Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Concerns raised over hunt for NZ 'giants'

UM-Bot

I hope the land owner can get those people off his land.

• Like 5

Given that they can't tell bird bones from human bones (they're very different), I don't have much confidence in their findings. Also...that

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Given that they can't tell bird bones from human bones (they're very different), I don't have much confidence in their findings. Also...that

Kenement I'm deeply disturbed over your lack of faith in these folks not knowing what a giant human skeleton would look like.

That was a joke but the next line is deadly serious..

It is obvious this is a 'trap' set up by the Smithsonian to gather up all the giant bones in NZ!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

"Regardless of its length, this is an older bone than any human being in New Zealand."

Archaeologists later dismissed the bone as that of a moa (a large extinct bird).

the landowner has not given them permission to be there.

Not surprised they want to remain anonymous, I would do too if I was that thick.

I too hope the landowners find them,  sue them and someone sends them back to school.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Genesis 6:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

That’s, uhh, the self-same book where Creation happens twice, the famously monotheistic god talks to other gods, and then he pettily wipes out humanity in a physically impossible flood, right?

Compelling use of a source...

—Jaylemurph 

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Who knows. I hope they do find something. 

That would be cool

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OverSword said:

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

And based on that description, probably aliens.  What else could the "sons of God" mean?  Like the gods in the televsion show Star Gate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Deuteronomy 23:1 King James Version (KJV)

23 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

It is obvious this is a 'trap' set up by the Smithsonian to gather up all the giant bones in NZ!

:devil:   

@Swede  GET THE HOLE DUG AT THE CABIN!!!!! 

NOW!!!!!!

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Square cube law of biology. They would be wobbly, unhealthy and certainly not mighty. 

And if your going to pick a Bible to quote from, why not pick the most inaccurate version?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No kidding.  Really?  Whoda thunk? :rolleyes:

Look, you’re the one making posts so terse your point isn’t obvious. To me, it seems like you’re hedging your bets, but it’s hard to tell. 

Use your words. 

—Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

:devil:   

@Swede  GET THE HOLE DUG AT THE CABIN!!!!! 

NOW!!!!!!

Square cube law of biology. They would be wobbly, unhealthy and certainly not mighty. 

And if your going to pick a Bible to quote from, why not pick the most inaccurate version?

What's a more accurate version?

4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Look, you’re the one making posts so terse your point isn’t obvious. To me, it seems like you’re hedging your bets, but it’s hard to tell. 

Use your words. 

—Jaylemurph

Since your a fellow Seattlite I'll let you off the hook.  I'm trolling.  However I do assume these diggers are basing their search off that Genesis quote.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What's a more accurate version?

The Jerusalem Bible is the only one approved by Princeton, Cambridge, Oxford and the U.of Penn.

Edited by Piney
Where's the red paint?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Who knows. I hope they do find something. 

I hope their tunnels collapse and Darwinism takes effect....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A group of anonymous individuals have been digging tunnels in search of evidence of 'giants' in New Zealand.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334736/concerns-raised-in-nz-over-hunt-for-giants

The people involved here have some serious issues, first they are illegally digging on private property and they have no true basis for their claims. Here are a few more links concerning this story, it appears that they have stopped digging in that location. Now they are warning that there is a protection spell on the cave where they were looking for the Giants.

Here's a link with more information:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/119534213/concerns-over-secret-search-for-giants-bones-near-huntly

Heres a link where they call off the dig, and talk about a protection spell on the cave.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/in-depth/409704/giant-skeleton-searchers-call-off-dig

Peace

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'm trolling. 

The academics here don't take kindly to the "humorous" trolls. We have far too many Pyramidiot, Conspiridiot and Atlantidiot real ones. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Jerusalem Bible is the only one approved by Princeton, Cambridge, Oxford and the U.of Penn.

Which is odd, we (as teachers) are told to use the NewRevised Standard Edition when sending kids to use “Bible Gateway”.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

The academics here don't take kindly to the "humorous" trolls. We have far too many Pyramidiot, Conspiridiot and Atlantidiot real ones. 

Given that a simple engineering analysis could put to lie the idea of viable 12 foot tall person what else could you do?

• Like 1