Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help with dream interpretation

Izzyh

I had a dream where I really felt like someone was trying to tell me something. I had someone pointing towards behind me, they kept pointing really making a point of it. The dream was all hazy and normally we all forget dreams but I had this feeling while I was waking in the morning i kept thinking to myself I have to remember someone pointing to behind me and I have to remember the colour brown.

I have no idea where the colour brown came from but I just know I had to remember these two things. Does anyone know what this might mean? This is really random for me to come on here but normal google keeps coming up with things which I don’t feel is applicable 

I don’t think the person was intimidating or malicious in any way, could it even be someone who passed telling me something I don’t know?? They were really just trying to tell me something firmly I don’t think it was a warning but I don’t know it could be

any ideas??

• Like 1

Hi Izzy. 

In dreams which seem to not be telling more of a story for me which makes the meaning clearer, I generally then try looking at it literally. Your dream self is pointing behind you...

Watch your back, look where you come from, remember your roots. 

What does brown mean to you? In common use it is seen as a earth color, of grounding and the basics. 

Maybe your dream self was saying to get back to the basics? Remember where you have been? Watch your back? Have a care for who or what is backing you?

Whatever is going on in your life or things you are dwelling on these days, perhaps the dream meaning is along these lines. Only you can say.

Welcome to the forum, btw :).

• Like 2

And don't get too worried, many dreams are simply your brain wandering aimlessly or discarding stuff, or the meaning may be so obscure that you'll never work it out..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Izzyh said:

I had a dream where I really felt like someone was trying to tell me something. I had someone pointing towards behind me, they kept pointing really making a point of it. The dream was all hazy and normally we all forget dreams but I had this feeling while I was waking in the morning i kept thinking to myself I have to remember someone pointing to behind me and I have to remember the colour brown.

I have no idea where the colour brown came from but I just know I had to remember these two things. Does anyone know what this might mean? This is really random for me to come on here but normal google keeps coming up with things which I don’t feel is applicable 

I don’t think the person was intimidating or malicious in any way, could it even be someone who passed telling me something I don’t know?? They were really just trying to tell me something firmly I don’t think it was a warning but I don’t know it could be

any ideas??

In my opinion

Pointing = "LOOK!" (Open your heart, mind and soul.)

Could also mean you're going forward, could also be an indication of a certain direction such as north, east, south or west.

You're attention is not where it should be. You are either neglecting something or someone you have forgotten about or you may need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Hazy = needing to clear things up, to be able to bring things into focus or into the light.

Therefore seeing good things ahead of you but prepare for change.

Brown is a natural and neutral color, maybe you need to spend more time with nature in order to be focused and to help balance things out and also an indication that you must accept what ever changes are coming, just know it is nature behind the change and accepting it with open arms may be all it takes to keep focused.

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And don't get too worried, many dreams are simply your brain wandering aimlessly or discarding stuff, or the meaning may be so obscure that you'll never work it out..

Can I see your best evidences for that theory ?

Supposedly we have between 6 to 8 dreams every night (i very much believe they're intertwined). That's alot of content. By keeping a dream journal (improving dream recall) anyone could remember multiple dreams per nite. Anyway, my point, perhaps we're getting 10-15% of the story. Or if u could remember events before/after it'd provide more insight. People w journals reportedly recall more details waking up asap or..when going to bed. You could try  (in a sense retrieving) dream (some people fall asleep instantly) if so, 5-10 before bedtime, right before slipping into unconsciousness, mentally kick yourself awake again..may get additional fragments/memories about dream (before or after someone pointed). In regards to 'hazy' researchers believe our mind shuts down systems responsible for creating memories during dreams. Our basic cognitive functions like reading/writing (what we see) doesn't work correctly. If anyone's in dire need of link regarding this info will look up tonight, peace.

Edited by Bed of chaos

15 hours ago, Habitat said:

Can I see your best evidences for that theory ?

You're not an oneirologist?  Here, let me help bring you up to speed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneirology

https://dreams.ucsc.edu/Library/purpose.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/sleep-newzzz/201505/how-do-scientists-study-dreams

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/284378