Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Woman wins fight to keep 200 guinea pigs

Still Waters

A woman says she is "ecstatic" to have won her fight to keep more than 200 guinea pigs which faced being re-homed.

Neighbours claimed rats had been seen near Jane Evans' home in Letchworth, Hertfordshire.

Settle Housing Association investigated and told Mrs Evans they had to be removed by 20 February, which she said would "destroy" her life.

She has made improvements to the garden and an environmental health officer has told Settle to close the case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-51544662

• Like 2

Desertrat56

When I lived in Texas near Dallas I was looking for an apartment and had a 55 pound dog and a 12 pound dog.  Most apartments said they would only allow one small dog, under 25 pounds, but one I called said that I could have as many pets as I wanted as long as their total weight, all pets together, was 20 pounds or less.  Of course I had to ask, "So I could have 20 guinea pigs or 40 large hamsters?"  And she said "as long as they don't weigh over 20 pounds together."   :lol:

• Haha 4