Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain’s oldest person dies aged 111

Still Waters

Tributes have been paid to Britain’s oldest person after it was announced on Wednesday she had died at the age of 111.

Hilda Clulow passed away peacefully on Christmas Eve with her family and friends by her side at her care home in Redditch, Worcestershire.

She was born on March 15, 1908, just seven years after the death of Queen Victoria. That year London first hosted the Olympic Games, the Boy Scouts movement was founded and a loaf of bread cost just 1p.

Mrs Clulow lived through 27 prime ministers and five monarchs and survived both world wars, and last March celebrated her 111th birthday with a 1940s-themed party.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hilda-clulow-britains-oldest-person-104412519.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aztek said:

oldest person in ussr lived 168 years, 1805-1973

Shirali Muslimov

It’s a claim - there is no proof.  I suspect he may have tacked on his own father's or grandfather's birth details to his own life.  I have always suspected the French woman who was said to be 121 or 122 at death also linked her details to her mother.  I am very sceptical about these extreme ages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

I am very sceptical about these extreme ages.

i'm not, it is well know fact that people lived well over 100 in those regions,   168 maybe single extreme case, but 120-130 is not unusual there. our bodies CAN live that long, it taken care of properly.  we just do not do that, get sick, wear it out and die around 70.  

my own great grandma lived to 99,

.  I suspect he may have tacked on his own father's or grandfather's birth details to his own life

why would you suspect that? do you think he was that stupid not to know what year he was born?   or he was looking for fame thus lied about his age? there isn't any evidence to suggest that. 

Edited by aztek