Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donnie The Doberman Arranges Toys

Dustyrose33

Several years ago is when I first heard of this doberman who would arrange his toys in geometric shapes, and it's a mystery as to why he did so.  His owner said she had had him about a month when he started arranging toys on his own, and that she did not train him to do so.   The toys would be laid out either all facing one way, or some facing up and others down, and in an assortment of other shapes and patterns but no one knows why.  Very interesting. 

In some other articles it was suggested it was a paranormal influence, or even aliens, possibly based on the constellation of the stars, who knows?  Do you know of any dogs who arrange toys?

http://dobermansden.com/donnie-the-doberman-arranges-toys/

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 3

I'd never heard of it.  Animals do sometimes behave in ways that seem "organized" though.  Cows grazing in a field will often line up north/south.  They also tend to walk in a single column when moving into and home from, their pastures.  Cool story about the Doberman!

• Like 3

I've never heard of this either,it's very un- dog like behaviour.It makes me wonder are domestic dogs evolving more human traits.I know a lot have learned to smile at their owners,like my old pitbull/bulldog in my avatar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, openozy said:

I've never heard of this either,it's very un- dog like behaviour.It makes me wonder are domestic dogs evolving more human traits.I know a lot have learned to smile at their owners,like my old pitbull/bulldog in my avatar.nt 

Yes I think dogs are. still evolving.   They've always been smart, but seems like they have an even more intelligent look in their eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Yes I think dogs are. still evolving.   They've always been smart, but seems like they have an even more intelligent look in their eyes.

Yes,I've noticed that too,it makes it worse when you have to  put them down due to old age and that might be only 10 or 12.It's like putting down a family member.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

(ESL) Amazing Dog 1 - YouTube

(ESL) Amazing Dog 2 - YouTube

There was an amazing Doberman by the name of Donnie, who had the ability of arranging his toys in geometric shapes, but the thing is nobody knows why he did it.   The woman who adopted him said she had him about a month when he began arranging his toys, and that she did not teach him to do so.   He had spent about a year in a shelter, so that only adds to his strange habit of arranging the toys.

Also, in the first video near the beginning when it gets to around 55 or 56, watch the toys closely on the window sill behind the woman.   What do you see happen?

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am bit miffed. The only video I see of the dog with the toys seem quite normal.

They do not show the dog arranging the toys, only playing with them and putting them down.

Plenty of photos of 'arranged' toys, but no video of the dog doing it, and they have plenty opportunity. Wow, so many toys.

Lovely dog.:tu:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am bit miffed. The only video I see of the dog with the toys seem quite normal.

They do not show the dog arranging the toys, only playing with them and putting them down.

Plenty of photos of 'arranged' toys, but no video of the dog doing it, and they have plenty opportunity. Wow, so many toys.

Lovely dog.:tu:

Did you watch the 2nd video also?  In both videos while he was picking up  toys and them down he was arranging them. I know it just looked like he was at play, but he was arranging them.

Edited by Dustyrose33

11 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Did you watch the 2nd video also?  In both videos while he was picking up  toys and them down he was arranging them.

I see him putting them down, but I do not see him arranging them with the intricate details, like the  paw over the other toy. Sorry, apart from the triangles, and thats not that odd, we do not see the dog doing what is shown in the pictures.

Now that I really would like to see.

My dog has a thing about arranging his balls (toy ones  he has been castrated) , he digs a hole and puts his balls in there. 

He also gets my slipper for me each time I get home, only one slipper, but its a start.

If a,dog is trained right, he can be taught to place certain items in certain places.

• Like 1

In one article about Donnie's arrangements,, with the ones shaped in a triangle some wondered if there could have been alien involvement since they felt that resembled a ufo.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I see him putting them down, but I do not see him arranging them with the intricate details, like the  paw over the other toy. Sorry, apart from the triangles, and thats not that odd, we do not see the dog doing what is shown in the pictures.

Now that I really would like to see.

My dog has a thing about arranging his balls (toy ones  he has been castrated) , he digs a hole and puts his balls in there. 

He also gets my slipper for me each time I get home, only one slipper, but its a start.

If a,dog is trained right, he can be taught to place certain items in certain places.

Let me look around and see what I can find.

• Like 1

I didn't know Canines could suffer from OCD :w00t:

• Thanks 1

I'd be interested to know if some of the toys were lined up to point toward other geographical places on earth.   Because of some of the designs so clearly placed together, I can't believe they were randomly placed.  Donnie had a reason for placing the toys in the places and shapes he did.

Edited by Dustyrose33