Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Michigan town 'like living in hell'

UM-Bot

I've seen a couple other of these haunted town shows. It does seem these things cluster. I'll be watching my home state with popcorn bag in hand and cuddle blanket for the scary parts!

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Usually these 'ghost shows' don't interest me in the least. They illicit an eye-roll at best.
But I have to say, the idea of investigating claims of a whole haunted town does sound intriguing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

These ghost shows are so lame, so boring I don't know how people can continue to watch them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is it Detroit?

• Haha 2

I'm sure all experiences have some sort of logical answers

Wow, an entire 'town' and still no irrefutable proof.

I am sure it will boost the local tourism a tiny bit though.

• Like 2

comment removed.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Thanks 1

Will have to check it out.Oh yeah, I fell asleep so missed it.There are hauntings in and around San Antonio. Seguin Texas was on Ghost Adventures when they went to the Magnolia Hotel. A couple of other places there are supposed to be haunted, but the whole population isn't running screaming from the place. Heck plenty of new construction there. San Antonio same way.However, again it's not the whole city, just certain places . Besides, it's possible in a city which has always had a large hispanic population ever since it was founded 300 years ago, there could be brujas (witches) here. And you also have places like Papa Jim's Botanica among others where they can go and get assistance from a cruando or someone else who works to bring good, and fights evil.
It was interesting to see Ghost Adventures in a couple of places in Utah where they investigated, and there was witchcraft involved , like that pizza place.
Since supposedly this started in the 1970s, i feel it came about with kids playing with oujia boards, or playing amature satanists wannabes. If it was due to the land itself, or some curse placed on it by native americans, it would not have just started all of a sudden in the 1970s.It would have started way early, back when the town was founded.

It wouldn't surprise me,a lot of these small towns thrive on malicious gossip,it's almost a culture.If they expect all the negativity and bullying will create a nice place to live they are idiots.Reap what you sow.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, openozy said:

It wouldn't surprise me,a lot of these small towns thrive on malicious gossip,it's almost a culture.If they expect all the negativity and bullying will create a nice place to live they are idiots.Reap what you sow.

Man, that's a lot of negativity without a given reason. I suspect these stories are based on honest experiences.  I'm a Michigan guy and we are generally quite honest. No wonder the sheep are nervous in your territory! Here, the sheep can sleep like lambs without fear of being violated!

You tell us: Location:The outback,where men are men and sheep are nervous

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Man, that's a lot of negativity without a given reason. I suspect these stories are based on honest experiences.  I'm a Michigan guy and we are generally quite honest. No wonder the sheep are nervous in your territory! Here, the sheep can sleep like lambs without fear of being violated!

You tell us: Location:The outback,where men are men and sheep are nervous

I've seen both sides, growing up in Sydney and living in the country,everyone is related in these small sh------s,with a limited gene pool and a narrow view on the world these places are true hell for the newcomer.All this hostility boiling in one place is sure to stir up negative energy.I wouldn't mention the exact location but it's Western NSW,if I did I would probably end up at the top of a wicker man LOL.

• 1 month later...

On 2/23/2020 at 2:26 AM, MissJatti said:

I'm sure all experiences have some sort of logical answers

It's called tourism. Next you will see a spike in Airbnb rentals and radiology shops in that area . 

"Another family, who still lives in the town, has been tormented by unexplained cold spots, banging sounds, spontaneous scratch marks and sightings of a shadowy apparition".

Come on most houses have areas that feel slightly cooler or are colder than other areas, my Kitchen and hallway are always colder than the rest of the house but that's due to the kitchen having no heat source other than the oven and the hallway, stairs and landing being heated by one radiator.   On the other hand my landing and daughters room have warm areas due to the pipes under the floor the cat used to love sleeping on those areas. Who hasn't scratched themselves without realising, I have on a number of occasions I also get huge bruises I can not understand but when you're busy you forget that bumped into the cabinet, table or what ever while putting the laundry away etc.  Shadowy apparition could be anything being tired, catching something from the corner of your eye or just plain old imagination getting the best of you.  Banging sounds, pipes? next door neighbour?

On 2/22/2020 at 11:16 PM, UM-Bot said:

A new TV series will explore cases of entire towns that have been incessantly plagued by paranormal activity.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334849/haunted-michigan-town-was-like-living-in-hell

IMO, I blame the banks.  I think they are scooby-dooing people out of their properties so they can buy them cheaply, much like cattle mutilations that drive smaller pastoralist operations out of business then get bought up by agricorps.

Edited by Alchopwn

• 2 weeks later...

Its not difficult to find a solution if these residents find it a"living hell" just move

C'mon folks, don't be cynical, wait until it airs.    I'm sure they won't exaggerate or fake anything or just tell anecdotes.  And it'll probably be picked up by the History channel, and you don't get any higher credibility than that.

Any sarcasm or resemblance to actual ghost shows is entirely coincidental.

• Like 1