Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has everyone asked God to reveal himself?

spartan max2

3 minutes ago, Crikey said:

WHOA Jack, Jesus was NOT God but you seem to have bought the absurd backstory that he was..:lol:

"I am my Father are one"

- Jesus, being absurd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

"I am my Father are one"

- Jesus, being absurd

Jesus only meant he and God were singing from the same song sheet, look-

Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say" (John 12:49)

There's also a truckload of other verses that indicate he WASN'T God, but amazingly many mushbrained "christians" think he WAS..:D

Check 'em-

Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )

Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

Jesus said to God the day before his execution- "Father, the hour has come....I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)

God himself said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)

3 hours ago, Crikey said:
5 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

A part of me may feel Jesus exist in the past but without all the magic and miracles, and admire him for his behavior. But if there’s a part of me that doesn’t believe he exists, you can’t have like you’re not liking you just feel he didn’t exist.

Jesus was seen by thousands of people strutting his stuff, that's a lot of eyewitnesses..

Can you prove those eyewitnesses objectively? How do you know those eyewitnesses exists? How should I believe you?

And remember, when the first gospels were written after his execution, NOBODY, not a single person ever came forward from the priests or Romans or the people to say "Baloney, it never happened".

That's because he was TOO BIG to be a myth, heck he was almost as big as Elvis, right Elv?-

What part of me telling you I had no religious upbringing do you have a hard digesting?! There was nothing to remember!

So, what you say as fact with no object sources makes it hard for me to believe you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say" (John 12:49)

There's also a truckload of other verses that indicate he WASN'T God, but amazingly many mushbrained "christians" think he WAS..:D

Check 'em-

Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )

Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

Jesus said to God the day before his execution- "Father, the hour has come....I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

Check 'em-

https://biblereasons.com/jesus-is-god/

The there are the 25 scriptures that support Jesus was god.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Thanks Sherapy, I think Crikey has some more reading to do:rolleyes:

Atheist  2.jpg

Someone said he needs to work on logic, they gave him a good direction to head towards. I look forward to the day he uses his own voice, comes to his own conclusions. I am thinking this will be interesting. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Crikey said:

How does that change the quote?  You're making the mistake of thinking this collection of books and stories needs to be consistent with each other, I don't share that requirement.

Edited by Liquid Gardens
me no type right
  • Like 4

Just now, Scudbuster said:

Yea, some reading, critical thinking, and logic - that should work......maybe. ;)

Isn't he the one who said he is 70?  Is it too late at that age?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Yea, some reading, critical thinking, and logic - that should work......maybe. ;)

Yep, geez, I can think back to when I had to do the same. I came to UM clueless. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Isn't he the one who said he is 70?  Is it too late at that age?

Ha ha ha ha, it is never to late. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Yep, geez, I can think back to when I had to do the same. I came to UM clueless. 

I practiced years ago on a forum that no longer exists called wingmakers.  We all need input or we will think the world really is like it is in our head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Ha ha ha ha, it is never to late. 

Well, some of us had a running start.  After I posted that I realized I am still learning in my 60's, though I am tired more easily and sometimes resistant.  :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I practiced years ago on a forum that no longer exists called wingmakers.  We all need input or we will think the world really is like it is in our head.

Exactly, I was amazed at how I thought I was the person my ego constructed. Wow, I learned to see how biased we are. 

Feedback is the best tool going. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, some of us had a running start.  After I posted that I realized I am still learning in my 60's, though I am tired more easily and sometimes resistant.  :P

I can see why you asked, it is a fair question. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Thanks Sherapy, I think Crikey has some more reading to do:rolleyes:

Atheist  2.jpg

So just because some ignorant, power hungry men, turned this beautiful message of Christs, into a illogical mess, you are going to turn away from God?

Where's the sense in that?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, On3Truly said:

589481310_atheism-19415(1)(1).thumb.png.9ab6edf1c60575a8ec7c4f465447b956.png

To me, the fact that all these atoms and elements actually came together in a way that is now self-aware and can actually contemplate and investigate these same atoms and elements - is a miracle.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, On3Truly said:

589481310_atheism-19415(1)(1).thumb.png.9ab6edf1c60575a8ec7c4f465447b956.png

Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with any of that.

Atheism is the lack of belief in a god.

Nothing to do with cosmology or abiogenesis. 

"God did it." Is a lazy answer to the deep questions of why and how things are the way they are.

We definitely don't know the why, but we have plenty of observational evidence to describe the how. And none of it points to a god.

I don't understand why people insist that we know why anything exists.

There doesn't have to be a purpose for the universe or anything in it. 

It simply is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Can you prove those eyewitnesses objectively? How do you know those eyewitnesses exists? How should I believe you?

What part of me telling you I had no religious upbringing do you have a hard digesting?! There was nothing to remember!

1- The whole of Israel saw and heard Jesus or do you think they were hallucinating?..:P

2- Even if you had no Religious classes at school you must have heard of Jesus and could still pick up a small gospel like this for a few pennies at any bookshop to find out about him-

rel-gosp-john.jpg

Edited by Crikey

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

https://biblereasons.com/jesus-is-god/

there are the 25 scriptures that support Jesus was god.

Firstly, it doesn't really matter if some people want to believe Jesus was God. Secondly for every verse they provide to support that idea, I can provide verses that shoot it down. I mean, if he really was God, why did he say "I don't know, only God knows" when people asked him when the world would end..:P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Someone said he needs to work on logic, they gave him a good direction to head towards. I look forward to the day he uses his own voice, comes to his own conclusions. I am thinking this will be interesting. 

You taking bout me sweetheart?

Try this on for size- Jesus spoke of men and women marrying and becoming "one flesh, no longer two but one".

That doesn't mean you are now your man Sean does it? You're still both two separate people.

Same with God and Jesus, or Batman and Robin, or The Lone Ranger and Tonto or Ozzy and Sharon, they're separate individuals but still one team..:P

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Could be, but I hope it isn't too late...!  I'm 71, and currently studying some advanced photographic lighting techniques.. :tsu:

Good for you mate, I'm 71 too, we belong to the "rock legend" generation..:D

And I do lighting techniques too (in a sense) as I'm a moderator over at the 'Mission 4 Today' forum (screenname 'PoorOldSpike) where my computer-enhanced photo galleries have had 8 million views so far. I also write strategy and tactics articles in various forums and mercilessly win online wargaming leagues against people half my age because my motto is-

Edited by Crikey

2 hours ago, Crikey said:

You taking bout me sweetheart?

Try this on for size- Jesus spoke of men and women marrying and becoming "one flesh, no longer two but one".

That doesn't mean you are now your man Sean does it? You're still both two separate people.

Same with God and Jesus, or Batman and Robin, or The Lone Ranger and Tonto or Ozzy and Sharon, they're separate individuals but still one team..:P

2 hours ago, Crikey said:

Firstly, it doesn't really matter if some people want to believe Jesus was God. Secondly for every verse they provide to support that idea, I can provide verses that shoot it down. I mean, if he really was God, why did he say "I don't know, only God knows" when people asked him when the world would end..:P

I will leave the speculating of a mythical character to you. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Crikey said:
15 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

1- The whole of Israel saw and heard Jesus or do you think they were hallucinating?..:P

From whose perspective that it’s known that the whole of Israel saw and heard Jesus? (And they were possibly were hallucinating. You realize what the environment can do to people?!) From what source, did the knowledge of the whole of Israel saw this? 

So, here’s the clicker here. I didn’t know. I know of plenty through out my life, who didn’t know. Wouldn’t it be known, if it’s so knowledgeable? 

Plus, with media a big thing today, do we know what the whole of Israel saw today? 

2- Even if you had no Religious classes at school you must have heard of Jesus and could still pick up a small gospel like this for a few pennies at any bookshop to find out about him-

rel-gosp-john.jpg

Yeah, I think you have a hard time digesting I never had any religious upbringing. :no:  

Could still pick up?!?! Why would I? Are you using that form of thought as proof? Could have?! And, I said, while I was raised. Meaning, though out my childhood. I was a kid, so there were a good reason, I couldn’t have. My parents didn’t, so that is probably what you need to realize here. I don’t think, you’re assuming a child, ‘could have bought a book about Jesus’ as something that could happen. 

Granted, as an adult, I had more freedom, and I have my own New Age beliefs, but because of my upbringing, I was already ingrained to not see or think of the usual orthodox being a part of everyday life or belief. 

So, you’re wasting your time telling me to remember something, there was a logical reason for me to not remember. It was never there. 

Even though, Jesus and what ever (in very small tidbits) was brought up (by others), it was not ever in scripture or lectures, and never a discussion point in my home. My parents never brought it up. And there were many families, who had their traditions and such, not just Christianity. So, it was left up to them, and not discussed in my home. 

I also heard of Santa Claus, Easter bunny, Jewish traditions, Native American traditions more so, and other things. But, logically, my family was busy in being more so living day to day in things like, going to school, going to work, vacations, skiing................... Oh yeah, there was a strong influence in my home. 

That was necessary. 

Skiing! 

Snow, that was to be worshipped. And the snow, was the miracle. 

Ok, New England had it’s share.....................*shrugs*

So, deal with my lack of religious upbringing. I did great in it. :yes:  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crikey said:

mean, if he really was God, why did he say "I don't know, only God knows" when people asked him when the world would end..:P

Because the bible is not consistent.  Why does he say only God knows but also then indicates that he also knows (even though he was wrong): "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Because the bible is not consistent.  Why does he say only God knows but also then indicates that he also knows (even though he was wrong): "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

A thousand may quote the same verse from the Bible, giving it a thousand different interpretations. The one will say to the other: This is how it should be read! All is vanity.

1 Corinthians 15:51-58 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed- 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our LORD Jesus Christ. 58Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the LORD, because you know that your labor in the LORD is not in vain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked