Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
docyabut2

the ark was round?

28 posts in this topic

docyabut2
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:11 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Ark/Flood myths predate Christianity.

But seeing as Christianity isn't actually an original religion but a continuation on of previous religions with new characters adopted then its in there too. The virgin birth, the messiah figure, the sacrifice, the three wise men, are in all of them going back 1000s of years at least back to the Sumerians. Probably even further but as they were the first to write it down its our earliest record.

I suspect its a true story either relating to the flooding of what is now the Black Sea, or the Younger Dyers comet fragment impacts. It would be more plausible if its the Black Sea because that is thought to have been created around 7000 BC. I could well imagine the villages/small cities in the Black Sea region having a mass panic and trying to save at least two of every one of their livestock and other important animals.

And lets face it, it means a boat carrying maybe 100 animals at maximum which sounds more realistic that a vast ark carrying every animal on the planet.

I believe the story of ark was a true story, also was the  true story of Jesus:(

Scudbuster
21 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I believe the story of ark was a true story, also was the  true story of Jesus:(

Well, when kids are young and very susceptible to anything our elders say, these fairy tales make a deep impression into a young child's psyche - and stick in there. 

The ark is certainly one of those stories, and the evidence to back up Jesus's existence gets pretty sketchy too. 

Noah's Ark - Fake.jpg

Jesus %22authers%22 .jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1