Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lori Vallow Daybell: Mother arrested in bizarre missing kids case

Eldorado

He puts forth a pretty good timeline of the murders.  Reading the comments, it sounds as if they bodies must have been disfigured and burned.  They used dental records for identification.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• 2 months later...

Court testimony of the FBI Team Leader who lead the team who uncovered the bodies of Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan on Chad Daybell's property on June 9 and 10, 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Annie Cushing, biological aunt of Tylee Ryan and sister to the late Joe Ryan, had written a very detailed and extensive blog about Tylee and JJ's disappearances, the evidence, the search effort and more.

https://www.annielytics.com/blog/

And below is her public statement that was posted to Facebook after the childrens' remains were found:

Today marks the conclusion of a long and arduous search for my niece, Tylee Ryan, and her little brother, JJ Vallow. Rexburg Police Department has confirmed the remains found on Chad Daybell's property belong to them. The outcome comes as no surprise, but it still packs a devastating punch as the finality of it all sinks in.
RIP, Tylee and JJ. I'm sorry your short lives were marked with such hardship, instability, and trauma. I'm sorry that the person who was supposed to keep you safe in this world was the one who subjected you to its worst horrors.
You captured the hearts of people across every continent. We will fight with all we have to make sure all the monsters who played a role in your deaths, through acts of omission or commission, will be brought to justice.

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/irishannie/posts/10158521546846880

And a longer, much more personal post from Aunty Annie to her nephew and niece can be found here:

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/irishannie/posts/10158525947196880

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Lori Vallow is found unfit to stand trial.  

I find myself absolutely furious at this recent turn of events.  What the heck is going on here ?  Could it be that this judge is part of the same system (LE/police) that allowed Lori and her brother to walk after her brother shot Charles Vallow in the back and then claimed "self-defense" ?   I so hope I'm wrong.  

Lori Daybell Found to Be Unfit to Stand Trial in Case Involving Her 2 Children (msn.com)

Arizona Police Believe Lori Vallow Conspired to Commit Murder of Her Fourth Husband (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Lori Vallow is found unfit to stand trial.  

I find myself absolutely furious at this recent turn of events.  What the heck is going on here ?  Could it be that this judge is part of the same system (LE/police) that allowed Lori and her brother to walk after her brother shot Charles Vallow in the back and then claimed "self-defense" ?   I so hope I'm wrong.  

Lori Daybell Found to Be Unfit to Stand Trial in Case Involving Her 2 Children (msn.com)

Arizona Police Believe Lori Vallow Conspired to Commit Murder of Her Fourth Husband (msn.com)

Unfit to stand trial and i would say unfit to life like a human beings.I could see her fit to live in an erupting volcano.

• Like 2

She  "nonchalantly giving the slip" and went to Hawaii and is now not competent not sure it isn't a ploy

• Like 3

Is Lori Vallow incompetent to stand trial? - Bing video

Prosecutor in Lori Vallow murder case withdraws objection after ‘cult mom’ ruled unfit to stand trial (msn.com)

Well it looks like Lori Vallow is going to be able to skate on having killed her two children and burying them in Chad's backyard.  I don't think I've ever heard of any other miscarriage of justice to equal this one.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They should make her stand trial anyway. No doubt she's crazy..... like a fox. Pretty good ploy to avoid jail time. 

What's with these people who kill kids? Especially the ones who kill their own? I can't understand. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I think she is more cunning and manipulative and not truly mentally ill.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, susieice said:

It's interesting that Lori had purchased a set of wedding rings for both her and Chad days before his wife's death.

Lori Vallow bought wedding ring from Amazon days before husband-to-be Chad Daybell's first wife died | Daily Mail Online

But you know one of the things that bothers me the most is that when Alex (Lori's brother) shot the ex-husband in the back and then claimed self-defense, LE accepted that and allowed them both to walk away.  Please tell me why no one has called for an investigation of that.  Those original officers need to do some explaining.  Were they followers of Chad or was Lori's long blonde hair clouding their vision ?  I'm aware they are investigating now but what about THEN ???

New police docs show Charles Vallow's killing was 'intentional and part of a master plan' (msn.com)

• Like 5

• 9 months later...

The surviving son of Doomsday mom Lori Vallow has said that he couldn’t get a straight answer out of her when he asked about where his younger siblings were.

Ms Vallow, 48, is facing murder charges alongside her 52-year-old husband Chad Daybell following the deaths of Tyree Ryan, 17, and Joshua Vallow, 7.

“I asked her 100 times, ‘What’s going on?’” 26-year-old Colby Ryan toldThe Sun.

“And the only answer I ever got was, ‘Everything’s going to be revealed soon,’” he added.

Court documents state that if Ms Vallow and Mr Daybell are convicted of first-degree murder, prosecutors will ask for the death penalty.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/cult-mom-lori-vallow-s-son-speaks-out-in-wake-of-siblings-deaths/ar-AAXGeT8?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

The surviving son of Doomsday mom Lori Vallow has said that he couldn’t get a straight answer out of her when he asked about where his younger siblings were.

Ms Vallow, 48, is facing murder charges alongside her 52-year-old husband Chad Daybell following the deaths of Tyree Ryan, 17, and Joshua Vallow, 7.

“I asked her 100 times, ‘What’s going on?’” 26-year-old Colby Ryan toldThe Sun.

“And the only answer I ever got was, ‘Everything’s going to be revealed soon,’” he added.

Court documents state that if Ms Vallow and Mr Daybell are convicted of first-degree murder, prosecutors will ask for the death penalty.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/cult-mom-lori-vallow-s-son-speaks-out-in-wake-of-siblings-deaths/ar-AAXGeT8?

That poor guy.  He lost so much because of her selfishness.  Why the hell didn't she give the kids to someone else?  Why kill them?

• Like 3

@Eldorado: thanks for the update, El. I saw a tv programme about this a couple of weeks back and thought it was very interesting. What a truly awful woman!

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

In the three years since the November 2019 wedding of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell, a deeply disturbing tale of suspected murders, unexplained deaths and apocalyptic cult beliefs about killing zombies has come to light.

Five people close to the couple have wound up dead.

And the couple are now charged with murder.

On 3 April 2023, Ms Vallow’s murder trial is set to begin in Idaho.

MSN

Day 1 of Lori Vallow Daybell murder trial

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/04/live-updates-day-1-of-lori-vallow-daybell-murder-trial/

• Like 3

On 6/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, PrissyGal2 said:

They should make her stand trial anyway. No doubt she's crazy..... like a fox. Pretty good ploy to avoid jail time. 

What's with these people who kill kids? Especially the ones who kill their own? I can't understand. 

It seems to me that if she murders her kids and then is deemed unfit to stand trial, she should be locked in a mental ward for how ever long she would have been convicted to serve jail time.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 4:10 PM, Desertrat56 said:

It seems to me that if she murders her kids and then is deemed unfit to stand trial, she should be locked in a mental ward for how ever long she would have been convicted to serve jail time.

I agree. Both of them deserve to be locked up. What was her motive? 

I couldn't kill my dog over any man, much less my child. It's bull. Seriously. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The second week of Lori Vallow Daybell’s potentially eight-week jury trial is over.

Throughout the last five days, the prosecution has concentrated on the deaths of Vallow Daybell’s two children — 7-year-old Joshua Jaxon “JJ” and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan — and her fringe religious beliefs. But the focus of the prosecution’s case against the 49-year-old Rexburg mother hasn’t just involved Idaho.

Throughout the last week, the prosecution has called witnesses to speak about various accusations against Vallow Daybell in Arizona.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/04/vallow-daybell-told-friend-she-could-always-put-some-pills-in-husbands-water/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I don’t know much about this case, do you think she did it?

Yes.   I have been following it for some time.   She is mentally unstable; she told neighbors her children were "zombies" and she was a goddess sent to usher in the apocalypse.

• Like 5

I'll take it though she deserved more for what she did. I wonder what Chad Daybell will get. What about all the other suspicious deaths?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Lori Vallow Daybell: Mother arrested in bizarre missing kids case