Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has everyone asked God to reveal himself?

spartan max2

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What kind of reality did I wake up in this morning? Nothing is right....

https://www.etymonline.com/word/Right

https://www.etymonline.com/word/left

Reality?  What is this ‘reality’ you speak of? 

Edited by Festina

Rest In Peace George. A man with real Spirituality.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In honor of MoonDay....rumor has it ‘she’s’ about to be birthed. 96

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Festina said:

In honor of MoonDay....rumor has it ‘she’s’ about to be birthed. 96

That's a great song I remember it well, here's another one.

Peace

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Wrong section for sharing music videos.

Section?  It belongs EveryWhere. Keeps things civil. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Crikey said:

We holy men don't have to look up the word 'logic' because logic is already hard-wired into our DNA..:P

"Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"-Buddha

gods-dna-church-sml_zpsd267b622.jpg~orig

:whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Festina said:

Section?  It belongs EveryWhere. Keeps things civil. 

Soul Squeez

Peace

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I used to think your posts were hilarious but the same ol' same ol' looses it's charm eventually.  Blessings on your journey.

Oh dear sweetheart you seem in a ratty mood, did you burn the toast or something?..:P

As for "journey", nah, we Christians aren't on any "journey", we've ARRIVED, we knocked on Jesus's door and he said "Come on in, the kettles on"..:D

Jesus said "Knock and the door will be opened to you...Whoever comes to me i'll never turn away"  (Matt 7:7, John 6:37)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPHILL by: Christina Rossetti (1830-1894)

"Will the day's journey take the whole long day?

From morn to night, my friend.

Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?

They will not keep you standing at that door.

Will there be beds for me and all who seek?

Yea, beds for all who come"..

SunsetLamplightB.gif

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Festina said:

I have found the true meaning of the word “God” is Supreme First Cause [Father],  and Nature [Mother] is the effect of its manifestation — The UNIVERSAL Father / Mother.  

If one is to Call Out for guidance it is of vital importance to call upon one’s ‘Mom’ as well.

Right, true Christianity makes no distinction between male and female..:D

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

rel-jesus_heals_woman.jpg

On 2/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, spartan max2 said:

I guess both. For the people who felt that God answered a prayer of revealing himself, what happened that made them feel that way, be it direct feedback or mysterious round about ways. I'm just interested in what people say.

I pray quite a lot each day, mainly just to give thanks and to generate a warm feeling of gratitude within my heart.

And sometimes on here I will offer-up a little prayer, asking for guidance, something like, "Dear Lord, therefore, I pray that I may be guided to write something helpful, something virtuous, something that shall inspire, something compassionate and wise, thank You." And as soon as I start to forget the prayer, as so as my thoughts start to turn towards something else, that's when the answer shall pop into my mind. And even if I have to pray 3/4 times, I have always received an answer.

Once, about 2 years ago, I was feeling bad, I had a bad case of heartache, and it was the only thing I could think about. And so after maybe 3/4 days of suffering, the idea came to me to ask for help, and so I said a prayer something like this. "Dear Lord, I thank you for everything, therefore………..Lord, I am glad to have been through this, I am happy to have experienced this, but now, its too much, and so I pray for some comfort." And after about 5 minutes, the pain had simply vanished.

I don't know why this works so well for me, and apparently not for others, perhaps is has something to do with belief and expectancy, or your intentions, or maybe your sense of awareness, openness, and mindfulness?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I pray quite a lot each day, mainly just to give thanks and to generate a warm feeling of gratitude within my heart.

And sometimes on here I will offer-up a little prayer, asking for guidance, something like, "Dear Lord, therefore, I pray that I may be guided to write something helpful, something virtuous, something that shall inspire, something compassionate and wise, thank You." And as soon as I start to forget the prayer, as so as my thoughts start to turn towards something else, that's when the answer shall pop into my mind. And even if I have to pray 3/4 times, I have always received an answer.

Once, about 2 years ago, I was feeling bad, I had a bad case of heartache, and it was the only thing I could think about. And so after maybe 3/4 days of suffering, the idea came to me to ask for help, and so I said a prayer something like this. "Dear Lord, I thank you for everything, therefore………..Lord, I am glad to have been through this, I am happy to have experienced this, but now, its too much, and so I pray for some comfort." And after about 5 minutes, the pain had simply vanished.

I don't know why this works so well for me, and apparently not for others, perhaps is has something to do with belief and expectancy, or your intentions, or maybe your sense of awareness, openness, and mindfulness?

Self fulfilling prophecies are not proof of a universal consiouness.

Crikey Moses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Self fulfilling prophecies are not proof of a universal consiouness.

Crikey Moses.

Welcome back.

I've missed you.

Anyway, I am not looking for proof per se, just a way to be helpful and happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Welcome back.

I've missed you.

Cheers. Hope you have been well.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Anyway, I am not looking for proof per se, just a way to be helpful and happy.

Maybe just be nice to people?

That's enough. Not saying you are not, you seem a very pleasant person. You're just a bit over the top sharing your belief.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Cheers. Hope you have been well.

Maybe just be nice to people?

That's enough. Not saying you are not, you seem a very pleasant person. You're just a bit over the top sharing your belief.

That's your perception and your truth, and I am not going to tell you, you are wrong.

But there are folks on here who see things differently.

And somebody can always put me on ignore. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

That's your perception and your truth, and I am not going to tell you, you are wrong.

But there are folks on here who see things differently.

And somebody can always put me on ignore. :(

You don't need to go on ignore, I was genuine when I said you seem a very nice person. I just don't think your advice is good for anyone but you. It works for you, and more power to you, but that's not how things work. It's your perception. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks for the reply.

This is the question I seek in this thread:

In your earlier days did you ever ask God to "reveal himself" and what happened.

And also to the Christians, have you done this? And what actually happened that you felt like was a supernatural being "showing" itself to you?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Festina said:

Nothing of value comes free.  The musicians are extraordinary ‘skilled’ workers, the composer of the piece has ‘talent’ and is a recipient the “God“ force for whatever reason I do not know.  Talent and skill are two entirely different things.  But they need each other to create the outmanifestion of the the final work as Ralph could not have produced the ‘effect’ on his own.   

“GOD”  IS NOT A PERSON AND THERFORE CAN HAVE NO RELIGION. I don’t like using the word ‘god’. 

“God” = Cause, inspiration through nature to humans. 

Music = Effect, The out manifestation — This work.

BTW,  Ralph Von Williams was an avowed atheist / agnostic. Indeedy. :D

https://ffrf.org/news/day/dayitems/item/14882-ralph-vaughan-williams

And this from the Bible.....’For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike’.  I am in no way suggesting Von Williams was unjust or evil, what I am saying is that there are people who know how to control “nature” for good or evil purposes.  Abra-CAD-Abra. 

I do realize, you are posting this as your perspective and your point of view, and I respect that. Though, I am not sure how you link God influencing the music. I can see how you think it could, and have the reason that you feel that way. I too, have my inner ideals, and that it could be, but in a different perspective. Though, my perspective will always be subjective in. Coming across in the message. 

It is especially interesting how it’s considered the music is linked to God, mostly so in that the composer has been noted to be Atheist/Agnostic. I mean, I can’t see the connection in an objective outlook. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wrong section for sharing music videos.

Especially when the videos have nothing to do with the topic.

The OP's topic for discussion is:

Has everyone asked God to reveal himself?

Please stay on topic folks, otherwise it derails the thread for others. - Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

Well personally I could see it and music in general, along with our other unique traits, at the very least as being the Divine, manifesting in humans; the divine animals. Maybe not proof of God, but proof of some unique and special quality that separates us from the other animals, that one could give the label Divinity.

I can dig it. :)  :D I think, that’s in the education in how you explain it. I have my own ways of seeing things, even if there is a logical explanation about them, (and believe that too.) 

This is where, I think we all can learn without being overwhelmed in what we should be pushed into believing when it’s actually ending in a subjective view. Aside the fact, of the actual logical and factual education of everything, each perspective could put a new spin in how something is. Despite my thoughts of seeing and hearing the music for it’s well practiced result, I see it one way, and then is opened up to a different perspective from your subjective thought. 

I think, your’s And mine, could be closely related. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked