Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Wild bear roams the streets of Monrovia, Cal

Eldorado

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

JVG

That’s somewhat common place in my neighbor. My home borders the state game lands and we have plenty of deer and brown bears roaming around.

Late last summer I had one looking at me just outside a open window with only the screen between me and him and his brother was trying to break into the shed to get at the garbage cans...

I love nature and the animals but they are getting bolder as natural habitat shrinks...

• Like 5

Not Your Huckleberry

Just another day in South Carolina. Deer, wild pigs, raccoons attacking, squirrels stealing your food. Yawn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jujo-jo

Well really... what do they expect bears live in California, at least this one seemed to be on the friendly side of things, very big belly lol it didn't look like food was the motive here, more like boredom, just out for a stroll to see something new & interesting. lol

• Like 1

openozy

Coming from Oz I cant believe anyone goes camping or even into their yard in bear country lol.

• Haha 1

Jujo-jo
7 hours ago, openozy said:

Coming from Oz I cant believe anyone goes camping or even into their yard in bear country lol.

Yeah not without bear repellant at least.

What gets me, is a few years back a mountain lion was coming into one of the school grounds in California, this school had been newly built in that area and they shot and killed it. But for one it was in it's own backyard they could have built elsewhere and for two if it were a problem then why not tranqualize it and relocate it and for three put up a fence but nop none of those options were good enough. It had not harmed anyone before hand either that's the worst of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

openozy
10 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

What gets me, is a few years back a mountain lion was coming into one of the school grounds in California, this school had been newly built in that area and they shot and killed it. But for one it was in it's own backyard they could have built elsewhere and for two if it were a problem then why not tranqualize it and relocate it and for three put up a fence but nop none of those options were good enough. It had not harmed anyone before hand either that's the worst of it.

That's sad,they should have fences around the schools, they have them here to keep weirdo's out,but they are way more dangerous than an animal.

• Thanks 1

Myles
On 2/23/2020 at 8:33 AM, Jujo-jo said:

Yeah, shooting should be the last resort.   I have no Bears where I live.  Not many larger predators at all.  Coyotes, are pretty much it.  An occasional bobcat.  The coyotes are the only one I would condone shooting.Just because they kill all the other widlife in an area before moving on.  

• Like 1