Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ocpaul20

Moving portals theory

241 posts in this topic

stereologist

There is an idea called being thrown clear of an accident. The idea seems to be a justification for some people not to wear their seatbelts. They think that in a crash that if they step out of the car then they will just stand there and the car will be destroyed away from them.

This idea is also mentioned by people in the elevator problem. It is suggested that if they jump up and down in a falling elevator they might survive if they happen to be in a jump when the elevator impacts. These are examples of cases in which people do not understand the conservation of energy and momentum laws. 

• Like 3

Desertrat56
15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It is suggested that if they jump up and down in a falling elevator they might survive if they happen to be in a jump when the elevator impacts

:lol:   I never heard of that.  As for being thrown clear from the accident, many more people have died being thrown from the vehicle than have survived.  Usually the survivors have spinal injuries or head injuries that totally change their life.

• Like 3

stereologist
52 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol:   I never heard of that.  As for being thrown clear from the accident, many more people have died being thrown from the vehicle than have survived.  Usually the survivors have spinal injuries or head injuries that totally change their life.

Exactly, but people talk about being thrown clear of an accident.

At a party one evening someone was talking about a recent balloon tragedy. One of the attendees says, and they were serious, "I'd just wait till the balloon was just above the ground and then I'd step out of the balloon before it hits the ground." That initiated a moment of stunned silence.

• Sad 1

Desertrat56
3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Exactly, but people talk about being thrown clear of an accident.

At a party one evening someone was talking about a recent balloon tragedy. One of the attendees says, and they were serious, "I'd just wait till the balloon was just above the ground and then I'd step out of the balloon before it hits the ground." That initiated a moment of stunned silence.

I have seen a ballooning tragedy.  There is no time to "step out of the balloon" and usually it is a collision with something when the wind changes suddenly.  There is no dropping slowly to the ground, that is why it is called a tragedy.

• Like 1

stereologist
7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have seen a ballooning tragedy.  There is no time to "step out of the balloon" and usually it is a collision with something when the wind changes suddenly.  There is no dropping slowly to the ground, that is why it is called a tragedy.

Try explaining that to someone that doesn't understand how the world operates. They think you are nuts and do not understand their simple idea.

• Like 3

Harte

There once was a girl I held dear

Who one day engendered  great fear.

A child she did carry

But another she married

Of that accident I was thrown clear.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Swede
1 hour ago, Harte said:

A child she did carry

But another she married

Harte

Have known others who were not so fortunate. "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" comes to mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Alchopwn
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 11:49 PM, joc said:

My rant wasn't at you...not at all...I just used your quote as a premise...I agree with you about practically everything.  The Sciences explain our world in ways that belief never can.  They are a rock solid foundation that any belief should be built on...and yet...they are denigrated by the 'belief crowd' as being somehow falling short of explaining our world. 

LOL, pardon me if I thought you were aiming a roundhouse kick at science in general there joc.  To be fair, to the "belief crowd", if I was going to criticise science, I would say that science is quantitative, and it tells us about "what is".  What science doesn't pretend to address is issues of meaning about "what is", and the issue of the "whys" and the "what nows" are left pretty much unaddressed, which is unsurprising as they have nothing to do with the purview of science.  Most of these questions become issues of ethics and political philosophy, as society struggles to make sense of the world and build a coherent narrative from the presented facts.  Naturally religion has a vested interest in controlling this narrative, and doesn't like it when its assessment of the facts is proven to be based on superstitious traditions, seldom with any basis in reality.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

kmt_sesh
On 3/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, Harte said:

A child she did carry

But another she married

Harte

Harte, the woo milk is dangerously thin lately, Could Rupert or you hit the town tonight and recruit or kidnap spme of the good, fresh stuff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hanslune
2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Harte, the woo milk is dangerously thin lately, Could Rupert or you hit the town tonight and recruit or kidnap spme of the good, fresh stuff?

Fresh woo, sadly no, it all a bit rancid, stale and over seasoned with irrationality and ego sauce

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Windowpane
1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

I think town might be slightly deserted because of coronavirus, kmt_sesh ...

So not much around of any sort, whether worth kidnapping or not.

Harte
2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Piney knows all the sweet, sweet milk of woo teats, but he refuses to invite them here.

Harte

• Haha 2

Piney
On 3/10/2020 at 5:48 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Oh there you are Jono! You were starting to worry me!

:yes:

On 3/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, Harte said:

Piney knows all the sweet, sweet milk of woo teats, but he refuses to invite them here.

Your thinking of my nights with the Satanist chicks. That's just teats in general.......firm, luscious teats....^_^

• Like 2

Harte
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Oh there you are Jono! You were starting to worry me!

:yes:

Your thinking of my nights with the Satanist chicks. That's just teats in general.......firm, luscious teats....^_^

There's no question that there is sweet, sweet milk of the woo teat there, if they believe in Satan.

Plus, they would have other associates... most of whom would have the rich, creamy woo teats as well as the general variety.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
52 minutes ago, Harte said:

Plus, they would have other associates... most of whom would have the rich, creamy woo teats as well as the general variety.

Now I fought my last fight I will maintain this bod for one reason.......teat. ^_^

• Like 2

Hanslune
23 hours ago, Harte said:

There's no question that there is sweet, sweet milk of the woo teat there, if they believe in Satan.

Harte

Harte in his woo teat outfit dancing for woo from heaven

U4hXs0w.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2