Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
MissJatti

Disappeared Clock Card

MissJatti

Hi everyone, today something happened that's gonna bug me all day.

So I went to work, got my Clock card out of my wallet from a knee side pocket. I swiped that card and put it back into my wallet, a put that wallet back into my cargo trouser knee pocket. Before my wallet made it into that pocket, I heard a noise. That noise when a plastic card hits concrete. I quickly looked in my wallet, and my clock card was not there, I looked on the floor not there, I searched my belonging and all my pockets, not there. So I looked on the floor again thoroughly and still it was not there. I looked everywhere and could not find it. I asked my work colleagues nearby, and they could not find it. I asked if anyone taken it and they said no. And the thing is... there were people around but not close enough of them to pick it up without me realising it. The are no holes or other things to conceal the clock card for meters. Unlike coins the card does not roll. Where the card landed stays put. After 5-10 mins I gave up finding it. But kept going back to that area just in case I could find it but no. Eventually I went to lost area, in case someone handed it in, still nothing. 

The size of the card it about the size of a £5 note. I just don't understand where could it be. It should have been by my shoe, but i look for it for yards.

Weird thing is... I thought I lost this card last week.. Got to work, about to swipe, couldn't find my card, looked in all my belonging, the wallet, and all pockets. Got a temporary card, tea time I looked for it again, wallet/pockets/belongings. Second tea break same couldn't find, but when the second tea break ended, I put my hand in a pocket and there it was. I'm like whaaatt!!!!

But today I thoroughly checked my stuff over and over but nothing. Was it Karma???, was I meant to lose the card. I was going to get a new clock card for sometime, because it was getting old, and  the barcode was slightly smudged, due to that it took time for the clock machine to read the barcode. 

Even while writing this I wonder where did that card fall too.

• Like 1

Still Waters

Could it be underneath something on the floor? You may have inadvertently kicked it with your shoe and sent it flying out of sight.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
49 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

So I went to work, got my Clock card out of my wallet from a knee side pocket. I swiped that card and put it back into my wallet, a put that wallet back into my cargo trouser knee pocket. Before my wallet made it into that pocket, I heard a noise. That noise when a plastic card hits concrete. I quickly looked in my wallet, and my clock card was not there, I looked on the floor not there, I searched my belonging and all my pockets, not there. So I looked on the floor again thoroughly and still it was not there. I looked everywhere and could not find it. I asked my work colleagues nearby, and they could not find it. I asked if anyone taken it and they said no. And the thing is... there were people around but not close enough of them to pick it up without me realising it. The are no holes or other things to conceal the clock card for meters. Unlike coins the card does not roll. Where the card landed stays put. After 5-10 mins I gave up finding it. But kept going back to that area just in case I could find it but no. Eventually I went to lost area, in case someone handed it in, still nothing. 

The size of the card it about the size of a £5 note. I just don't understand where could it be. It should have been by my shoe, but i look for it for yards.

Weird thing is... I thought I lost this card last week.. Got to work, about to swipe, couldn't find my card, looked in all my belonging, the wallet, and all pockets. Got a temporary card, tea time I looked for it again, wallet/pockets/belongings. Second tea break same couldn't find, but when the second tea break ended, I put my hand in a pocket and there it was. I'm like whaaatt!!!!

But today I thoroughly checked my stuff over and over but nothing. Was it Karma???, was I meant to lose the card. I was going to get a new clock card for sometime, because it was getting old, and  the barcode was slightly smudged, due to that it took time for the clock machine to read the barcode. 

What comes up for me is that someone is using your card, is it also used to access doors or locked areas or just to check in and out?  It was in your pocket because that is the easiest way to return it the first time you lost it.

OR, a long shot, but does someone want to control you and is gas lighting you?  What kind of relationships do you have with your co-workers.  Anyone want your job or angry enough to try to make you look or feel crazy?

Edited by Desertrat56

moonman

Obviously a demon took it. Couldn't just be a mistake, has to be evil ghosts that don't want you to clock in.

• Haha 2

papageorge1
1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

I read the full story. Here's my thoughts as I am one that will consider both normal and 'beyond the normal' explanations in unusual seeming events.

Normal: You know the layout better than I so I'll let you think out weird landing places like in your shoe/boot or something,

Paranormal: This seems to be the second time suggesting a louder Hmmm... is warranted. Now in the annals of the paranormal objects disappearing and reappearing is a fairly commonly heard claim. I even shared a story on here of how my computer neck pillow disappeared and was found in an unexpected place later. In my case I actually have a leading theory,,,,a prankster (non-negative) spirit that I was aware of that was active for a short time.  Anything else weird or suggestive been happening with you?

Edited by papageorge1

freetoroam
3 hours ago, MissJatti said:

That noise when a plastic card hits concrete

What moise is that then?

Sorry, its not something I am familiar with.

papageorge1
1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

What moise is that then?

Sorry, its not something I am familiar with.

Faint thunkity thunk

Papameter’s a’blowin for its peeps

50% Paranormal.  50% Normal

not the first allegedly weird disappearance of this card!!

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

XenoFish

As mentioned before. When panic mode hit you may have inadvertently kicked it under something. 

3 hours ago, moonman said:

Obviously a demon took it. Couldn't just be a mistake, has to be evil ghosts that don't want you to clock in.

Invisible bigfoot pick-pocketing again.

moonman

I can't say how many times I've reached into my pocket to find a card that was supposed to be next to my wallet, but couldn't feel the card thanks to the wallet being in the way. Just something about how the wallet and pocket is shaped and how the card presses up to it almost makes it hide.

Of course, the card was always found after checking for a second/third/fourth time and/or emptying pockets. No demons, no nonsense, just human failings.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

freetoroam
30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Faint thunkity thunk

Ah so thats the plastic card on concrete sound. I just have not lived.:D

Manwon Lender
6 hours ago, MissJatti said:

It sounds very strange to me, I don't even know what to suggest. All I can say is I hope things work out and you find it.

Peace

• Like 1

Vanna marie
8 hours ago, moonman said:

always a smartass..<_<

Jujo-jo
10 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Sounds like the incident I had last Tuesday with an ink pen, I was writing with it, got up took 7 steps to the trash to spit, (sorry I know, gross but I have this lung thing going on) walked the 7 steps back to the table to pick up where I left off and no pen. I searched 25 minutes before I gave up, was literally on my hands and knees in three different locations looking for that stupid pen, it was just GONE! I went into the house to get my coat put it on was putting my shoes on and there it was about a foot away from the table infront of the door, on the white carpet, the ink pen is dark green, and I would have seen in there coming especially when I was walking down the steps. I swear it disappeared then just reappeared, then the events later that night and the rest of the week were strangely busy and noisy (things are calm again for now.)

I have no explanations... don't think anyone else has an accurate one either.

MissJatti

Ok thanks for the replies, about to go to work, lets see if anyone seen or handed in my clock card, or I am going to have to give £10 for a new one..... Yes that's right I have to purchase a new one.

MissJatti

So I went to work today, asked the security, if anyone handed it in, NO. I went to the manager's office, Not there too. I went to me work area within the building and NO. I went to the area where I lost it, to look for it and no.

There is about 2000 people working, where I work, but when I dropped it there was a few people nearby. There is nothing on the ground in that area that could conceal something that big/thin.

• Sad 1

papageorge1
1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

So I went to work today, asked the security, if anyone handed it in, NO. I went to the manager's office, Not there too. I went to me work area within the building and NO. I went to the area where I lost it, to look for it and no.

There is about 2000 people working, where I work, but when I dropped it there was a few people nearby. There is nothing on the ground in that area that could conceal something that big/thin.

Thanks. We don't often get story updates on this forum. Remember last time you had to get a temporary card and the old card showed up later in an obvious place. I wonder if it is going to show up in an obvious place again. I believe from many stories that such behavior is in the resume of the paranormal.

Edited by papageorge1