could engineer a new planet? Not the Chinese, I can assure you.

This “Garden” was planted by Someone, and is owned by Someone, and that fact doesn’t have anything to with religion. So when that Someone hurls “tiny stones” at you, who will you babble to, in protest?

The Chinese? The Americans? Men are nothing, and that will be the point. So we must humble ourselves and rethink for a moment beyond the cloudy ethics of any religion, to understand a simple ownership argument. The pangolins aren’t ours to take out of existence.

This isn’t a fictional fight. He will take back what belongs to Him, and subdue us in the process.

Overcoming death was not just a hope for humanity; it’s a lesson of which Owner we are dealing with. So you ignored that story. Will you equally ignore the reclamation of His property by force?

Where is your champion? Where is your Goliath?

Edited by Raptor Witness

June 25, 2020

Finally, comet 2P/Encke reaches perihelion on June 25, 2020 reaching +8th magnitude as it crosses the constellation of Gemini the Twins. This apparition will see the comet riding high to the southeast at dawn, as seen from mid-northern latitudes. 2P/Encke has the shortest period of any known comet, at 3.3 years

MASCS, but there are already confirmed detections of several molecules and atoms, including OH, NH, CS, oxygen, carbon, sulfur, and hydrogen. "Far-ultraviolet observations can't be made from ground-based observatories, and only a few instruments in space have been able to look at the comets in the ultraviolet," says Vervack. "The MASCS observations are therefore of great interest."

Scientists were also hoping to obtain the first definitive detections of cometary X-ray emission from silicon, magnesium, and aluminum. "NASA's Chandra X-ray space telescope has observed ISON and Encke and seen X-ray emission from them both," Vervack says. "We are able to make these observations when both comets are closer to the Sun, so the X-ray emissions have the potential to be much more intense." However, a series of large solar flares during the observations increased the contaminating background in the X-ray spectra and have complicated the analysis. "We can't help what the Sun does," says Vervack, "but we're going to analyze the data carefully to see if there are any detections to be had."

Meteor showers, known as the Taurids and Beta Taurids, are thought to be the remains of the dust trail left by Comet Encke https://www.space.com/34587-taurid-meteor-shower-guide.html

Edited by crystal sage
adding information