Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
jujusax

Scary Balloon ):

jujusax

Hi everyone! i’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I made this whole account just to post this because i’m freaking out over a balloon i got for valentine’s day. My air conditioning isn’t on and neither is my heater, but my balloon randomly moved and bumped into my wall. the weight thing at the bottom of the string is sitting in a little pot i have on the floor and the balloon is moving so much that it’s bumping into the walls of the pot and being very loud. I really don’t think it’s anything paranormal (i really hope it’s not) and i was wondering if maybe there was some explanation that could ease my nerves )): also the balloon is 3 days old and still completely full of air! 

• Like 1

ChrLzs

As a bit of a helium enthusiast.. :D I can report that this is not all that unusual..  Even a quiet, still, sealed up room will have lots of small air currents and eddies, and you now know where they they tend to be worst..  As they are floating in that air, and have quite a large surface area, helium balloons will be very exaggeratedly affected (that's a technical term... :) ) and will easily drag around that little weight...  Also, sometimes electrostatic charges can cause 'bouncing' effects that may also move the balloon - is it dry air? (that makes it worse).

Finally, helium is an escape artiste - it has very small molecules that tend to migrate out of all but the very best quality containment, so your 3 day balloon is doing quite well...

All in all, I'd suggest you do not panic further.  ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

jujusax

Ahh thank you!! finally i can go to sleep!! hahaha 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
33 minutes ago, jujusax said:

Hi everyone! i’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I made this whole account just to post this because i’m freaking out over a balloon i got for valentine’s day. My air conditioning isn’t on and neither is my heater, but my balloon randomly moved and bumped into my wall. the weight thing at the bottom of the string is sitting in a little pot i have on the floor and the balloon is moving so much that it’s bumping into the walls of the pot and being very loud. I really don’t think it’s anything paranormal (i really hope it’s not) and i was wondering if maybe there was some explanation that could ease my nerves )): also the balloon is 3 days old and still completely full of air! 

I agree with the other forum member, since Helium is lighter than air any air movement will move a balloon like that so I wouldn't be concerned.

Welcome to the forum.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crikey

Better sleep with a pin under your pillow to be on the safe side..

Edited by Crikey