Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
19_Kilo

Ouija Boards...

108 posts in this topic

19_Kilo

People seem fiercely divided on their opinions regarding Ouijas. I've known otherwise skeptical, rational, intelligent people who won't come near a board or allow one in their homes. Claiming the Ouija Board is a potentially dangerous portal for malevolent spirits.

Or is the Ouija just another board game for harmless entertainment? 

Most spiritualists claim that negative energy or evil spirit entities are limited in their powers and need a welcoming portal, opportunity, to enter our physical world.

Does the Ouija Board and the players provide such an welcome mat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

papageorge1
7 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

People seem fiercely divided on their opinions regarding Ouijas. I've known otherwise skeptical, rational, intelligent people who won't come near a board or allow one in their homes. Claiming the Ouija Board is a potentially dangerous portal for malevolent spirits.

Or is the Ouija just another board game for harmless entertainment? 

Most spiritualists claim that negative energy or evil spirit entities are limited in their powers and need a welcoming portal, opportunity, to enter our physical world.

Does the Ouija Board and the players provide such an welcome mat?

As a believer in the spirit world and the possibility of the Ouija facilitating genuine paranormal activity, I take one of the positions you stated: Claiming the Ouija Board is a potentially dangerous portal for malevolent spirits.

I read a lot of stories and I am more and more convinced this is true. Positive communication can happen but the risk is too great.

• Like 6

acute

I say it every time, but here we go.....

People will say a ouija board is a harmless toy, but it can also be a tool.

Never use a ouija board.  It attracts low and deceptive spirits, and no good can come of it.  (I know this)

• Like 5

XenoFish

It's just a board game that works though the subconscious and ideomotor effect. Now a magic 8 ball, that's evil.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

XenoFish
Just now, acute said:

I say it every time, but here we go.....

People will say a ouija board is a harmless toy, but it can also be a tool.

Never use a ouija board.  It attracts low and deceptive spirits, and no good can come of it.  (I know this)

Your paranoia is showing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Orphalesion
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's just a board game that works though the subconscious and ideomotor effect. Now a magic 8 ball, that's evil.

Though it is made by the same people as Monopoly...and that game IS demonic...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

19_Kilo
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Your paranoia is showing.

But he might have had a disturbing experience with a Ouija. I know that the ideomotor effect...Or downright intentional moving of the planchette...is the usual cause of movement. But I swear I've never seen another aspect of the paranormal that divides people and converts skeptics and even STEM guys as the Ouija. My PhD (Anthro) brother in law won't allow one in his home. Anecdotal I know, but the sheer number of people I've met who have strong aversion or fear of the OB has always amazed me. 

Maybe I'll have to try a session myself just to see. "I ain't 'fraid a no ghosts!" LOL 

Peace.

Edited by Tuco's Gas
  • Sad 1

Stiff

Our window cleaner gave us one once. No, wait... that was a squeegee board.

As you were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Candor

I had one in my early teens and my mother wanted that thing out of the house so I gave it to my older sister (married and had her own house) and she ended up getting rid of it also. Bad vibes you get from that darn thing. I would ask any skeptics to give it a try to see what it's all about...

• Like 2

19_Kilo
1 hour ago, Candor said:

I had one in my early teens and my mother wanted that thing out of the house so I gave it to my older sister (married and had her own house) and she ended up getting rid of it also. Bad vibes you get from that darn thing. I would ask any skeptics to give it a try to see what it's all about...

I understand what you mean about skeptics trying it out to try and determine the validity of using it being a portal for malevolent energy or spirits. But where the problem might be in such a scenario is that it's likely that what creates the "portal" or opportunity for the spirits/demons to gain access is, not so much the board itself but the people playing who willingly and earnestly attempt to summon the spirits. Thus, two non-believing skeptics might not entice the entities. Just a thought.

onlookerofmayhem

I've tried to use a Ouija Board dozens of times. By myself and with other people. 

Literally nothing happens.

It's a toy that does absolutely nothing and is no danger to anybody.

People haunt themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dejarma
8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

of course it's obvious BS but i wouldn't class it as a game= it's just a board;)

• Like 2

Timothy

@Tuco's Gas, why do they never work for sceptics?

9 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I've known otherwise skeptical, rational, intelligent people who won't come near a board or allow one in their homes.

It seems these people are not that sceptical...

It’s all psychological.

• Like 1

Dejarma
1 minute ago, Timothy said:

@Tuco's Gas, why do they never work for sceptics?

It seems these people are not that sceptical...

It’s all psychological.

yep

19_Kilo
4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep

I actually hypothesized in an earlier post as to why the Ouija might not work for skeptics as far as creating a portal for malevolent dieties.

Dejarma
2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I actually hypothesized in an earlier post as to why the Ouija might not work for skeptics as far as creating a portal for malevolent dieties.

your point is?

Edited by Dejarma

openozy

In a way both paranormal believers and sceptics are right,Ouija boards open your mind to negative entities so it is psychological in a way.The only difference is sceptics put a halt to it there, where believers who aren't protected allow this bad stuff into reality.It's just a bit of cardboard you can make yourself but it's the intention put into it that makes it real.Bad stuff and shouldn't be messed with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Timothy
13 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

The other way to look at it is that believers are susceptible to sucking themselves in, while sceptics are not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dejarma
5 minutes ago, openozy said:

It's just a bit of cardboard you can make yourself but it's the intention put into it that makes it real.Bad stuff and shouldn't be messed with.

only believers in this BS would feel a need to make one

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

openozy
2 minutes ago, Timothy said:

The other way to look at it is that believers are susceptible to sucking themselves in, while sceptics are not. 

I think it's just different brain functions,like some people are mechanically minded and some are animal and nature orientated.You don't often get a combo of these.

• Like 2

openozy
Just now, Dejarma said:

only believers in this BS would feel a need to make one

Or have the ability,if you are serious about paranormal stuff you wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

Dejarma
Just now, openozy said:

I think it's just different brain functions

you're not wrong there= well said:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

openozy
Just now, Dejarma said:

you're not wrong there= well said:wacko:

If you haven't got anything to offer on this don't bother.

• Haha 1

Dejarma
2 minutes ago, openozy said:

Or have the ability,if you are serious about paranormal stuff you wouldn't do it.

so all the info we have on Ouija  is from those who are not serious then?

• Like 1

Dejarma
2 minutes ago, openozy said:

If you haven't got anything to offer on this don't bother.

yeah i want to bother! i'm a member of this place

• Like 3