Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moving portals theory

ocpaul20

Not a new theory.

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow)

Portals which move around seemingly at random could be an answer to these phenomena.

Others have suggested this (Corey Goode, others?) theory.

• Like 2

How is positing something inexplicable better than positing logical and possible? For instance, how is your magical portal idea better than “storm scoops up fish and they fall over land?”

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 8

If the portals move, how come they’ve never interfaced with a really famous location and, say, eaten a President?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ocpaul20 said:

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

Yes, and perhaps occult dabbling with ouija's, séances, satanic rites etc can create such portals, moving or otherwise.

For example occultist Aleister Crowley once lived in Boleskine House near Loch Ness, and who knows what things he and his followers got up to that might have inadvertently opened a portal through which the "monster" comes and goes?

Pics below- Boleskine House overlooks Loch Ness, and there's a cemetery just across the road..

bol1.jpg

bol3.jpg

WIKI CROWLEY- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think some folk on here need to think outside the orthodox science box. There is talk of wormholes, black holes, and other 'logical' explanations, but the world is not always logical - as much as some would like it to be for their own peace of mind.

For example: The Bermuda Triangle was for years considered a prime candidate for a portal of the type you propose, but has now been thoroughly debunked.)

Maybe the ocean-going ships disappearing has been attributed to gas boiling up from the seabed, or maybe the same gas has become a gas pocket and altered the flightworthiness of the aircraft in the air. However, There are plenty of satellites and planes sniffing the air around us to warn us if this was a reasonable possibility in those areas. What other debunking explanations are there for these kind of areas?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':

evidence- really? stories you mean:sleepy:

• Like 1

On a related subject, we fairly often hear of birds (not fish or frogs obviously) dropping to earth from no-where, but often these are birds which fly in flocks, starlings, carrier pigeons, jackdors, etc. One has recently been reported in Wales.

I suspect these kind of incidents are caused by something else - but this is just a wild hunch.

These birds are often not dead yet and are sometimes reported to have internal injuries and/or broken necks, almost as if they have flown into something like an immovable brick wall. My hunch is that they have flown into a huge cloaked craft which is sitting there unseen by man or beast or bird. The military has been known to be developing this stealth technology for years and it is unlikely the black triangles and cigar-shaped craft whizzing about our skies are ET invading our airspace or any other alien technology. In my view, both these suggestions mean that this theory is a possibility.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Because storm-caused flying fish is boring. 

And last I checked this forum WAS called Unexplained Mysteries, and was imbued with a significant dose of paranormal inquiries and proposals.

Besides, **sigh**..the OP was simply proposing a possibility and requesting opinions, not positing. 

Peace.

Well, you’re not the OP, so maybe you shouldn’t speak for them (in doing so, anyway, you kill one of those mysteries you evidently revere so much...).

But that /is/ precisely the kind of answer I expected. The “I’m not looking for truth, I’m looking for entertainment” response of small, boring minds...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Yes, and perhaps occult dabbling with ouija's, séances, satanic rites etc can create such portals, moving or otherwise.

For example occultist Aleister Crowley once lived in Boleskine House near Loch Ness, and who knows what things he and his followers got up to that might have inadvertently opened a portal through which the "monster" comes and goes?

Pics below- Boleskine House overlooks Loch Ness, and there's a cemetery just across the road..

bol1.jpg

bol3.jpg

WIKI CROWLEY- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Literslly the plot of this: https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-scarifyers-the-horror-of-loch-ness-802

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

The “I’m not looking for truth, I’m looking for entertainment” response of small, boring minds...

...and no doubt you watch loads of TV which follow that same expectation.

I dont mind. On here, anyone can say anything for anyone it seems, and they frequently do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Nice ad hominem. Too bad for your claim, however, that truth and entertainment are not always mutually exclusive. 

And who can truthfully say they don't come to UM for entertainment? Or in your case, to make ad hominem attacks on those whom you disagree with?

Answers to any question posed here can be Googled,  but members come here because it's more entertaining. 

And, true irony this: ad hominems are boring too. 

Look up that phrase if you don't know what it means.

Cheers!

If it had been an ad hominem argument, it would have run along the lines of “You are blah, blah, blah.” You’ll notice my exact words referred to a general sort of response, making me suspect you really don’t know what “ad hominem” actually means...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hmm sounds good, and I note there are "demonic bed sheets" in it, which puts me in mind of the classic ghost story "Whistle and I'll Come to You" where a chap finds a flute on the beach with that inscription, so he takes it back to his hotel and blows it, what can possibly go wrong apart from the possibility of opening a "portal"?..:unsure2:

whistle.jpg.456c599c2ea422809cc5cd0b91246c55.jpg 

Here's the full film, skip to 38:45 for the bedsheets-

https://youtu.be/i7dXKxzHZWE

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crikey said:

Hmm sounds good, and I note there are "demonic bed sheets" in it, which puts me in mind of the classic ghost story "Whistle and I'll Come to You" where a chap finds a flute on the beach with that inscription, so he takes it back to his hotel and blows it, what can possibly go wrong?..:unsure2:

whistle.jpg.456c599c2ea422809cc5cd0b91246c55.jpg 

Here's the full film, skip to 38:45 for the bedsheets-

https://youtu.be/i7dXKxzHZWE

Given the depth of geek cultural knowledge  that Simon and Paul (the writers of the Scaryifers series) have, its probably an intentional reference.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

Did he make a specific reference to you in that sentence or are you projecting by assuming

jmccr8

• Thanks 4

I think some folk on here need to think outside the orthodox science box. There is talk of wormholes, black holes, and other 'logical' explanations, but the world is not always logical - as much as some would like it to be for their own peace of mind.

Maybe the ocean-going ships disappearing has been attributed to gas boiling up from the seabed, or maybe the same gas has become a gas pocket and altered the flightworthiness of the aircraft in the air. However, There are plenty of satellites and planes sniffing the air around us to warn us if this was a reasonable possibility in those areas. What other debunking explanations are there for these kind of areas?

First you've got to find the areas.

Quick way of doing it (and the way they debunked Bermuda Triangle) is to see what the shipping insurance rates are for that area.  If they're unusually high, then there's something in the area that negatively impacts boats.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Laws of averages.

7 billion people on the planet.

How many are world famous?

Maybe 1000?

What percentage of 7B is 1000?

It's like asking why a POTUS has never been killed by lightning. 

Ahh, but we know lightning exists, right?

Well, i'm convinced, of what I am not sure of so does that mean in the long haul by the short road.

jmccr8

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I think a portal would require a wormhole and a wormhole I think needs a black hole, so.....

A "white hole" would be a singularity that pushes crap away. Because a "black hole" is a singularity which sucks crap up.

"Wormholes" are pure scifi. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

I think you’ll find that applies to you only if you want it to. If you like, I can write my posts in Latin, so you can see the use of the subjunctive in a relative clause of characteristic and not be crippled by your lack of context.

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Quick way of doing it (and the way they debunked Bermuda Triangle) is to see what the shipping insurance rates are for that area.  If they're unusually high, then there's something in the area that negatively impacts boats.  

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Article quote- "Although Titanic had four funnels, only three were functional - the fourth one was just for show"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mpfg8/articles/zng8jty

titanic75.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Confused 1

Why though? In what circumstance does this even become believable?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, drakonwick said:

Why though? In what circumstance does this even become believable?

What, my Titanic theory which I've just floated?..Think FUN mate..:D

We can all have fun tossing all sorts of theories and speculations into the playpen for discussion and examination, no matter how far-fetched they might at first seem.

For example I've got a theory that the woman in the grocers fancies me, it's far-fetched I admit because she's happily married but I live in hope that he'll b***** off one day leaving the field clear for me..

Edited by Crikey

6 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Well if God did indeed smite the Titanic for having that extra smokestack (jeez, I feel IQ points plummeting as I type that rubbish) then it would be nicely in line with the other countless murderous and psychotic deeds of Yahweh in the Old Testament. So typical, punishing many needlessly for the wrongdoings of a few who crossed him. Since, after all, it woulda been the ship designers and not the innocent passengers whom were guilty of hubris.

Whoa Jack, I'm not saying God is definitely responsible for trashing the Titanic, maybe the universe itself automatically did it as payback for having a fake funnel?

Maybe the uni influenced the Captains mind to make him steam on at full speed rather than play it safe by slowing down?

Oops sorry was I ranting? (sniffle)

• Confused 1