Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has everyone asked God to reveal himself?

spartan max2

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What kind of reality did I wake up in this morning? Nothing is right....

I was hoping she would answer your question. I thought, it was a good question. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crikey said:

Oh dear sweetheart you seem in a ratty mood, did you burn the toast or something?..:P

As for "journey", nah, we Christians aren't on any "journey", we've ARRIVED, we knocked on Jesus's door and he said "Come on in, the kettles on"..:D

Jesus said "Knock and the door will be opened to you...Whoever comes to me i'll never turn away"  (Matt 7:7, John 6:37)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPHILL by: Christina Rossetti (1830-1894)

"Will the day's journey take the whole long day?

From morn to night, my friend.

Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?

They will not keep you standing at that door.

Will there be beds for me and all who seek?

Yea, beds for all who come"..

SunsetLamplightB.gif

Interesting on the points of your posts, and this painting. If it’s the painter I’m thinking it is. If it is, despite the known beliefs of the late painter, it seems ironic to me how this painter’s journey ended. Not what I would think, was a journey of said beliefs. *shrugs*. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crikey said:

Right, true Christianity makes no distinction between male and female..:D

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

rel-jesus_heals_woman.jpg

Granted, that is wonderful in the message, and if it’s there to be felt. But, wouldn’t it also make sure it’s definitely felt by all? I ask this, as someone who grew up not going to any religious weekly meetings and not reading any religious book. Meaning, no religion taught at all. So, no basis to acknowledge if it’s what you say it is actually being there. So, if they are there in my life, growing up, you would think there would be more work into letting me know about it. 

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:
5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I pray quite a lot each day, mainly just to give thanks and to generate a warm feeling of gratitude within my heart.

And sometimes on here I will offer-up a little prayer, asking for guidance, something like, "Dear Lord, therefore, I pray that I may be guided to write something helpful, something virtuous, something that shall inspire, something compassionate and wise, thank You." And as soon as I start to forget the prayer, as so as my thoughts start to turn towards something else, that's when the answer shall pop into my mind. And even if I have to pray 3/4 times, I have always received an answer.

Once, about 2 years ago, I was feeling bad, I had a bad case of heartache, and it was the only thing I could think about. And so after maybe 3/4 days of suffering, the idea came to me to ask for help, and so I said a prayer something like this. "Dear Lord, I thank you for everything, therefore………..Lord, I am glad to have been through this, I am happy to have experienced this, but now, its too much, and so I pray for some comfort." And after about 5 minutes, the pain had simply vanished.

I don't know why this works so well for me, and apparently not for others, perhaps is has something to do with belief and expectancy, or your intentions, or maybe your sense of awareness, openness, and mindfulness?

Self fulfilling prophecies are not proof of a universal consiouness.

Crikey Moses.

I agree, for all my intense giddiness of my own belief. I guess practicing the art of ruling out the coincidences, should be a first thing one should do to come to a definite conclusion. Subjectiveness is personal, not objective. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Welcome back.

I've missed you.

Anyway, I am not looking for proof per se, just a way to be helpful and happy.

You see, this I can dig!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Granted, that is wonderful in the message, and if it’s there to be felt. But, wouldn’t it also make sure it’s definitely felt by all? I ask this, as someone who grew up not going to any religious weekly meetings and not reading any religious book. Meaning, no religion taught at all. So, no basis to acknowledge if it’s what you say it is actually being there. So, if they are there in my life, growing up, you would think there would be more work into letting me know about it. 

I've never been to church myself because I can't stand them..:D

But remember we don't need churches to do our thinking for us anyway because Jesus said "You have ONE teacher, ME", and he can easily be found in any slimline gospel from bookshops costing a few pennies..

You either like Jesus or you don't, it's as simple as that..:D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I was hoping she would answer your question. I thought, it was a good question. 

I don't expect much from people anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

Non-belief has nonething to do with "not liking Jesus". 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

It is especially interesting how it’s considered the music is linked to God, mostly so in that the composer has been noted to be Atheist/Agnostic. I mean, I can’t see the connection in an objective outlook. 

God revealed himself in Ralph Von Williams, the sublime music he created was the out-manifestation of this revelation.

What is “God” for many people?  

An incalculably malevolent bloodthirsty avaricious [Deuteronomy 15] jealous wrathful war mongering misogynist misanthropic bigoted sensitive to insult and criticism entity who makes Its first appearance as The LORD God after Genesis 2:4 and a half. 

And What is an Atheist?

Some one who doesn’t ‘believe’ in IT and therefore gains Freedom from ‘its’ negative influences and thereby allows the influence of the true Deity [Love] to enter.  

Listen....

This being said non-belief does not necessarily mean non-existence.   The question is what exactly is this parasitic so called  LORD God of Hosts entity and from whence did it come? 

Edited by Festina

11 minutes ago, Festina said:

It is especially interesting how it’s considered the music is linked to God, mostly so in that the composer has been noted to be Atheist/Agnostic. I mean, I can’t see the connection in an objective outlook. 

What is “God” for many people?  

An incalculably malevolent bloodthirsty avaricious [Deuteronomy 15] jealous wrathful war mongering misogynist misanthropic bigoted sensitive to insult and criticism entity who makes Its first appearance as The LORD God after Genesis 2:4 and a half. 

And What is an Atheist?

Some one who doesn’t ‘believe’ in IT and therefore gains Freedom from ‘its’ negative influences and thereby allows the influence of the true Deity [Love] to enter.  

This being said non-belief does not necessarily mean non-existence.   The question is what exactly is this parasitic so called  LORD God of Hosts entity and from whence did it come? 

Granted, nonbelief does not necessarily mean nonexistence of God, they also does not necessarily mean the nonexistence of anything else for that matter.

And if you take somebody like me, who hasn’t seen proof of that existence, I feel my non-belief of God as you put it, doesn’t exist within my point of view. How would you go about making sure objectively show me your God exists for me?

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I don't expect much from people anymore. 

I know, my son. I know. ((Hugs))

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Granted, nonbelief does not necessarily mean nonexistence of God, they also does not necessarily mean the nonexistence of anything else for that matter.

And if you take somebody like me, who hasn’t seen proof of that existence, I feel my non-belief of God as you put it, doesn’t exist within my point of view. How would you go about making sure objectively show me your God exists for me?

I’m not trying to convince you of anything.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

I've never been to church myself because I can't stand them..:D

But remember we don't need churches to do our thinking for us anyway because Jesus said "You have ONE teacher, ME", and he can easily be found in any slimline gospel from bookshops costing a few pennies..

Are you asking me to remember something that was not told me? did you not thoroughly read what I just posted, you know the post you quoted? When I said I never went to any religious meetings or read any religious book, that means I have no basis of that. So, how can I remember something that was not said to me?

You know, I was headed that way of looking at things. You either like or hate it. I’m sorry, my feelings as it’s not as simple as that and I’m not just meaning  about liking or not liking Jesus. We all have our different ways of liking, not liking, kind of liking, kind of hating, middle ground that’s the real simple things of it.

A part of me may feel Jesus exist in the past but without all the magic and miracles, and admire him for his behavior. But if there’s a part of me that doesn’t believe he exists, you can’t have like you’re not liking you just feel he didn’t exist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Festina said:

I’m not trying to convince you of anything.  

OK, my apologies.

but, there’s also in the manner that the message comes across. I could be wrong, it seems like you’re showing objective facts, I guess I could or should be seeing your opinion of it.

• Like 2

I agree, for all my intense giddiness of my own belief. I guess practicing the art of ruling out the coincidences, should be a first thing one should do to come to a definite conclusion. Subjectiveness is personal, not objective. 

I'm not sure how one might go about ruling-out, or even ruling-in, what is a coincidence, and what has an element of the Truth? All I know is that when I pray, I am answered.

And objective truths are fine, but I am interested in the Human experience, and how we all might enjoy ourselves more. Living happy, prosperous, healthy and creative lives, free from all this unnecessary pain and suffering, then eradicating war and poverty and disease to a large extent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Thanks for the reply.

This is the question I seek in this thread:

In your earlier days did you ever ask God to "reveal himself" and what happened.

Actually, this one time that I was camping in some woods, it was dark, and my mind was over thinking in a negative kind of way, I don't remember exactly what was turning over and over in my mind, but after some time, a female voice came in to my head, and told me to "keep quiet". lol. Then and now, I thought that was God!

But I think God reveals ITSELF to me all the time, only not by words, but by synchronicities, signs, and beauty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Festina said:

What is “God” for many people?  An incalculably malevolent bloodthirsty avaricious [Deuteronomy 15] jealous wrathful war mongering misogynist misanthropic bigoted sensitive to insult and criticism entity who makes Its first appearance as The LORD God after Genesis 2:4 and a half. 

And What is an Atheist? Some one who doesn’t ‘believe’ in IT and therefore gains Freedom from ‘its’ negative influences and thereby allows the influence of the true Deity [Love] to enter.  

Heathen tribes were running wild in Old T times, so if they were approaching your village to kill you and your kids I bet you and atheists would be the first to pray to God to zap them..:D

As for your allegation that God don't like women, I dunno where you heard that, but God told Jesus to go around rescuing naughty girls from fundy mobs, is that okay with you and atheists?..

Edited by Crikey

1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

A part of me may feel Jesus exist in the past but without all the magic and miracles, and admire him for his behavior. But if there’s a part of me that doesn’t believe he exists, you can’t have like you’re not liking you just feel he didn’t exist.

Jesus was seen by thousands of people strutting his stuff, that's a lot of eyewitnesses..And remember, when the first gospels were written after his execution, NOBODY, not a single person ever came forward from the priests or Romans or the people to say "Baloney, it never happened".

That's because he was TOO BIG to be a myth, heck he was almost as big as Elvis, right Elv?-

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You don't need to go on ignore, I was genuine when I said you seem a very nice person. I just don't think your advice is good for anyone but you. It works for you, and more power to you, but that's not how things work. It's your perception. 

Well I agree its not for everyone...

But if it works for me, then it may work for other folk too?

I mean, its possible.

Perception, reaction, feelings...

A good, positive perception will lead to a good, positive reaction, which in turn will lead to a good, positive feeling. 

So in actual fact, it could well be of value to other folks too..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

Heathen tribes were running wild in Old T times, so if they were approaching your village to kill you and your kids I bet you and atheists would be the first to pray to God to zap them..:D

As for your allegation that God don't like women, I dunno where you heard that, but God told Jesus to go around rescuing naughty girls from fundy mobs, is that okay with you and atheists?..

Homie, it sounds like you have some solid hatred in your heart for atheist.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Who else was the same way on here?!?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Who else was the same way on here?!?

I'm honestly not sure lol. Was it me? Am I being accused lol ?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm honestly not sure lol. Was it me? Am I being accused lol ?

Nope not you

Some of the others might remember the fellow I'm alluding to.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Not at all honeybun, for example I often post this pic in forums to buck them up..:D

THE ATHEIST CONSERVATIONIST

rel-charlie.jpg

26 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Well, it may have happened, but I don't buy the absurd "backstory" whatsoever:

Crazed and convoluted.jpg

WHOA Jack, Jesus was NOT God but you seem to have bought the absurd backstory that he was..:lol:

Edited by Crikey

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked