Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dr. Eric Davis, Adm. Thomas Wilson & docs

TrumanB

https://12bytes.org/16099/dr-eric-davis-adm-thomas-wilson-meeting-notes-re-extraterrestrials

https://interestingengineering.com/explore-the-recent-mysteries-and-controversies-about-area-51

And, they supposedly revealed to Wilson that they had an intact craft that they believed they could get to fly. They said it was "technology that was not of this Earth - not made by man - not by human hands."

And what do you think of this? Did these meetings really happen?

I decided to take a look and the first thing I did was look for Davis to see if he is actually at Baylor. He is but he is listed as affiliated faculty. Not sure why that is. I was a little suspicious of his activities after being connected to NIDS which was a joke. Maybe he thought that as well. Earth Tech is Puthoff's company. He too comes from NIDS and whatever else he has done with Bigelow. They mention the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin, but that is really a part of Earth Tech. So he has something called Warp Drive Metrics.

https://www.baylor.edu/casper/index.php?id=83894

All of this sounds very advanced and la-dee-lah (impressive for those with English as a second language) but none of these companies have ever produced a product as far as I can tell. They have some papers they published, but nothing is real. It is all hypothetical.  You'd think a company at some point would produce a product. They have not.

Davis has been involved in lot of odd things over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here is the Kevin Randle take on this meeting. There is a pile of stuff on that page and I'd suggest people make sure I am not quoting out of context.

My point was that Davis, who apparently wrote the document, had, in the past, talked of the Del Rio crash as if it was a real event. If it was not, then Davis' credibility is called into question here. If he didn't know that Del Rio was a hoax, he clearly was not inside of any sort of organization that knew the truth. I said nothing about Admiral Wilson in this context, was only suggesting that the Davis document is somewhat problematic.

Second, Wilson has denied the meeting took place, or that the notes reflect the reality of the meeting. In other words, Wilson has not endorsed the transcript as valid. There is a real problem here and I don't know the answer yet.

• Thanks 2

The black vault has this to say

https://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/the-admiral-wilson-leak-an-analysis/

With no provenance, it is unclear if the documents are legitimate, and even if they are, it is even more unclear if the content outlined within is credible.  Allegedly, they contain the note of Dr. Eric Davis, Chief Science Officer at EarthTech International, founded by Dr. Hal Puthoff. They outline a 2002 meeting between Dr. Davis, and Admiral Thomas Ray Wilson, former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. During this meeting, many things were discussed including Admiral Wilson stating he was denied access to UFO related information.  

It should be noted – this particular story involving Admiral Wilson has been around since at least 2008, more than a decade ago. At that time, investigating journalist Billy Cox contacted Admiral Wilson, who denied many aspects to the rumors.

So it is unclear what these documents are all about and where they came from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You would think that if they were doing something with warp or quantum or zero point energy that there would at least be something to demonstrate.

There has never been anything like that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

I decided to take a look and the first thing I did was look for Davis to see if he is actually at Baylor. He is but he is listed as affiliated faculty. Not sure why that is. I was a little suspicious of his activities after being connected to NIDS which was a joke. Maybe he thought that as well. Earth Tech is Puthoff's company. He too comes from NIDS and whatever else he has done with Bigelow. They mention the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin, but that is really a part of Earth Tech. So he has something called Warp Drive Metrics.

I did a little more poking around.  He's legit -- he's got a number of conference papers and has some work at arXiv.org (which are pre-print papers and haven't gone through peer review).  It does appear to be mostly theoretical work, though.  I can't gauge it any further than that.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

You would think that if they were doing something with warp or quantum or zero point energy that there would at least be something to demonstrate.

There has never been anything like that.

I smell another snakeoil salesman...

4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I did a little more poking around.  He's legit -- he's got a number of conference papers and has some work at arXiv.org (which are pre-print papers and haven't gone through peer review).  It does appear to be mostly theoretical work, though.  I can't gauge it any further than that.

This guy seems rather similar to Puthoff. They both have done some good work, but the credentials and companies they push are for the bizarre items that seem to be just bizarre.

Another guy like this is Sheldrake. Sheldrake did some good work but then got caught up in his morphic resonance stuff.

• Like 1

I had overlooked the fact that Davis is still in the game by being part of the TTSA. He has been in NIDS, BAASS, and now in TTSA along with Puthoff and the others. All of these characters are associated with Bigelow.

Here is more commentary on the issue.

https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/06/usas-commander-in-chief-still-doesnt-give-a-damn-about-ufos/

To this day, no one knows why –even though the “Core Secrets” story had been known for years– this document surfaced online just now. Is it a smokescreen campaign? A disinfo ploy? One of TTSA’s viral promotional campaigns? Right now all the fingers seem to point to Grant Cameron and Michael Hall, a lawyer who’s had a life-long involvement with UFO transparency. According to Hall’s answers to journalist Billy Cox, Cameron received the document and the both of them spent half a year corroborating the document’s authenticity, but Hall claims neither of them released it publicly via Imgur.

The blogger goes on to mention that another old paper coming out is the report that the crew now in TTSA thought that the alien autopsy film was real.

Another big problem with the document is that it mentions MJ12. The documents which exposed MJ12 were a hoax.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4528

Skeptical UFO author Philip Klass sent a copy of the documents to the FBI, which immediately investigated their authenticity. In their report dated December 1988, the FBI stated:

The Office of Special Investigations, US Air Force, advised on November 30, 1988, that the document was fabricated. Copies of that document have been distributed to various parts of the United States. The document is completely bogus.

and this

And true to form, the MJ-12 documents are still promoted to this day by many of the UFO faithful. They were classic disinformation, false documents created to play a role in real national security. They were designed and written for specific marks who did with them exactly what they were meant to. They took advantage of well-meaning patriots who wanted enhanced national security, and who, by being easy to fool, ended up providing exactly that.

and more here:

https://skepticalinquirer.org/1988/01/the-mj-12-crashed-saucer-documents/

This goes over the many reasons we can be sure that the documents are hoaxes such as writing a zero before a single digit date. That came into use well after the documents were supposedly written.

You can also hear about the MJ12 being a hoax from Jerry Drake in this podcast.

https://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/19/06/27/

The simple fact is that anyone still clinging to the MJ12 documents as real is setting the stage for yet another con, which I think these "leaked" documents are all about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1