Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walls made from skulls & bones found

Eldorado

"Archaeologists have discovered walls constructed out of human bones and shattered skulls while working in a cathedral in Belgium.

"Workers at Saint-Bavo’s cathedral in Ghent, northwest Belgium, were preparing to build a new visitor’s centre when the macabre discovery was made.

"According to The Brussels Times, the walls are largely constructed from stacked adult human thigh and shin bones, with a number of shattered skulls filling spaces between the walls."

Full monty at the UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgium-saint-bavo-cathedral-human-bones-archaeologists-a9341616.html

And at Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/science/wall-made-from-human-bones-and-skulls-belgian-cathedral

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, powerful share.  Thank you.

Quite striking when they're all stacked up and intact.

I've never found human remains ghastly.  They hold a kind of neutral reverence for me, paradoxical though that is, I attribute that to my dog.

I'm reminded of our Irish Wolf hound.  She dug a den every Spring and killed a few of our neighbor's sheep.  She had the old streak in her, not to be civilized out of her.  But yea, she dug a den in the Spring and she and I used to hang out in them.  It struck me, laying there staring at the walls of dirt, that dirt wasn't 'dirt', but all the life that had ever been. 

Since then, digging a hole, working in soil, I'm constantly cognizent that I am handling remains. 

The remains of all the life that lead to now... directly related to the hands I grew in my mother's womb that handle the soil.

It's not just dirt.  It's literally the remains of every body that decayed, to nourish more life.

Decay nourishes Life.

Potent reminder... thanks @Eldorado

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not to take away from the importance of the remains of life in soil..  but Dirt is also just good old pulverized ROCK ?