Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ocpaul20

Moving portals theory

241 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

jaylemurph
13 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

I think you’ll find that applies to you only if you want it to. If you like, I can write my posts in Latin, so you can see the use of the subjunctive in a relative clause of characteristic and not be crippled by your lack of context.

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
3 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I think you’ll find that applies to you only if you want it to. If you like, I can write my posts in Latin, so you can see the use of the subjunctive in a relative clause of characteristic and not be crippled by your lack of context.

—Jaylemurph 

I'll add juvenile sarcasm to your list of attributes.

You're quite the charmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Quick way of doing it (and the way they debunked Bermuda Triangle) is to see what the shipping insurance rates are for that area.  If they're unusually high, then there's something in the area that negatively impacts boats.  

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Article quote- "Although Titanic had four funnels, only three were functional - the fourth one was just for show"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mpfg8/articles/zng8jty

titanic75.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drakonwick

Why though? In what circumstance does this even become believable?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
19 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Article quote- "Although Titanic had four funnels, only three were functional - the fourth one was just for show"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mpfg8/articles/zng8jty

titanic75.jpg

Well if God did indeed smite the Titanic for having that extra smokestack (jeez, I feel IQ points plummeting as I type that rubbish) then it would be nicely in line with the other countless murderous and psychotic deeds of Yahweh in the Old Testament. So typical, punishing many needlessly for the wrongdoings of a few who crossed him. Since, after all, it woulda been the ship designers and not the innocent passengers whom were guilty of hubris.

Peace.

https://www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/murder-in-the-bible/

Edited by Tuco's Gas
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
13 minutes ago, drakonwick said:

Why though? In what circumstance does this even become believable?

What, my Titanic theory which I've just floated?..Think FUN mate..:D

We can all have fun tossing all sorts of theories and speculations into the playpen for discussion and examination, no matter how far-fetched they might at first seem.

For example I've got a theory that the woman in the grocers fancies me, it's far-fetched I admit because she's happily married but I live in hope that he'll b***** off one day leaving the field clear for me..

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
6 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Well if God did indeed smite the Titanic for having that extra smokestack (jeez, I feel IQ points plummeting as I type that rubbish) then it would be nicely in line with the other countless murderous and psychotic deeds of Yahweh in the Old Testament. So typical, punishing many needlessly for the wrongdoings of a few who crossed him. Since, after all, it woulda been the ship designers and not the innocent passengers whom were guilty of hubris.

Whoa Jack, I'm not saying God is definitely responsible for trashing the Titanic, maybe the universe itself automatically did it as payback for having a fake funnel?

Maybe the uni influenced the Captains mind to make him steam on at full speed rather than play it safe by slowing down?

Oops sorry was I ranting? (sniffle)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
5 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Not a new theory.

I suspect that there may be portals which move around the globe. Portals which interface with other realities and which produce effects such as cryptids coming and going from our reality. These could appear at any time and anywhere, or may have a predictable set of locations.

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow)

Portals which move around seemingly at random could be an answer to these phenomena.

Others have suggested this (Corey Goode, others?) theory.

 

All this and not one person has detected them?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
30 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Most idiotic theory ever.

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
12 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Most idiotic theory ever.

Keep an open mind mate or people might say your thirst for knowledge is flatlining..:D

 

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Laws of averages.

7 billion people on the planet.

How many are world famous?

Maybe 1000?

What percentage of 7B is 1000?

It's like asking why a POTUS has never been killed by lightning. 

Ahh, but we know lightning exists, right?

It damn well tried to get Franklin.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Small, boring minds."

Your words, verbatim.

smal boring mines? Like the one operated by thr seven dwarfs?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, Piney said:

A "white hole" would be a singularity that pushes crap away. Because a "black hole" is a singularity which sucks crap up.

"Wormholes" are pure scifi. 

A white hole?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
7 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

On a related subject, we fairly often hear of birds (not fish or frogs obviously) dropping to earth from no-where, but often these are birds which fly in flocks, starlings, carrier pigeons, jackdors, etc. One has recently been reported in Wales.

This one?

It was thought they might have been trying to flee from a predator.

In another incident, it was suspected that a flock of birds had died from alcohol poisoning.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
9 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky

The consensus is that fish falls are caused by waterspouts aka sea tornadoes Youtube waterspout video. This doesn't rule out the idea of portals, but there are other, better explanations for fish falls. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

All this and not one person has detected them?

Not strictly true.  Plenty of people say they have seen really odd things.  The classic story is the tale of  Gil Perez  who teleported from Manilla to Mexico, and reported the assassination of the Governor of Manilla 2 weeks before a ship arrived Mexico with the news.  Gil was subsequently released from jail and returned to Manilla.  NASA has confirmed that "portals to the Sun" exist.  Then there is the Bruce Gernon event where he flew  a Beechcraft Bonanza from Andros Island in the Bahamas to Palm Beach Florida (250 miles) in 47 minutes when his plane can only fly 200mph.  All the necessary entries and checks had been made, and Bruce shouldn't have been able to do what he did, even with a huge tailwind, a tailwind that his speedometer should have detected but didn't  He says he passed thru "electronic fog".  There are other reported  cases, but I like these ones.  The real issue isn't that people haven't detected these things, clearly we have, but what exactly are people detecting?  What should they even be looking for?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It damn well tried to get Franklin.

Ben Franklin was NOT a president, he was a very naughty boy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
7 hours ago, Piney said:

A "white hole" would be a singularity that pushes crap away. Because a "black hole" is a singularity which sucks crap up.

"Wormholes" are pure scifi. 

So are portals. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Not strictly true.  Plenty of people say they have seen really odd things.  The classic story is the tale of  Gil Perez  who teleported from Manilla to Mexico, and reported the assassination of the Governor of Manilla 2 weeks before a ship arrived Mexico with the news.  Gil was subsequently released from jail and returned to Manilla.

This story has what to do with portals or detecting them?

 

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

NASA has confirmed that "portals to the Sun" exist.

Haha, just no.  Some idiot a few years ago tried to use that same article to support aliens travelling to Earth.

This is what the article means by "portal";
"They're places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun's atmosphere 93 million miles away."

 

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Then there is the Bruce Gernon event where he flew  a Beechcraft Bonanza from Andros Island in the Bahamas to Palm Beach Florida (250 miles) in 47 minutes when his plane can only fly 200mph.  All the necessary entries and checks had been made, and Bruce shouldn't have been able to do what he did, even with a huge tailwind, a tailwind that his speedometer should have detected but didn't  He says he passed thru "electronic fog".  There are other reported  cases, but I like these ones.  The real issue isn't that people haven't detected these things, clearly we have, but what exactly are people detecting?  What should they even be looking for?

The issue is all you've got is a bunch of stories, that and you can't read beyond an article's title.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
5 hours ago, Crikey said:

Keep an open mind mate or people might say your thirst for knowledge is flatlining..:D

Your brain is running out of your nose.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Your brain is running out of your nose.

Actually another area.....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
19 hours ago, Crikey said:

Speaking of negative vibes impacting boats, let me float my "Titanic" theory..

Pictures of the Titanic show it having 4 funnels, but the rearmost one is simply a phoney to make the ship look more impressive and proud..So my theory is that maybe the "pride" thing attracted negative vibes to the ship, triggering its collision and sinking?

Maybe the universe HATES pride, vanity, phoniness and fakery (don't we all), so it decided to make an example of the Titanic?

God said ‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’ (Bible: Job 38:11)

Article quote- "Although Titanic had four funnels, only three were functional - the fourth one was just for show"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mpfg8/articles/zng8jty

titanic75.jpg

In that case, the universe sure has ignored a lot of other examples... like these yachts: http://www.boatbible.com/5-outrageous-luxury-yacht-designs/

Or Mad King Ludvig's castles (Neuschwanstein and Linderhof) https://www.european-traveler.com/germany/mad-king-ludwigs-fantasy-castles-near-munich-in-germany/

Or, come to think of it, the excesses of Louis XIV (https://www.history.com/topics/france/louis-xiv) or even Akhenaten and Nefertiti who used to stand at their balcony and throw gold jewelry down to the crowd (in an area where only the wealthy were admitted)...

...etcetera

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 2/22/2020 at 1:59 AM, ocpaul20 said:

I know this sounds odd, but look at some of the 'evidence':
) Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky
) people & machines disappearing into thin air
) areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)
) Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow

Jeeze! If you want to use examples, research them first.

 

Fish,frogs,etc falling from the sky

Storms cause this, not portals.

people & machines disappearing into thin air

Really? Please give us your best example.

 

areas where historically there have been lights, anomalies(skinwalker ranch, walker ranch, etc)

Again, an example please.

Cryptids being seen appearing out of and disappearing into nothing. (Bigfoot footsteps in the snow

WHAT? where are you getting your stories from? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
19 hours ago, Crikey said:

What, my Titanic theory which I've just floated?..Think FUN mate..:D

We can all have fun tossing all sorts of theories and speculations into the playpen for discussion and examination, no matter how far-fetched they might at first seem.

For example I've got a theory that the woman in the grocers fancies me, it's far-fetched I admit because she's happily married but I live in hope that he'll b***** off one day leaving the field clear for me..

The thing is, with you godists and biblical literalists one can never tell if they're joking or not when they espouse hypotheticals regarding their god intervening in human affairs and therefore changing history. Usually they're not joking.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
19 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It damn well tried to get Franklin.

Yeah, well, flying a kite with a chunk of electrically conductive metal tied to it during a thunderstorm will do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.