Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ocpaul20

Moving portals theory

241 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ocpaul20

Not a new theory.

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow)

Portals which move around seemingly at random could be an answer to these phenomena.

Others have suggested this (Corey Goode, others?) theory.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

What game is this?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph

How is positing something inexplicable better than positing logical and possible? For instance, how is your magical portal idea better than “storm scoops up fish and they fall over land?”

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuco's Gas
7 minutes ago, ocpaul20 said:

Not a new theory.

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow)

Portals which move around seemingly at random could be an answer to these phenomena.

Others have suggested this (Corey Goode, others?) 

 

The moving portal (Hmm...portable portal?) hypothesis is an interesting one, but alas, would need more evidence than those you listed. Since all of them have either been explained as natural occurrences (fish, frogs) or are anecdotal, unsubstantiated claims (Skywalker, people and machines disappearing.)

For example: The Bermuda Triangle was for years considered a prime candidate for a portal of the type you propose, but has now been thoroughly debunked.)

If they do exist, I think perhaps they'd have a scientific and not paranormal explanation. My favorite guess would be they're some sort of "mini Black Hole." That is, much like cosmological black holes are comprised of collapsed giant stars that have exhausted their fuel supply and nuclear fusion process, thus contracting inwards on themselves, maybe Earthly Portals are collapsed areas of biospheric and geologic energy?

My physics chops aren't acute enough to say if that is possible. I'm thinking, though, it's not, due to the fact that for even a star to become a black hole it's gotta be a huge one..a supernova or at least Red Giant. Thus possessing billions of times more energy than can be found here on the 3rd Rock. For example, even our sun is far too measly to create a black hole when it dies in 500M years.

Just my two cents. 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuco's Gas
29 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

How is positing something inexplicable better than positing logical and possible? For instance, how is your magical portal idea better than “storm scoops up fish and they fall over land?”

—Jaylemurph 

Because storm-caused flying fish is boring. 

And last I checked this forum WAS called Unexplained Mysteries, and was imbued with a significant dose of paranormal inquiries and proposals.

Besides, **sigh**..the OP was simply proposing a possibility and requesting opinions, not positing. 

Peace.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

If the portals move, how come they’ve never interfaced with a really famous location and, say, eaten a President?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I think a portal would require a wormhole and a wormhole I think needs a black hole, so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
1 hour ago, ocpaul20 said:

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

Yes, and perhaps occult dabbling with ouija's, séances, satanic rites etc can create such portals, moving or otherwise.

For example occultist Aleister Crowley once lived in Boleskine House near Loch Ness, and who knows what things he and his followers got up to that might have inadvertently opened a portal through which the "monster" comes and goes?

Pics below- Boleskine House overlooks Loch Ness, and there's a cemetery just across the road..

bol1.jpg

bol3.jpg

WIKI CROWLEY- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ocpaul20

I think some folk on here need to think outside the orthodox science box. There is talk of wormholes, black holes, and other 'logical' explanations, but the world is not always logical - as much as some would like it to be for their own peace of mind.

For example: The Bermuda Triangle was for years considered a prime candidate for a portal of the type you propose, but has now been thoroughly debunked.)

Maybe the ocean-going ships disappearing has been attributed to gas boiling up from the seabed, or maybe the same gas has become a gas pocket and altered the flightworthiness of the aircraft in the air. However, There are plenty of satellites and planes sniffing the air around us to warn us if this was a reasonable possibility in those areas. What other debunking explanations are there for these kind of areas?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 hour ago, ocpaul20 said:

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':

evidence- really? stories you mean:sleepy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ocpaul20

On a related subject, we fairly often hear of birds (not fish or frogs obviously) dropping to earth from no-where, but often these are birds which fly in flocks, starlings, carrier pigeons, jackdors, etc. One has recently been reported in Wales.

I suspect these kind of incidents are caused by something else - but this is just a wild hunch.

These birds are often not dead yet and are sometimes reported to have internal injuries and/or broken necks, almost as if they have flown into something like an immovable brick wall. My hunch is that they have flown into a huge cloaked craft which is sitting there unseen by man or beast or bird. The military has been known to be developing this stealth technology for years and it is unlikely the black triangles and cigar-shaped craft whizzing about our skies are ET invading our airspace or any other alien technology. In my view, both these suggestions mean that this theory is a possibility.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
45 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Because storm-caused flying fish is boring. 

And last I checked this forum WAS called Unexplained Mysteries, and was imbued with a significant dose of paranormal inquiries and proposals.

Besides, **sigh**..the OP was simply proposing a possibility and requesting opinions, not positing. 

Peace.

Well, you’re not the OP, so maybe you shouldn’t speak for them (in doing so, anyway, you kill one of those mysteries you evidently revere so much...).

But that /is/ precisely the kind of answer I expected. The “I’m not looking for truth, I’m looking for entertainment” response of small, boring minds...

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
39 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Yes, and perhaps occult dabbling with ouija's, séances, satanic rites etc can create such portals, moving or otherwise.

For example occultist Aleister Crowley once lived in Boleskine House near Loch Ness, and who knows what things he and his followers got up to that might have inadvertently opened a portal through which the "monster" comes and goes?

Pics below- Boleskine House overlooks Loch Ness, and there's a cemetery just across the road..

bol1.jpg

bol3.jpg

WIKI CROWLEY- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Literslly the plot of this: https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-scarifyers-the-horror-of-loch-ness-802

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ocpaul20
4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

The “I’m not looking for truth, I’m looking for entertainment” response of small, boring minds...

...and no doubt you watch loads of TV which follow that same expectation.

I dont mind. On here, anyone can say anything for anyone it seems, and they frequently do.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuco's Gas
23 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, you’re not the OP, so maybe you shouldn’t speak for them (in doing so, anyway, you kill one of those mysteries you evidently revere so much...).

But that /is/ precisely the kind of answer I expected. The “I’m not looking for truth, I’m looking for entertainment” response of small, boring minds...

—Jaylemurph 

Nice ad hominem. Too bad for your claim, however, that truth and entertainment are not always mutually exclusive. 

And who can truthfully say they don't come to UM for entertainment? Or in your case, to make ad hominem attacks on those whom you disagree with?

Answers to any question posed here can be Googled,  but members come here because it's more entertaining. 

And, true irony this: ad hominems are boring too. 

Look up that phrase if you don't know what it means.

Cheers!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Nice ad hominem. Too bad for your claim, however, that truth and entertainment are not always mutually exclusive. 

And who can truthfully say they don't come to UM for entertainment? Or in your case, to make ad hominem attacks on those whom you disagree with?

Answers to any question posed here can be Googled,  but members come here because it's more entertaining. 

And, true irony this: ad hominems are boring too. 

Look up that phrase if you don't know what it means.

Cheers!

If it had been an ad hominem argument, it would have run along the lines of “You are blah, blah, blah.” You’ll notice my exact words referred to a general sort of response, making me suspect you really don’t know what “ad hominem” actually means...

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
52 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hmm sounds good, and I note there are "demonic bed sheets" in it, which puts me in mind of the classic ghost story "Whistle and I'll Come to You" where a chap finds a flute on the beach with that inscription, so he takes it back to his hotel and blows it, what can possibly go wrong apart from the possibility of opening a "portal"?..:unsure2:

whistle.jpg.456c599c2ea422809cc5cd0b91246c55.jpg 

 

Here's the full film, skip to 38:45 for the bedsheets-

https://youtu.be/i7dXKxzHZWE

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Crikey said:

Hmm sounds good, and I note there are "demonic bed sheets" in it, which puts me in mind of the classic ghost story "Whistle and I'll Come to You" where a chap finds a flute on the beach with that inscription, so he takes it back to his hotel and blows it, what can possibly go wrong?..:unsure2:

whistle.jpg.456c599c2ea422809cc5cd0b91246c55.jpg 

 

Here's the full film, skip to 38:45 for the bedsheets-

https://youtu.be/i7dXKxzHZWE

Given the depth of geek cultural knowledge  that Simon and Paul (the writers of the Scaryifers series) have, its probably an intentional reference.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuco's Gas
28 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

If it had been an ad hominem argument, it would have run along the lines of “You are blah, blah, blah.” You’ll notice my exact words referred to a general sort of response, making me suspect you really don’t know what “ad hominem” actually means...

—Jaylemurph 

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuco's Gas
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If the portals move, how come they’ve never interfaced with a really famous location and, say, eaten a President?

Laws of averages.

7 billion people on the planet.

How many are world famous?

Maybe 1000?

What percentage of 7B is 1000?

It's like asking why a POTUS has never been killed by lightning. 

Ahh, but we know lightning exists, right?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
6 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

Did he make a specific reference to you in that sentence or are you projecting by assuming

jmccr8

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
1 hour ago, ocpaul20 said:

I think some folk on here need to think outside the orthodox science box. There is talk of wormholes, black holes, and other 'logical' explanations, but the world is not always logical - as much as some would like it to be for their own peace of mind.

 

 

Maybe the ocean-going ships disappearing has been attributed to gas boiling up from the seabed, or maybe the same gas has become a gas pocket and altered the flightworthiness of the aircraft in the air. However, There are plenty of satellites and planes sniffing the air around us to warn us if this was a reasonable possibility in those areas. What other debunking explanations are there for these kind of areas?

First you've got to find the areas.

Quick way of doing it (and the way they debunked Bermuda Triangle) is to see what the shipping insurance rates are for that area.  If they're unusually high, then there's something in the area that negatively impacts boats.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
4 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Laws of averages.

7 billion people on the planet.

How many are world famous?

Maybe 1000?

What percentage of 7B is 1000?

It's like asking why a POTUS has never been killed by lightning. 

Ahh, but we know lightning exists, right?

Well, i'm convinced, of what I am not sure of so does that mean in the long haul by the short road.

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I think a portal would require a wormhole and a wormhole I think needs a black hole, so.....

A "white hole" would be a singularity that pushes crap away. Because a "black hole" is a singularity which sucks crap up.

"Wormholes" are pure scifi. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.