Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Pardons 11 Donor Class Criminals

Raptor Witness

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4795213002- USA Today 2-18-2020

Trump, who has broad clemency powers granted by the Constitution, granted full pardons – a full legal forgiveness for a crime – to seven people and commuted, or shortened, the sentences of four others.

Interesting move, given that his buddy Roger Stone is about to be sentenced.

This looks to me like a veiled attempt to water down the argument for why pardon Stone?

At any rate, I would rather see a natural pardon, than a full-fledged, full frontal corruption of the Justice Department.

Congratulations to Donald Trump for at least showing some balls, granted to him under the Constitution. 

Get out the popcorn folks, the reality show continues, and it’s never boring, I will give him that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yea he certainly did the country a service by Pardoning those individuals. All of them were rich, and all of them in some way shape or form robbed the American Public of Billions of Dollars. One guy that comes to mind is the biggest thief in American History, who also ruined the lives and destroyed the families of uncounted Americans with his Junk Bond Scam, and that would be Michael Milken, who by the way was a personal friend of President Trump. I can understand being a Trump supporter, but how can anyone supporter or not feel good about this mess.

Did the Americans ever get compensated for their losses, NO but that's ok Trump doesn't care.:rolleyes:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 5

Corruption. Fraud. Racketeering.

No surprise Trump would pardon kindred spirits.

Pays to be rich, famous, and politically connected, doesn't it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Pays to be rich, famous, and politically connected, doesn't it.

Looks like it pays to be a Democrat, too.

Trump knows what he's doing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

I would rather see a natural pardon, than a full-fledged, full frontal corruption of the Justice Department.

Can you explain how the DoJ is corrupt due to the AG taking a decision to RECOMMEND a more suitable sentence?  The length of Stone's sentence is still in the hands of the judge, not Barr OR Trump.  The four prosecutors that made the initial recommendation, LIED to Barr about the length of sentence they'd be recommending.  The whole reason for their pizzing contest is they know real, serious indictments may well be coming down later this year and they need to muddy up Barr as best they can before that happens.  My, oh MY, how they're going to squeal...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BTW, what does "donor class" mean?  It sounds like you want to imply that he's paying off donors.  Care to explain?

18 minutes ago, razman said:

Well , there's trump's next crime.

If not, it'll do 'til they can cook another one up :tu:  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, and then said:

Can you explain how the DoJ is corrupt due to the AG taking a decision to RECOMMEND a more suitable sentence?  The length of Stone's sentence is still in the hands of the judge, not Barr OR Trump.  The four prosecutors that made the initial recommendation, LIED to Barr about the length of sentence they'd be recommending.  The whole reason for their pizzing contest is they know real, serious indictments may well be coming down later this year and they need to muddy up Barr as best they can before that happens.  My, oh MY, how they're going to squeal...

Are you really the only cult member here who believes that interfering with Roger Stone’s sentence was without favoritism? lol 

This sort of blind loyalty is laughable, even for the cult. Trump gains nothing by his stupidity, and someday when he is sitting in jail himself; and he will be, without some sort of supernatural help, remember who explained it to you in simple terms.

Trump is a loser, and pardoning high profile, white collar criminals doesn’t make you a winner.

If he pardons Roger Stone, I would count that a win, but not this watered down excuse, for why. These pardons will provide him no cover.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

BTW, what does "donor class" mean?  It sounds like you want to imply that he's paying off donors.  Care to explain?

These are high profile, white-collar criminals, people connected to politics and politicians, either directly or indirectly. Men who have been close to the circuitry of human power .... and yet, they have no power; as my Mother is proving now.

lol, Rod Blagojevich was gonna get out in 2 month anyway, at least trump does not let out murders, rapists, violent criminal, out with no bail , like liberals in ny do

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

The whole idea of Presidential pardons is farcical, where everyone (in theory) is equal before the law.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

interfering with Roger Stone’s sentence

Uh... he hasn't BEEN sentenced yet.  What are you on about?  And while we're on the topic of egregious pardons:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chrisreeves/2018/05/31/flashback-obama-pardoned-terrorist-faln-leader-oscar-lopez-rivera-n2486178

Just a little refresher:

During the group’s heyday from 1974 to 1983, the FALN was responsible for more than 130 bombings across the United States, the deadliest of which was the 1975 Fraunces Tavern bombing in Manhattan that killed four people and wounded 63 more. In the following years, FALN members threatened to blow up U.S. nuclear facilities, kidnapped Democratic and Republican presidential campaign workers at gunpoint during the 1980 race, and even planned to kidnap President Reagan’s son Ron in 1981.

This guy that Obama pardoned was the LEADER of FALN and he never ONCE apologized or recanted his efforts.  Care to explain why the world should be exploding over Trump feeling pizzed about an old, non-violent criminal being given twice the sentence of a violent rapist?

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Trumps mad

He pardoned Alfred E Neuman!!!

:D

What?  Me, worry?  :w00t:

I need to make a point, anyone who thinks that by making comparisons to what others have done to excuse President Trumps actions should really consider what their doing. There is no excuse for what he has done by Pardoning these individuals and by comparing his actions to those of past Presidents does nothing except prove that two wrongs doesn't make something right.

To try and excuse his behavior in this manner only proves you know he was wrong but you just cant admit it so your grasping at straws instead of openly saying he was wrong. I find it kinda sad that even when he is obviously wrong people who support him either can't see it or refuse to admit it even to the detriment of the country we all love.:td:

Peace

• Like 3

10 hours ago, aztek said:

corruption exist everywhere, always has always will, accept it, get over it, and look at the world accordingly,

I think I won't accept it and will not get over it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

I think I won't accept it and will not get over it.

so you will deny reality? oh well it also has its benefits, i guess. 

27 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I need to make a point, anyone who thinks that by making comparisons to what others have done to excuse President Trumps actions should really consider what their doing. There is no excuse for what he has done by Pardoning these individuals and by comparing his actions to those of past Presidents does nothing except prove that two wrongs doesn't make something right.

To try and excuse his behavior in this manner only proves you know he was wrong but you just cant admit it so your grasping at straws instead of openly saying he was wrong. I find it kinda sad that even when he is obviously wrong people who support him either can't see it or refuse to admit it even to the detriment of the country we all love.:td:

Peace

He and all presidents of late do what their overlords tell them to do and sign EOs THEY write and command their puppets to sign.  

B5D86258-8BDF-45C5-BE99-5759BC49E84D.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You mean it pays to have appeared on Celebrity Apprentice.

Yes.  Which is why every single member of the previous administration, including Obama, are now sad THEY weren't lucky enough to appear on Celebrity Apprentice.

4 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yes.  Which is why every single member of the previous administration, including Obama, are now sad THEY weren't lucky enough to appear on Celebrity Apprentice.

So your saying the President was right by taking care of his personal friends, even at the detriment of the Americans who were robbed by these men and never received compensation for all they lost?

Peace

Holy ****. The US is turning into a straight up oligarchy/dictatorship. This is pantomime levels now. The latest guy he pardoned had, through his family, donated $200,000 to the Trump campaign. 

It's genuinely shocking to see how far the US has fallen in less than one Presidential term. It really goes to show that all the checks and balances, law and order stuff that the country is supposedly built on simply isn't worth the paper it's written on. What is even more surprising is that, given how easily all this has been allowed to happen, they managed to last around 250 years before someone like Trump happened. 

• Like 1