Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

some accounts of aliens in history

Marc9595

There are a lot of ufos in paintings, but i will give and link you mostly historical literary accounts of aliens. 

I start with Alexander http://www.oocities.org/age_of_giants/ancient_technology/alexander_the_great.html

Then Lucian's thought about aliens  https://curiosmos.com/heres-an-ancient-novel-about-aliens-ufos-and-robots-written-in-the-2nd-century/  (Lucian, as Plinius the Young, and Plautus even spoke about home infested (if the ghosts are good we should say inhabitated) by ghosts)

Jewish Roman Josephus Flavius in his book jewish war 6 chapter 5 wrote: Besides these, a few days after that feast, on the one and twentieth day of the month Artemisius, a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared: I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armor were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities. Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner (court of the temple,) as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking, and heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "From this place we are leaving."

We it's plural, its some alien elohim

Even the christian Basil of Caesarea believed in aliens he believed the ancient Egyptians rulers to be the progeny of a civilization coming from places "outside the spheres inhabited by men or demons" by unequivocally alluding to beings who were neither terrestrial nor immaterial (he used the word demons since as a christians the ghosts are only evil and that good (for extreme christian in the meaning of obeying) souls can only go to heaven (or being realived for first chrsitians that believed only in the resurrection of the body)very separate from earth instead of even exploring earth 's astral plane), adding that that of the Pharaohs was a "non-descendant of Adam" and endowed with superhuman powers (διὰ ὑπερανθρωπίνης δυνάμεως) (were these hyperanthropines/super human powers alien technology)? with they were able to build the pyramids"   For his times believing in the rotating spheres was common but the way he spoke looks an ancient way to speak about someone in other planetary systems. The source is the Patrologia Graeca

And more recently Japan http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/03files2/1803_Japan_Utsuro_Bune.html

Edited by Marc9595
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually this is incorrect.

There are a lot of ufos in paintings

There are no UFOs in paintings. Let me emphasize this. There are NO UFOs in paintings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If we look for sources we see the following information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historiography_of_Alexander_the_Great

The site lists those that have information about the events. The first link tells us that the stories of UFOs and Alexander are poppycock and that the sources available do not corroborate the stories told.

Arrian of Nicomedia, a Greek historian, military commander and philosopher wrote the Anabasis of Alexander (History of Alexander and Indica), Books I-IV , nowhere does he mention - flying shields

The Greek historian Diodorus Siculus wrote a Library of world history in forty books;  the conquests of Alexander is contained within his works - no flying shields.

The Greek historian Plutarch of Chaeronea wrote  On the Fortune or the Virtue of Alexander the Great - no flying shields

The Roman historian Justin wrote also wrote a history of Alexander - no flying shields

• Like 6

The next link is much more interesting. A quick check verfies most of the claims in that story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_True_Story

The novel begins with an explanation that the story is not at all "true" and that everything in it is, in fact, a complete and utter lie.

The full text can be found here

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/lucians-true-history.html

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :tu:

29 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Actually this is incorrect.

There are no UFOs in paintings. Let me emphasize this. There are NO UFOs in paintings.

Image result for ufo painting

You were saying?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Marc9595 said:

Then Lucian's thought about aliens  https://curiosmos.com/heres-an-ancient-novel-about-aliens-ufos-and-robots-written-in-the-2nd-century/  (Lucian, as Plinius the Young, and Plautus even spoke about home infested (if the ghosts are good we should say inhabitated) by ghosts)

It says quite clearly in that article that it is fiction.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marc9595 said:

Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner (court of the temple,) as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking, and heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "From this place we are leaving."

Funny how when you google this the only website that comes up with these words is this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

You were saying?

There is always some wise guy pointing out something.

I was referring to the typical UFO talk about UFOs in ancient and medieval art.

There is a difference between art before the UFO craze and art afterward.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There is always some wise guy pointing out something.

I was referring to the typical UFO talk about UFOs in ancient and medieval art.

There is a difference between art before the UFO craze and art afterward.

I know. I was just being a wise guy. It's all I've got around here man. Cut me some slack! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I know. I was just being a wise guy. It's all I've got around here man. Cut me some slack! 

It was good for you point out that my sweeping statement truly required the qualifier of a while back.  Thanks. I think it is important to make sure that statements are corrected as you did.

3 hours ago, Marc9595 said:

Even the christian Basil of Caesarea believed in aliens he believed the ancient Egyptians rulers to be the progeny of a civilization coming from places "outside the spheres inhabited by men or demons" by unequivocally alluding to beings who were neither terrestrial nor immaterial

People of those times had some odd beliefs about other countries.  However, his belief directly contradicts thousands upon thousands of years of Egyptian writing, writing by other civilizations around the Mediterranean, and the archaeological record as well.  I might believe that you were descended from a series of books that walked and talked, but my fantasy doesn't make truth or reality.

(he used the word demons since as a christians the ghosts are only evil and that good (for extreme christian in the meaning of obeying) souls can only go to heaven (or being realived for first chrsitians that believed only in the resurrection of the body)very separate from earth instead of even exploring earth 's astral plane), adding that that of the Pharaohs was a "non-descendant of Adam" and endowed with superhuman powers (διὰ ὑπερανθρωπίνης δυνάμεως) 

... a belief (non-descendant of Adam) that clearly violates Biblical teachings (all humans are descended from Adam).

By the way, I searched for Basil and his works (and found some) but see nothing about these beliefs)

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 7:54 AM, Marc9595 said:

There are a lot of ufos in paintings, but i will give and link you mostly historical literary accounts of aliens. 

I start with Alexander http://www.oocities.org/age_of_giants/ancient_technology/alexander_the_great.html

Jewish Roman Josephus Flavius in his book jewish war 6 chapter 5 wrote: Besides these, a few days after that feast, on the one and twentieth day of the month Artemisius, a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared: I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armor were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities. Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner (court of the temple,) as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking, and heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "From this place we are leaving."

We it's plural, its some alien elohim

Even the christian Basil of Caesarea believed in aliens he believed the ancient Egyptians rulers to be the progeny of a civilization coming from places "outside the spheres inhabited by men or demons" by unequivocally alluding to beings who were neither terrestrial nor immaterial (he used the word demons since as a christians the ghosts are only evil and that good (for extreme christian in the meaning of obeying) souls can only go to heaven (or being realived for first chrsitians that believed only in the resurrection of the body)very separate from earth instead of even exploring earth 's astral plane), adding that that of the Pharaohs was a "non-descendant of Adam" and endowed with superhuman powers (διὰ ὑπερανθρωπίνης δυνάμεως) (were these hyperanthropines/super human powers alien technology)? with they were able to build the pyramids"   For his times believing in the rotating spheres was common but the way he spoke looks an ancient way to speak about someone in other planetary systems. The source is the Patrologia Graeca

And more recently Japan http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/03files2/1803_Japan_Utsuro_Bune.html

I know what you are referring to and yes I agree. Why not really sure they must have been just as curious as to the things they were seeing in the skies back then as we are today.

Nice topic btw, too bad others let their skepticism and humorous side interupt the seriousness of the subject.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

I know what you are referring to and yes I agree. Why not really sure they must have been just as curious as to the things they were seeing in the skies back then as we are today.

Nice topic btw, too bad others let their skepticism and humorous side interupt the seriousness of the subject.

420more20baptism.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Yes but I still find this bbn one a bit suspicious, surely the artist had to have known that people did not live inside the sun or moon and the odd shapes and the moon having six motion lines and the sun having 3 motion lines, both people looking at one another but seem to be headed in opposite direction, I think all have a hidden message that we're missing and much more meaning then what we know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes but I still find this bbn one a bit suspicious, surely the artist had to have known that people did not live inside the sun or moon and the odd shapes and the moon having six motion lines and the sun having 3 motion lines, both people looking at one another but seem to be headed in opposite direction, I think all have a hidden message that we're missing and much more meaning then what we know.

How would they have known anything about the Sun and the Moon?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, astrobeing said:

How would they have known anything about the Sun and the Moon?

Yes, how would they, beside from the point of seeing it... there's jusr too much detail there for me to think that there isn't more to this story in that painting anyway....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes, how would they, beside from the point of seeing it... there's jusr too much detail there for me to think that there isn't more to this story in that painting anyway....

Detail?     I don't really see much detail.    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

Detail?     I don't really see much detail.    

The sun and moon look like flying  vehicles with a person in each one driving them, going in opposite directions, the lines on the sun and the moon are uneven numbers, you'd think the artist would have kept the lines the same and in theme with one another and the moon has two stars on it, also you'd think the artist would have added stars to the sun as well and kept them somewhat matching each other.

But the artist in fact did not, which makes me wonder why and what it represents or what they might know, that I do not ; )

On 2/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Tuco's Gas said:

Sorry but if I were painting a serious painting of Christ hanging on the cross and was going to add the sun and moon I would have added a sun and moon, not a sun and moon that look like space ships with someone driving or riding inside of them.

The sun and moon in this painting throws the whole thing off, why not just add a bright, yellow sun and a milky, white moon : ) ?

4 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

The sun and moon look like flying  vehicles with a person in each one driving them, going in opposite directions, the lines on the sun and the moon are uneven numbers, you'd think the artist would have kept the lines the same and in theme with one another and the moon has two stars on it, also you'd think the artist would have added stars to the sun as well and kept them somewhat matching each other.

But the artist in fact did not, which makes me wonder why and what it represents or what they might know, that I do not ; )

You are taking allot of liberties in what is there.   I've never seen "flying vehicles" anything like that.  They look more like Nerf toys than vehicles.   What makes you say it looks like they are driving them?  

Throughout history and still to this day, artists create fantasy in their paintings.  

Would this make you think these creatures are real?

image.png.ab45569fd95ef452d404aec4e4e430d4.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are taking allot of liberties in what is there.   I've never seen "flying vehicles" anything like that.  They look more like Nerf toys than vehicles.   What makes you say it looks like they are driving them?  

Throughout history and still to this day, artists create fantasy in their paintings.  

Would this make you think these creatures are real?

image.png.ab45569fd95ef452d404aec4e4e430d4.png

Lol no but the artist was top notch for the times and the painting in itself is all very realistic except the sun and moon and again it makes me wonder why, it is just out of character, theme and style, it does not fit in with the rest of the picture...

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:20 AM, Jujo-jo said:

There is no chance of that. The objects were well known to be representations of the Sun and Moon. The personification of heavenly bodies has been an age old tradition. Next I expect someone to suggest that these images lend support to these being spacecraft.

image.png.8609fb0cb99d9d61d78da3582e670bb3.pngimage.png.6f0a018d20baf72bb9dec212a24606d4.png

These are artistic representations.

• Thanks 1