Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Live frog found inside a whole pepper

Still Waters

A Canadian couple were astounded while prepping their dinner last weekend when they discovered a live green frog inside a bell pepper. 

Nicole Gagnon and Gérard Blackburn from Saguenay, Quebec, were making dinner on February 9 when Gagnon chopped into the pepper and made the discovery. 

The frog escaped harm from his close call with the kitchen knife - but the couple had zero clue how the small amphibian ended up inside the vegetable, which they'd picked up from a local supermarket. 

The couple reported the animal, which was later identified as a green tree frog, to the Quebec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ). 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8006437/Toad-ally-unexplained-Couple-tiny-frog-INSIDE-pepper.html

• Like 2

XenoFish

Sleep in the pepper patch they said, it'll be fine they said. I woke up in a prison with someone trying to shank me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Piney

'The analysis was carried out by euthanizing the frog to carry out the laboratory expertise,' said MAPAQ spokesperson Yohan Dallaire-Boily. 

:hmm: Like frogs don't have enough problems with coming close to extinction.......

• Like 2

jethrofloyd

This just reminded me of some documented cases of frogs and other small animals inexplicably found encased within stone and alive. But, I'm not sure if these cases are true or not.

Oniomancer

Wouldn't you like to be in a pepper too?

Seti42

I've found odd things in food. A tiny crab in a live oyster once at a restaurant. I got a free dozen oysters out of it. :tsu:

A large (US quarter-size) dead spider in a head of romaine lettuce once too...That was just scary and required burning it all down.

• Haha 1

Piney
Just now, Seti42 said:

I've found odd things in food. A tiny crab in a live oyster once at a restaurant. I got a free dozen oysters out of it. :tsu:

They do that. It's their personal hotel room with a buffet. :yes:

1 minute ago, Seti42 said:

A large (US quarter-size) dead spider in a head of romaine lettuce once too...That was just scary and required burning it all down.

A vegan wolf spider??? :huh:

Piney
3 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

This just reminded me of some documented cases of frogs and other small animals inexplicably found encased within stone and alive. But, I'm not sure if these cases are true or NOT.

:yes:

• Like 1