Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Oil Spot

Polaria

Back when i was an innocent preteen and a deacon of the morman church , i was laying asleep in a room i shared with my little brother in a apartment in Orange county California. For some reason i woke up in the dawn when the first rays of the sun were lighting up my room and i layed there for awhile thinking "why am u awake?". I layed there awhile thinking and then i began to prey. Jesus bless my family and as i went on with my prayer i noticed something out of the corner of my eye. In the corner of my ceiling was a shadow. Inside the shadow was a darker than shadow blackness. The best i can describe it as a black oil spot and it also seemed to be made of whever it is you see when your looking acrossed hot pavement and you see waves coming up from the heat. Well it floated out of the corner of my room over me and dropped down onto my chest. My eyes were forced shut and felt like they were rolling out of my head..i wanted to scream for help but had no voice. I felt a heavy crushing feeling of pressure and weight on my chest and a surge of adrenaline. Then it floated back up to the ceiling and i could open my eyes and see it floating there but still could not scream and my body was paralysed. Id dropped down on my chest again with the adrenaline surge and my eyes forced shut. It then floated backup to thr ceiling and into the shadow in the corner of my ceiling and i could move again. I jumped out of my bed and ran to my mothers room waking her in a panic. I refused to sleep in that room for a whole year even though my little brother still slept in there i slept on my moms flooor next to her bed.

Edited by Polaria

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polaria

• Timothy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds crazy or your thinking i was just wake dreaming or having a nightmare. But i was fully awake and in the middle of a prayer to Jesus when this happened. In fact when i first woke up i sat up with my legs over the side of the bed and sat there for a minute and then layed back down. I also remember turning my head to look at our bedroom window and moving my arms around fidgeting. I have heard all kinds of theories from friends and family over the years. Sleep paralysis and even the old Hag which goes back hundreds of years and would sit on peoples chests while they slept. All i know is that it was made up of a dark blacker than the dark shadow it floated out of. A circle shaped black oil spot made of the invisible heat waves you see coming off the ground or car hoods in the heat of a summer day. I never had another encounter thankfully and i am in my forties now. I guess i put this up to see if anyone else has had this experience or one similar to it. If so please share on here.

Edited by Polaria

Welcome to UM @Polaria,

Hypnopompic hallucinations could explain what you experienced.

I experience them very vividly sometimes too. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/hypnopompic

Hypnagogic hallucinations (HHs) and hypnopompic hallucinations (HPHs) are visual (e.g., feeling someone or something present in the room; simple elementary forms such as sparks, lines, flashes, confetti, and shadows; complex forms like waterfalls, cucumbers, animals, known or unknown people or faces, dwarfs, thieves, firemen, and lifelike scenes), auditory (e.g., footsteps, explosions, shots, a beep from a cell phone, voices of known or unknown people, familiar or unfamiliar songs), tactile (e.g., someone grabbing the subject, bugs crawling on the skin, tingling, pain), gustatory (e.g., metallic taste), olfactory (e.g., perfume, cologne, feces, smoke), and kinetic (e.g., floating, flying, jumping, falling, out-of-body experiences, levitation).