Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists are developing bouncy pavements

UM-Bot

They've had this at Disney Land for years.  It stops children from getting scrapes when they fall but also is a lot easier on feet and lower backs to walk on for hours.

Most areas of Disney parks are paved with special cement that is supposedly softer than regular concrete, thus easier on the feet. I know this is hard to believe after a long day of touring, but that’s what the Disney folk say. In addition, the pavement is usually painted with non-skid paint. Disney also uses color to help tell a story. For example, the ground in the Magic Kingdom’s Frontierland is painted a brownish-red to suggest the earth of the Wild West, while over in Tomorrowland, the concrete is painted gray, to hint at, well, um, concrete.

Link

• Like 4

A lot of school plalygrounds have this now around the monkey bars and any equipment that someone could fall off of or near.

• Like 3

We had something like this, way back in the olden days. 

It was soft and springy, often beautifully coloured.  It was biodegradable, needed little maintenance and even smelt nice.  I think we called it 'grass'.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Scientists are developing bouncy pavements

Sounds good..

Edited by Crikey

I thought tires contained cadmium, lead, and zinc with a little arsenic thrown in.

That's why old tires are not allowed in land fills.

I hope they are leeching the toxic components out before using them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

We had something like this, way back in the olden days. 

It was soft and springy, often beautifully coloured.  It was biodegradable, needed little maintenance and even smelt nice.  I think we called it 'grass'.  

Lies

• Haha 1

that is the stuff we use at outdoor playgrounds,  but it lasts only several years, and very expensive to replace. if they do it, expect taxes to go up, it will cost quite a lot to do on large scale, 

Edited by aztek