Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moving portals theory

ocpaul20

5 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Not a new theory.

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow)

Portals which move around seemingly at random could be an answer to these phenomena.

Others have suggested this (Corey Goode, others?) theory.

All this and not one person has detected them?

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Most idiotic theory ever.

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Most idiotic theory ever.

Keep an open mind mate or people might say your thirst for knowledge is flatlining..:D

Edited by Crikey

3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Laws of averages.

7 billion people on the planet.

How many are world famous?

Maybe 1000?

What percentage of 7B is 1000?

It's like asking why a POTUS has never been killed by lightning. 

Ahh, but we know lightning exists, right?

It damn well tried to get Franklin.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

smal boring mines? Like the one operated by thr seven dwarfs?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

A "white hole" would be a singularity that pushes crap away. Because a "black hole" is a singularity which sucks crap up.

"Wormholes" are pure scifi. 

A white hole?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

On a related subject, we fairly often hear of birds (not fish or frogs obviously) dropping to earth from no-where, but often these are birds which fly in flocks, starlings, carrier pigeons, jackdors, etc. One has recently been reported in Wales.

This one?

It was thought they might have been trying to flee from a predator.

In another incident, it was suspected that a flock of birds had died from alcohol poisoning.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky

The consensus is that fish falls are caused by waterspouts aka sea tornadoes Youtube waterspout video. This doesn't rule out the idea of portals, but there are other, better explanations for fish falls. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

All this and not one person has detected them?

Not strictly true.  Plenty of people say they have seen really odd things.  The classic story is the tale of  Gil Perez  who teleported from Manilla to Mexico, and reported the assassination of the Governor of Manilla 2 weeks before a ship arrived Mexico with the news.  Gil was subsequently released from jail and returned to Manilla.  NASA has confirmed that "portals to the Sun" exist.  Then there is the Bruce Gernon event where he flew  a Beechcraft Bonanza from Andros Island in the Bahamas to Palm Beach Florida (250 miles) in 47 minutes when his plane can only fly 200mph.  All the necessary entries and checks had been made, and Bruce shouldn't have been able to do what he did, even with a huge tailwind, a tailwind that his speedometer should have detected but didn't  He says he passed thru "electronic fog".  There are other reported  cases, but I like these ones.  The real issue isn't that people haven't detected these things, clearly we have, but what exactly are people detecting?  What should they even be looking for?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Piney said:

A "white hole" would be a singularity that pushes crap away. Because a "black hole" is a singularity which sucks crap up.

"Wormholes" are pure scifi. 

So are portals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Not strictly true.  Plenty of people say they have seen really odd things.  The classic story is the tale of  Gil Perez  who teleported from Manilla to Mexico, and reported the assassination of the Governor of Manilla 2 weeks before a ship arrived Mexico with the news.  Gil was subsequently released from jail and returned to Manilla.

This story has what to do with portals or detecting them?

NASA has confirmed that "portals to the Sun" exist.

Haha, just no.  Some idiot a few years ago tried to use that same article to support aliens travelling to Earth.

This is what the article means by "portal";
"They're places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun's atmosphere 93 million miles away."

Then there is the Bruce Gernon event where he flew  a Beechcraft Bonanza from Andros Island in the Bahamas to Palm Beach Florida (250 miles) in 47 minutes when his plane can only fly 200mph.  All the necessary entries and checks had been made, and Bruce shouldn't have been able to do what he did, even with a huge tailwind, a tailwind that his speedometer should have detected but didn't  He says he passed thru "electronic fog".  There are other reported  cases, but I like these ones.  The real issue isn't that people haven't detected these things, clearly we have, but what exactly are people detecting?  What should they even be looking for?

The issue is all you've got is a bunch of stories, that and you can't read beyond an article's title.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Crikey said:

Keep an open mind mate or people might say your thirst for knowledge is flatlining..:D

Your brain is running out of your nose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Your brain is running out of your nose.

Actually another area.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Crikey said:

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Article quote- "Although Titanic had four funnels, only three were functional - the fourth one was just for show"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mpfg8/articles/zng8jty

titanic75.jpg

In that case, the universe sure has ignored a lot of other examples... like these yachts: http://www.boatbible.com/5-outrageous-luxury-yacht-designs/

Or Mad King Ludvig's castles (Neuschwanstein and Linderhof) https://www.european-traveler.com/germany/mad-king-ludwigs-fantasy-castles-near-munich-in-germany/

Or, come to think of it, the excesses of Louis XIV (https://www.history.com/topics/france/louis-xiv) or even Akhenaten and Nefertiti who used to stand at their balcony and throw gold jewelry down to the crowd (in an area where only the wealthy were admitted)...

...etcetera

• Like 3

On 2/22/2020 at 1:59 AM, ocpaul20 said:

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow

Jeeze! If you want to use examples, research them first.

Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky

Storms cause this, not portals.

people & machines disappearing into thin air

Really? Please give us your best example.

areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)

Again, an example please.

Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow

WHAT? where are you getting your stories from? 

• Like 5

On 2/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, Tuco's Gas said:

I'll add juvenile sarcasm to your list of attributes.

You're quite the charmer.

That offer was made in complete sincerity; it’s not my fault if you need a certain amount of linguistic hand-holding. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2020 at 12:04 AM, Rlyeh said:

This story has what to do with portals or detecting them?

The story is merely about a weird event that seems to correlate with the existence of something approaching a portal effect.  It is hard to explain other than to dismiss it out of hand as folklore, which is a bit weak.

Haha, just no.  Some idiot a few years ago tried to use that same article to support aliens travelling to Earth.  This is what the article means by "portal"; "They're places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun's atmosphere 93 million miles away."

I am well aware that as you say "Haha, just no",  but the magnetic connection is unusual.  I can see how you might have misinterpreted what I put down as being more woo than it was intended.  All I wanted to imply is that we have some tentative science regarding the ideas of wormholes, and this sort of phenomenon might be relevant to it if wormholes actually exist.

The issue is all you've got is a bunch of stories, that and you can't read beyond an article's title.

Perhaps, but lets face facts.  Until we produce wormholes in a lab, what evidence would we realistically have for spontaneous wormholes other than some people who experienced apparently mad things happening in the world?  Don't be too quick to dismiss the anecdotes when people are prepared to stick to their guns despite ridicule.  Not everyone is a fraud, especially if they aren't trying to profit from it.  I am not saying that we should take the info at face value, but we should also not dismiss it out of hand, when it is potentially scientifically plausible.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Perhaps, but lets face facts.  Until we produce wormholes in a lab, what evidence would we realistically have for spontaneous wormholes other than some people who experienced apparently mad things happening in the world?  Don't be too quick to dismiss the anecdotes when people are prepared to stick to their guns despite ridicule.  Not everyone is a fraud, especially if they aren't trying to profit from it.  I am not saying that we should take the info at face value, but we should also not dismiss it out of hand, when it is potentially scientifically plausible.

A "black hole" is actually a super dense object which gathers objects and gains mass. It's not a actual "hole".

A "white hole" would be the opposite. Which means a object with no mass that would repel other objects. Thus it couldn't exist.....and neither can a "worm hole" according to the current understanding of physics. 

A "portal" would have to be a literal tear in spacetime and that tear wouldn't stop. (AKA "Big Rip") 

• Like 5

Yeah, well known already. I have such a portal in my home. But its interesting to know that its not only for inbounds, its for outbounds (within my home) as well so it seems to be a closed system. It mostly absorb my car key and place it to another place overnight. Sometimes my cell phone and TV remote control unit as well. It has never transferred my fridge, my dishwasher or my bed so I think the tube´s diameter is below 8cms.

Edited by toast
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 2/21/2020 at 6:59 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If the portals move, how come they’ve never interfaced with a really famous location and, say, eaten a President?

How many combined covens of chanting witches do you think it would take to get enough directional control and focus to do that?    If it was 7 multiplied by 7, seven times, that is only about 850,000 I think.  Somebody might be able to organize that many volunteers.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:55 PM, Tuco's Gas said:

It's like asking why a POTUS has never been killed by lightning. 

Ahh, but we know lightning exists, right?

Secret Service agents have special lightening rods on the ends of umbrellas and a conducting wire that runs down to a special copper spike in their golf shoes.  They take the hit.   We all know its true, but they will never verify it.  

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I have a pet theory that the Dark Matter that accounts for approximately 85% of the known universe...And the origin of which is still uncertain...is actually comprised of Black Hole leakage or remnants. Makes sense in a way, since both are mainly super strong gravitational fields. I think too that Dark Energy,  which seems to possess opposite effects, might have originated as Black Hole anti-matter. Alas, my physics knowledge isn't strong enuff to delve into the math which might either support or refute those ideas.

Peace.

Dark Energy could be Hawking Radiation?  That's a interesting idea! :yes:

@sci-nerd What's your opinion? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Dark Energy could be Hawking Radiation?  That's a interesting idea! :yes:

@sci-nerd What's your opinion? 

Black holes are too small and rare to fill the roles we attribute to DM/DE. It's like attempting to fill an olympic pool with a water gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Are you sure Black Holes are too rare? Aren't most spiral and elliptical galaxies, like our own Milky Way,  revolving around Black Holes?  And with the estimate of hundreds of billions of galaxies in the Universe...

Of all matter in the universe, black holes are only "11 ten thousandths of a percent". That's 11/1,000,000, or 0.000011 %. And don't forget that matter is only 5% of the universe, so it's those 5% you have to split into 11 millionths.

https://www.universetoday.com/112500/how-much-of-the-universe-is-black-holes/

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4