Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has everyone asked God to reveal himself?

spartan max2

11 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Yup mate, he was almost as big as Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman- 

"They brought to him all that were sick and he healed them" (Matt 4:24)

You witnessed that?

You would be older than 71 if you did. After all, it's personal evidence, not real evidence isn't it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

What does it matter to you, if I like someone who I don’t believe existed like you think he did? 
There’s is also a good chance he doesn’t exist..

Nah, mate, Jesus was TOO BIG to be a myth, heck he was almost as big as Elvis, and the similarities are striking..:D

"And the people all tried to touch Jesus, because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:19)

elvis-stage_zpsdbf8f1c6.jpg~original

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well in my opinion, Jesus was a rebel, He was a heretic who threatened the cushy lives of the religious establishment.

My perception is that Christs message is a very powerful and liberating one.

And this is why "they" twisted it into a dead, emasculated, dogmatic, "just believe" type of theology, and yes, for control, influence and power.

No he wasn't. 

He was a tart. He invited everyone, when women and slaves had little rights, he preyed on that. How is that different to how ISIS prey on the troubled to radicalise them? 

That's why Christianity got a following. He encouraged the lower society to gather in numbers. No rejection. That means a lot to people who live hard. 

And I find it very very likely that the Jesus of the Bible is one story of many men. It makes much more sense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Nah, mate, Jesus was TOO BIG to be a myth, heck he was almost as big as Elvis, and the similarities are striking..:D

"And the people all tried to touch Jesus, because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:19)

elvis-stage_zpsdbf8f1c6.jpg~original

And yet no actual records for Jesus of Nazareth yet many other Jesus made the records 

It's most likely there was no one Jesus, but many exaggerated into a single myth. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Yeah and I'm surprised Gandhi didn't try to abolish the wretched Hindu caste system..

Gandhi was a medically ignorant pervert.  He slept with children to test his celibacy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Why do you seek to impose your perspective on others? 

Sorry darling, I dunno what them fancy words mean..All I know is that at school in the early sixties some kids were going round saying "Wow, we saw a new group called the Beatles on TV last night, they're FAB!"..The rest of us had never heard of them, but after checking them out we realised they really were fab, and we were glad that those other kids had "imposed their perspective" on us by telling us about them..

So in a sense the Bible is like a fascinating Magical Mystery Tour containing aliens, UFO's, Bigfoot, and other phenomena that not even Penn and Teller could explain..:D

Edited by Crikey

3 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Sorry darling, I dunno what them fancy words mean..All I know is that at school in the early sixties some kids were going round saying "Wow, we saw a new group called the Beatles on TV last night, they're FAB!"..The rest of us had never heard of them, but after checking them out we realised they really were fab, and we were glad that those other kids had "imposed their perspective" on us by telling us about them..

So in a sense the Bible is like a fascinating Magical Mystery Tour containing aliens, UFO's, Bigfoot, and other phenomena that not even Penn and Teller could explain..:D

Except of course that the Beatles were very entertaining. That's a big difference right there. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And if like me, you know the law of karma, then that not only explains everything, but gives us a peaceful way-out of this whole bloody mess.

Yeah bad vibes can trigger karma, no wonder dear old mother earth keeps kicking unholy human butts..:D

"The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake...
the earth is violently shaken...
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 25)

37 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Crikey said- he was almost as big as Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman- 

"They brought to him all that were sick and he healed them" (Matt 4:24)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You witnessed that?

No mate but I saw it on TV..:D

Edited by Crikey

7 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Yeah bad vibes can trigger karma, no wonder dear old mother earth keeps kicking unholy human butts..:D

"The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake...
the earth is violently shaken...
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 25)

Nature is out to kill you. That's what it mostly does. The Earth would erase all signs of man before the moon would. 

Karma is not real. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

You are far more gracious than me I think it is self righteous and judgmental.  

Since we're dealing with people there isn't an exact 'model' to follow. The more fanatical they lean, the greater their self-righteousness, judgementalism, and arrogance become. Then again, fanaticism can be seen as spiritual immaturity. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

This Universal Consciousness is there to help, guide, and comfort anyone who cares to align themselves with this Universal Principle of Love.

If on the other hand, one choices to go against this Law, then they punish themselves.

This is my perception, my experience, and my truth.

You and everybody reading this are free to have another point of view, and I sincerely hope that it works as well for you, as it does for me.

Buddha Bless You. The Universe is indifferent to the petty cares of transient wisps of protoplasm. That part of us unbound by the constraints of linear time is indifferent to the Universe. It is a bird of passage only and here only briefly abides.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's most likely there was no one Jesus, but many exaggerated into a single myth. 

No doubt there were Jesus impersonators just like there are Elvis impersonators, but only Jesus and Elv are the REAL DEAL, right Elv?

Edited by Crikey

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

You learnt this is collage, well it must be true lol, its not like our governments are trying to dumb us down, keeping our minds small, and our bodies enslaved.

You wasted your time saying, basically, nothing. Trifle with somebody else.

2 minutes ago, Crikey said:

No doubt there were Jesus impersonators just like there are Elvis impersonators, but only Jesus and Elv are the REAL DEAL, right Elv?

Uh uh.

How do you impersonate someone who didn't exist? 

If Jesus had such a great impact, why would a there no actual record of him? Records of other Jesuses who were healers, magicians and crucified exist, how does that work? It's quite possible that Nazareth existed at the time, although as far as I know there are no non biblical records of that either. 

There's plenty of proof of Elvis, and proof of many Jesuses. But not one from Nazareth though. That doesn't strike you as food for thought at the very least? 

Seems a lot more likely that it's a story of many men exaggerated rather than the son of yet another deity. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

..If people would learn more, and realise how illogical religious concepts are..

Think SCIENCE mate..:D

Scientists estimate there are literally thousands of alien civilisations in our galaxy alone, so it's quite possible that Jesus was an alien visitor with awesome powers just like he said-

"I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world,  I am not of this world...though you do not believe me, believe the miracles"(John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38)

drake-eqatn2.jpg

Edited by Crikey

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

From what I saw, TV says the stories are exaggerated too.

Tell that to Lazarus..:P

"Come on out of there mate, your mam sez your dinner's ready"

rel-jesus-lazarus-raised.jpg

Think SCIENCE mate..:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3yeyQ1BBNerDQASWh16L

Scientists estimate there are literally thousands of alien civilisations in our galaxy alone, so it's quite possible that Jesus was an alien visitor with awesome powers just like he said-

"I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world,  I am not of this world...though you do not believe me, believe the miracles"(John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38)

drake-eqatn2.jpg

And his dad made is the universe and everything? And an intelligent alien created a race with sin to kill his own son to save the sinners? 

Just nah. That's even sillier than the traditional version!! And that's saying something!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nature is out to kill you. That's what it mostly does. The Earth would erase all signs of man before the moon would. 

Karma is not real. 

I hear California is a naughty place, so it's about time San Andreas let a big one rip..;)

Edited by Crikey

58 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

A of it. The lies about afterlife undermining real knowledge. The flowery prose to open oneself to others without thought. I've said many times that the majority of people will take advantage of those with a kind heart. Why do you refuse to recognise that basic truth? 

I am not taking advantage of anyone, in-fact the opposite is true.

And I know for certain it doesn't, and that your claims are flimsy and unjust. 

How does you know for certain? that's quite a claim. Me, I live it every day, I know it is true.

So where does that leave the subject? 

I can show you many examples (I imagine billions exist) of people being taken advantage of for trying to be kind and help others. All the karma in the world isn't enough for people like Brett Cowan. That's BS.

And I can give you hundreds of examples, from my own life, where a kind act was apricated, and not taken advantage of. 

According to science and the current level of knowledge. Not in my opinion. Afterlife is a myth some hold as strong opinion. It just doesn't stack up. Can't happen. 

Science doesn't have the first clue about what happens after we pass. How can it? It doesn't even accept the idea!!!

I'll just leave that as it is. Seems fitting.

Exactly, if it works for you, then do what you want, but don't preach lies that karma and the afterlife is true. They are not. That is your opinion and no more. 

I don't know why people spend so much time immersing themselves in myths rather than actually learning. Can you enlighten me on that one?

Probably because folks want to know the Truth for themselves, whatever that might be.

Thanks for what?

For saying it works for me. If it works well for one person, it will probably work well for other folks too.

Anyone can create a facade in life. That's not unique or special. Just your interpretation is your personal outlook that you have settled on and decided upon. As much as you claim to be open minded, that's only reserved for fringe beliefs. You have not shown that you are open minded considering the very real information that refutes your claims.

Yes, we can all create a façade in life. Only, some beliefs are based on personal experience and can lead to an inner peace. Like mine for example. 

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's quite possible that Nazareth existed at the time, although as far as I know there are no non biblical records of that either..

Here ya go mate..:P

rel-nazareth-digB.jpg

Edited by Crikey

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Has someone sent you my pic?

With regards to the video I posted that you claimed to watch. You didn't discuss it, you didn't consider the impact of it on the myths you hang your hat on. You just dismissed one of the smartest people on the planet with the best equipment available to him. 

I did watch it. 

And I told you the lie that everything else hangs-on, that the brain creates consciousness.

And by the way, that man Carrol, he actually believes he is part of the Ruling Class. His words - yeah really!!!

9 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Tell that to Lazarus..:P

"Come on out of there mate, your mam sez your dinner's ready"

rel-jesus-lazarus-raised.jpg

Pffft 

Lazarus got nothing on me, because I'll rise to every occasion. 

8 minutes ago, Crikey said:

I hear California is a naughty place, so it's about time San Andreas let a big one one rip..;)

What exactly are you referring to?

You wish others dead?

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked