Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Radar scans hint at King Tut hidden chamber

UM-Bot

I understand the fact of not wanting to cause any damage. But a tiny hole could be drilled and fit a pinhole camera through it a take a peek. Then this could be put to rest finally

This is a recycling, for at least the third time, of the scans conducted by an Italian team in 2018, and with further scans in 2019. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326490081_ACCEPTED_FOR_PUBLICATION_IN_JOURNAL_OF_CULTURAL_HERITAGE_Geophysical_Anomalies_detected_by_Electrical_Resistivity_Tomography_in_the_area_surrounding_Tutankhamun's_tomb

I think it is man made and not a natural void, but it's far too small to be a decent tomb. Maybe a cache like KV63, or even another "pet tomb", or even empty. The encouraging signs though are that as KV63 seems to be a cache for Tutankhamaun's burial, as is KV54, then it would seem unlikely that Tutankhamun warranted 3 caches for his burial while others have no cache associated with them. It's also encouraging that as this void is at the same depth as KV62 as well as being right next to it, then if man made, it would have been covered by the same flood that covered KV62 and KV55, and so likely to be from the Amarna period.

Associating this void with Nefertiti, or any other named person, is just hype though. But let's just suppose that it was Nefertiti, then as Tutankhamun was found with many core elements of her burial, it's unlikely that there will be any "wonderful things". IMO, Reeves was wrong to suggest that Nefertiti morphed into Smenkhare after having previously morphed into Ankhkheprure Neferneferuaten, the original owner of many KV62 core burial items. However, we still have missing Amarna royals, including the male owner of Tutankhamun's second coffin. On that, Adrian Dodson has made a study and his results yet to be published, maybe in his forthcoming book about the fate of Nefertiti.

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 7

If it turns out that there really is a hidden chamber - especially one containing the remains of Queen Nefertiti - it would likely be one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of all time. ~ Ray Johnson

If we find some evidence of what actually happened in Egypt during the 18th dynasty that caused the catastrophe we face today it would be an important find  —  this would be the greatest archaeological discovery of this time.

Human remains and jeweled golden artifacts are minutia that entertain the masses and yet provide nothing of use to the evolution of the species.  

Edited by Festina

Sadly there is a lot of politics and economic factors based around the SCA. Back in 'the good old days' you just had to have a bit of money or backing and you could officially unearth tombs. Or, you had some guns, pick axe and no morals and just rob the tombs. Now? Now you gotta write papers, beg to use any technology to support your papers, all the while paying hand over fist for the ability to do this. The possibility of Nefertiti being in the 'tomb' is going to start a 'bidding war' to be the guy/group/country to be first in. This is legacy making stuff. SCA is aware of this and is happy to drag the process out under the guise of 'preserving cultural objects etc', even though technology and skill is available to limit the damage. It is a shame, but I don't think we'll be seeing any chambers being opened any time soon. I am expecting 99.9% proof of a chamber and then SCA sending an Egyptian team in.

• Like 1

Since this is all under ground it's reasonable to expect voids around some peremeter walls. Someone possibly overdug, dirt/sand resettled or eroded around an area. Throw in a volcano or earthquake and the earth can shiftt. But I'm still hoping they can poke a little arthrocopic sized camera through a hole and make a thumbs up or down announcement. Betcha they know it's empty and prefer the attention it still lures. 

• Like 1

I vote.... Drill baby, DRILL!!! :lol:

If there something there it will be worth the damage. If theres nothing there, what is the conservation damage? Not much IMHO. 

• Like 2

Zahi Hawass the antiquities minister has most control over all digs and studies! Though I feel a small drilling hole to fit a camera in will have no damage on the whole structure! The ultimate answer comes down to this guy.

3 hours ago, drakonwick said:

Zahi Hawass the antiquities minister has most control over all digs and studies! Though I feel a small drilling hole to fit a camera in will have no damage on the whole structure! The ultimate answer comes down to this guy.

Hawass hasn't been in that position for some years now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I've been hearing about this hidden chamber for over a year now. Is someone going to open it or, are they going to milk it for 7 seasons on the History channel? Maybe they should bring in Geraldo.....

Probably a home theater with a pool table and bar, maybe a Nip It Pinball machine.

20 hours ago, Festina said:

If we find some evidence of what actually happened in Egypt during the 18th dynasty that caused the catastrophe we face today it would be an important find  —  this would be the greatest archaeological discovery of this time.

Human remains and jeweled golden artifacts are minutia that entertain the masses and yet provide nothing of use to the evolution of the species.  

What, exactly, is it that you think happened and what's the "catastrophe"?

There's no evidence of a catastrophe that I know of and Egypt wasn't the entire world back then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

What, exactly, is it that you think happened and what's the "catastrophe"?

There's no evidence of a catastrophe that I know of and Egypt wasn't the entire world back then.

An invocation. 

32 minutes ago, Festina said:

An invocation. 

Could you explain?  What do you mean by "an invocation" and what does that have to do with the 18th dynasty and some sort of species catastrophe among humans that you believe occurred?

What facts support your belief?

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Hawass hasn't been in that position for some years now.

It is remarkable just how long the fringe and alt. have held on to the 'Hawass the boogie man'  idea and that he is still in charge of the SCA. (which itself has been renamed I believe).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, Festina said:

On 2/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, Festina said:

An invocation. 

WTF are you talking about? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wait why didn't anyone tell me before now that king tut was mummified with an erection :whistle:who else knew about this?

From Google: The pharaoh Tutankhamun, popularly known as King Tut, was mummified with a fully erect penis, according to a recent study. Standing proud at a stiff 90-degree angle, the erection was not simply for show, but was used to battle his father's attempt to introduce drastic changes in Ancient Egyptian religion.

So it was rebellion against his dad thats funny

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Now that is interesting! Yet nothing more than another story.

1 hour ago, Festina said:

Ritual Magic. 

Thanks for making absolutely no sense and explaining nothing. Can I play too?

Caramel corn

Cheese puffs

Antique car

See, I can give two word answers that mean nothing as well. Do I win?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Festina said:

Ritual Magic. 

The AE were a little superstitious...we know they had a lot of rituals but how would magic be proven thousands of years later? Same way as today? "Goddidit". I think it's nothing and they know it. It's called Occam's Razor. You might try it sometime. :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Festina said:

Ritual Magic. 

Are you saying that an encient ritual summoned something that’s plaguing us today like climate change or Donald Trump?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Are you saying that an encient ritual summoned something that’s plaguing us today

Yes, it touches upon Everything and Everybody Everywhere on this planet — no matter the religious , political, racial, both sexes,  or ethnic affiliation.  It s so clear to see and It affects us ALL.  

We all  See it, we just can’t quite put our finger on it.

The question is —in which “god” do we trust.  There are thousands.....

Mammon— see Deuteronomy 15. 15:6 in particular.  

437922FC-8C13-4475-8E6C-63562E5641E1.jpeg

Edited by Festina