Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has everyone asked God to reveal himself?

spartan max2

2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I find this an interesting thought. Of course, it’s also a recurring topic that has been discussed educationally here and it has me reflecting on it a lot through the years. With Sheri’s post here, I have often experienced these rushes, and I feel, it’s not what ever god/goddesses/higher powers it might be, but what I feel it is and what it does for me. It’s me, and I do feel it’s a plausibility. 

I can also feel, there might be experiences and situations that might ‘explain it’, but to be truthful (at least to myself) it’s not the objective answer, only a subject one. It’s not one, I’m going on a public stage to push with. I don’t think, that would be right. 

It often has me wondering, how some who ‘encourage’ others to practice what ever religious ritual to ‘see’ a god, is only explaining later that it’s how one should see it in the non-literal sense, when the point of the direction was for a literal experience. Well, that’s how I see it as playing out. I often wonder, do these particular religious people realize, it’s the literal god they want to see, and they really don’t have the answer for? 

Kind of like reading about one great female actress/singer/comedienne who lost a child (dies as an adult) and sees various ‘experiences and signs’ as their lost child speaking to them, I can it as being hopeful, but it could also be seen as coincidental. I feel it’s a subjective thing. 

I think this thread’s question, (which I find a really good question to ask) is speaking in the literal point of view. 

Fricken amazing post, so good it brought tears to my eyes, Love ya Stubbs, 

Thanks for hearing me and not being threatened but open to and adding such wisdom to my perspective. Wow.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Like @Hammerclaw said somewhere else, you can't offer proofs for philosophy or religious debates.  Think about it.  Both are more about feelings, belief and intangibles than anything physical so if it bothers you don't read these types of threads.

Excellent point Dee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You keep using that word "logic" with the most illogical suppositions.  Get on dictionary.com and read the definition of logic. 

We holy men don't have to look up the word 'logic' because logic is already hard-wired into our DNA..:P

"Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"-Buddha

gods-dna-church-sml_zpsd267b622.jpg~orig

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Festina said:

In a moment of utter desperation I called out to the Universe — entirely impersonal  — “tell me what is going on on this planet!!”.

One catalyst a couple of weeks later and then a synchronistic series of extraordinary events ensued. I followed and The Dance continues....

A Gethsemane moment song dedication For Non Blondes

When I need a good cry or....

I dedicate this to Jesus and all humans that have felt like this.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Crikey said:

We holy men don't have to look up the word 'logic' because logic is already hard-wired into our DNA..:P

"Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"-Buddha

gods-dna-church-sml_zpsd267b622.jpg~orig

I used to think your posts were hilarious but the same ol' same ol' looses it's charm eventually.  Blessings on your journey.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I used to think your posts were hilarious..

Oh God please make me funny again (sniffle)..:cry:

jester.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

A Gethsemane moment song dedication For Non Blondes

When I need a good cry or....

I dedicate this to Jesus and all humans that have felt like this.

I have found the true meaning of the word “God” is Supreme First Cause [Father],  and Nature [Mother] is the effect of its manifestation — The UNIVERSAL Father / Mother.  

If one is to Call Out for guidance it is of vital importance to call upon one’s ‘Mom’ as well.

D3B6B3C6-6767-417E-AC8C-D477CD3F9252.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Festina said:

I have found the true meaning of the word “God” is Supreme First Cause [Father],  and Nature [Mother] is the effect of its manifestation.

If one is to Call Out for guidance it is of vital importance to call upon one’s ‘Mom’ as well.

D3B6B3C6-6767-417E-AC8C-D477CD3F9252.jpeg

Excellent point:wub:

My mom has died, but she actually learned to play this song on guitar for me cuz I love it. 

• Like 6

We all see “God” constancy — we just don’t recognize it.  See that tree? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Excellent point:wub:

My mom has died, but she actually learned to play this song on guitar for me cuz I love it. 

That’s a good mom!  :clap:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Festina said:

That’s a good mom!  :clap:

Thank you love, The chords on this song are not easy either.

I kept the guitar. :nw:

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Festina said:

We all see “God” constancy — we just don’t recognize it.  See that tree? 

Eh, that never works for me.

I see people suffering from rare conditions, diseases, and dementia all the time too. Animals in nature consume each other, fight, and even rape just by nature.

Am I seeing God there or does he only get credit for the trees?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is because culturally we are still living in the roman empire.  Think about who put what we call the bible together and who decreed that everyone would worship this version of judaic god.

Yeah, if you pulled a Roman through time and plopped him down in the States, the first thing he'd notice is that we're using his alphabet and things that  made sense like Exit and E Pluribus Unum.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I see people suffering from rare conditions, diseases, and dementia all the time too. Animals in nature consume each other, fight, and even rape just by nature.

I know how you feel, I’ve often felt that way myself.  “Something went terribly wrong” at some ‘point in time’.  This is all I have to say on the matter at this time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, if you pulled a Roman through time and plopped him down in the States, the first thing he'd notice is that we're using his alphabet and things that  made sense like Exit and E Pluribus Unum.

And attitudes as well.

• Like 1

I'm not one to frequently shove links in people's faces and say watch this, but this one is really, really good in showing the evolution of the conceptualization of the image of Jesus through the first thousand years of Christianity--and it's very well made and extremely interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Should have been E Unum Pluribus — Out of One—Many. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And attitudes as well.

In some respects, yes, in others, not so much. Slavery, for instance, was a socially acceptable institution. Christianity by the Roman definition, wasn't even a religion, it was a cult, based on superstition and the Roman definition of superstition was--something foreign and undesirable.

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

In some respects, yes, in others, not so much. Slavery, for instance, was a socially acceptable institution. Christianity by the Roman definition, wasn't even a religion, it was a cult, based on superstition and the Roman definition of superstition was--something foreign and undesirable.

The romans are the ones who made christianity what it is today.  And yes, I agree they would not understand our attitude towards slavery and a few other things.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Well it's just my personal belief and perspective, but I would say if God is in the trees, the animals and the people, though there is suffering in this world that in the end it is also God that pays the price for all that suffering. If an animal eats another or if a human strikes another, God dwelling in both is both the predator and the prey; the aggressor and the victim simultaneously. I would also why so many of the spiritual texts share the same notion that one should not hurt others, because if everything is God, then it is really only God fighting with and hurting itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

More evidence of “God” and Nature.

Edited by Festina
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

The romans are the ones who made christianity what it is today.  And yes, I agree they would not understand our attitude towards slavery and a few other things.

"Roman" in the firsts century AD/CE, became a nationality, instead of an ethnicity. Christianity slowly and inexorably changed the Mediterranean world, a change that accelerated after 313 CE.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The interesting thing about slavery in Rome, I do seem to remember that the slavery often arose from financial debt and it hasn't been all that long in history since debtors prisons and indentured servitude were in place and I have heard more than a few bankers suggest they would like to see the return of debtor prisons now.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

The interesting thing about slavery in Rome, I do seem to remember that the slavery often arose from financial debt and it hasn't been all that long in history since debtors prisons and indentured servitude were in place and I have heard more than a few bankers suggest they would like to see the return of debtor prisons now.

Do you have a link for ‘Bankers and debaters prisons’? 

Just now, WanderingFool0 said:

Slavery was usually the result of war and defeat. It was "progressive" and an evolution from just "killing the b*******." It was actually possible to achieve one's freedom and rise through the ranks of Roman society and command Legions. Roman slavery wasn't racist--they were equal opportunity brutalizers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked