Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mount Shasta cloud photo sparks UFO rumors

UM-Bot

Nice photo of a lenticular. Type "ufo lenticular clouds" or "flying saucer clouds" into your favorite search engine to find more

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Did UFO's ever disguise themselves in clouds before Independence Day came out?

No they usually disguise themselves in bright flashing lights. :alien:

• Haha 4

:rolleyes:Wouldnt aliens know what we know? And cleverly hide themselves in clouds(like this) knowing that our scientists would write them off as just clouds. Genius I say....:rolleyes:

Edited by InconceivableThoughts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I think it was a new strategy  with the MIC and all.

1583724D-E285-4BBB-9EF5-C9B926E42326.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Festina said:

I think it was a new Strega, with the MIC and all...

1583724D-E285-4BBB-9EF5-C9B926E42326.jpeg

The painting on the right is discussed here: http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_3.htm

From google translate we learn:

In the catalog of the Fitzwilliam Museum, edited by H. Gerson and J.W. In fact, Goodison reads: "In the foreground of a hilly landscape, Christ is baptized by St. John, amid a circle of onlookers. The two figures are brilliantly lit by rays from the Dove high above, against general darkness ... »(Against the background of a hilly landscape, Jesus is baptized by John, among a circle of spectators. The two figures are illuminated by the rays coming from the Dove high above them, in a general darkness ...)

Notice the white under the disk is a dove

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We learn about the left hand painting from here: http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_6.htm

From Google translate:

There are no UFOs in the painting entitled "The miracle of the snow" by Masolino da Panicale. The legend of the summer snowfall on the Esquiline is a story written a thousand years after the era in which the miracle would have occurred, and the clouds that made some ufologists discuss so much fall into the style of several artists of the first half of the fifteenth century.

In "The miracle of the snow" by Masolino da Panicale there are no UFOs. The story of was written by Bartolomeo da Trento 1000 years after the presumed miracle (a.D. 352) and it became a very popular legend. Many churches dedicated to the miracle was built and many painters represented the same scene. The stylized clouds are similar to other clouds painted by Masolino, Benozzo Gozzoli and other artists of the first half of XV century.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The painting on the right is discussed here: http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_3.htm

Sorry, I don’t see it.  Perhaps one needs to see the painting close up.   Looks like a saucer with four beams to me. 

But Thank you so much for your response and the link. :)

Doves...

28A8976E-8031-4921-AE06-434FD1DAA5FB.jpeg

Just now, Festina said:

Sorry, I don’t see it.  Perhaps one needs to see the painting close up.   Looks like a saucer with four beams to me. 

Doves...

28A8976E-8031-4921-AE06-434FD1DAA5FB.jpeg

If you go to the link you will clearly see a close up of the painting. And remember that you need to read the material about the history of art and how images are represented and not guess. If we were all to guess we might guess that Picasso was painting actual beings he saw.

image.png.2748f122fccb34ae79ba0b7de86dbc59.png

Is that what some people look like or is this the artist's interpretation?

In the case of the painting of the disk in the sky we learn what people were using to represent part of the trinity, a dove.

From Google translate.

The Holy Spirit in the form of a dove is often depicted within a luminous circle from which the rays that symbolize divine Grace depart.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

This distinctive disc-shaped cloud formation was recently photographed by a worker in the Cascade Mountains.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334785/mount-shasta-cloud-photo-sparks-ufo-rumors

It is a cool picture, but there is often talk of ufos over Mount Shasta as well as stories that the people from the previous civilization that we don't have any evidence or rememberance of live in Mt. Shasta and have UFOs to travel around looking for "special" people to talk to and take to their "lair".  :lol:

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Yes in close encounters of the third kind. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I haven't seen that movie in probably 30 years.

Yes the same for me, strange the things we remember sometimes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

So true!! Lol

16 hours ago, stereologist said:

In the catalog of the Fitzwilliam Museum, edited by H. Gerson and J.W. In fact, Goodison reads: "In the foreground of a hilly landscape, Christ is baptized by St. John, amid a circle of onlookers.

I don't remember that. :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I haven't seen that movie in probably 30 years.

Its aged pretty well :tu: I still love it

22 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

Yes in close encounters of the third kind. 

The reason the UFO in that movie and most movies disguised themselves in clouds is because they were basing it on what had been reported by many people over the years.  The Close Encounters movie was all about exploring how what people had been reporting could play out.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 9:43 AM, Festina said:

Doves...

That's because you're looking at a small image.  If you see the full sized painting, in the middle of the "halo cloud" overhead is a bright spot.  If you walk to the painting and look at it, the "spot" is actually a bird.  A dove, in fact, representing the Holy Spirit.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:33 AM, stereologist said:

Would you be so kind as to post a link to an image of the entire painting? I’m interested in taking a closer the look —  Can’t find it — I  searched.

BTW, Im not a UFO enthusiast. Just thought it was an interesting image.  

Picasso is an unfair comparison!! But I get your meaning.

Thanks  again. 

Edited by Festina

16 minutes ago, Festina said:

Would you be so kind as to post a link to an image of the entire painting? I’m interested in taking a closer the look —  Can’t find it — I  searched.

BTW, Im not a UFO enthusiast. Just thought it was an interesting image.  

Picasso is an unfair comparison!! But I get your meaning.

Thanks  again. 

I think Picasso is a fair comparison in that he exhibits paintings showing a different form of expression and that we have to be cognizant of the context in which the painting is made.

These older paintings employ symbols which are relevant to the observers of their time. They may not be relevant to people of later times. What I have learned is that the misrepresentation of these symbols is rather common today on fringe sites.

Suppose the following image were shown to someone in the middle ages. Would they think that humans were morphologically different?

image.png.2d21b604d1e95138304d7df64f6b20f6.pngimage.png.82932f38d2c3639f9657ac92ab8589e9.png

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I think Picasso is a fair comparison in that he exhibits paintings showing a different form of expression and that we have to be cognizant of the context in which the painting is made.

These older paintings employ symbols which are relevant to the observers of their time. They may not be relevant to people of later times. What I have learned is that the misrepresentation of these symbols is rather common today on fringe sites.

Suppose the following image were shown to someone in the middle ages. Would they think that humans were morphologically different?

image.png.2d21b604d1e95138304d7df64f6b20f6.pngimage.png.82932f38d2c3639f9657ac92ab8589e9.png

Ewww. That’s not good art. 

This!! From the Traveler...is Good Art.  Lol.  The Serpent, The symbol for Wisdom has mammary glands and long tresses.  Indeed. 

FF56684E-AD4D-4354-92B9-C3779F93CDEB.jpeg