Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bootes void

Damien99

Do you have a link for the bootes void so that others can even have a clue what you are talking about?

20 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

Here is an interesting thought, what is the bootes void is really the product of vacuum decay? 

Are you obsessed with vacuum decay?

The light from the galaxies around the Boötes void has reached us long ago, and you've been told many times that we would get no warning, because the decay travels at light speed.

Answer: It's not.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

Here is an interesting thought, what is the bootes void is really the product of vacuum decay? 

Its not a void, tis portrayed as one in graphical representations.

It has a known 60 galaxies in it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you have a link for the bootes void so that others can even have a clue what you are talking about?

I do but everytime I post a link about anything I get in trouble.

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Its not a void, tis portrayed as one in graphical representations.

It has a known 60 galaxies in it.

Yes I read that but it ask is a huge area it pretty much nothing in it.

Just now, Damien99 said:

Do you have a message explaining what you are doing wrong?  Does it have anything to do with posting links that are selling stuff, or does it have to do with you not adding any of your own words to the post explaining why you are posting a link?

1 minute ago, Damien99 said:

No. People merely tell you that your conclusions are wrong and that you seem a bit focused on end time scenarios, much of which are far fetched.

Here's the wikipedia link on Bootes Void: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boötes_void

It's a region of space with, comparable, few galaxies in it. Unsurprisingly the actual scientific theories about it do not include the decay of any kind, be it of vacuum, time or teeth.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you have a message explaining what you are doing wrong?  Does it have anything to do with posting links that are selling stuff, or does it have to do with you not adding any of your own words to the post explaining why you are posting a link?

There is the wiki page but this was more I question I had after reading the wiki page

11 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

There is the wiki page but this was more I question I had after reading the wiki page

So, do you read the responses you get or not?  You never answer my questions.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

You have not been in trouble for anything.

You do have a habit of posting topics which aren't astronomy news in the astronomy news section and them being moved.

For example this:

1 hour ago, Damien99 said:

It is a question not news and is the reason your topic is being moved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Two things you need to know.

1. The Boötes void is simply an enoromous area of space that contains very few galaxies. 

2. Damien99 has an irrational fascination with the imminent destruction of the universe. He is trying to understand complex areas of quantum physics without first trying to understand basic science. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Two things you need to know.

1. The Boötes void is simply an enoromous area of space that contains very few galaxies. 

2. Damien99 has an irrational fascination with the imminent destruction of the universe. He is trying to understand complex areas of quantum physics without first trying to understand basic science. 

Yes, I knew about item 2.  I have asked him many questions and he does not respond appropriately, answering a question with some random thought that has nothing to do with the question.  Thank you for the link for the Bootes Void.

3 minutes ago, justin3651 said:

You already made this thread last night.

Thank you Justin, I hadn't realised that this was a duplicate thread.

@Damien99 Please read the rules of the site here.

You will find this one: 

1c. Cross-posting: Do not cross-post the same content across multiple threads/sections

As you already have a thread on this I will close this one.

• The topic was locked