Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judaea

docyabut2

On 2/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, docyabut2 said:

Jesus said  Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

sounds to me, war

Sounds to me like the entirety of human history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:06 AM, Piney said:

Matthew has been edited, probably 3 times, with something added everytime..

Prove it..:D

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

Prove it..:D

It was long proven by writing analysis and a algorithm.

Spend the loot for a academic paper website or a actual accredited seminary and see for yourself.  Oxford and Cambridge both have the research on file.

I'm not catering to your academic laziness...... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man[e] comes.

Some think its  atomic missiles ,

So why doesn't it say "dreadful/fiery explosions"?

The whole quote reads:

“So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it!
For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.

and another translation (New International version) read like this:

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

So, in my opinion a much likelier interpretation is that the Return of Jesus would be a clearly visible and unmistakable event, announced to everyone, easy to recognize and people shouldn't pay attention to rumors or hearsay about supposed Messiahs. 
With all due respect, in my eyes Futurism isn't a very fruitful way of reading the Bible. It just leads to interpreting atomic weapons and contemporary events into everything, which in turn produces stress and worry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

So why doesn't it say "dreadful/fiery explosions"?

The whole quote reads:

and another translation (New International version) read like this:

So, in my opinion a much likelier interpretation is that the Return of Jesus would be a clearly visible and unmistakable event, announced to everyone, easy to recognize and people shouldn't pay attention to rumors or hearsay about supposed Messiahs. 
With all due respect, in my eyes Futurism isn't a very fruitful way of reading the Bible. It just leads to interpreting atomic weapons and contemporary events into everything, which in turn produces stress and worry.

Most Christians believe in Jesus`s prophecy in the future,  of a time the world and all mankind  will be destroyed by fire, the last days , so what is it? I`m  like most of them that believe in this future , those radical  Iranians  gets those atomic bombs to destroy Judaea will be the end and most good  Iranians protesters, against their government   want to stop it to  we support them to.

Edited by docyabut2

On 2/25/2020 at 6:57 PM, docyabut2 said:

Jesus was only a vision of Paul`s .

“Yahweh

First, God is communicating his unknowability. God is basically saying to Moses, “You’re asking who I am… But, I simply am. There is no way for me to explain any further.” However, we get no impression from the text that Moses’ question was wrong or that God was upset with him. He is simply giving him his name, which Moses uses throughout the rest of the book.

Jesus used the same name and the Rabbinical mafia wanted to stone Him for Blasphemy.  He mentioned Abraham to them and they mocked Him, saying he had been dead for hundreds of years.  Jesus replied "Before Abraham was... I am"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Piney said:

Crikey said- PROVE Matthew was edited

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was long proven by writing analysis and a algorithm.

Spend the loot for a academic paper website or a actual accredited seminary and see for yourself.  Oxford and Cambridge both have the research on file.. 

Mate you disappoint me,  you seem overawed by so-called "experts" and hang on their every word, haven't you got a mind of your own?

Remember, a fool with a diploma is still just a fool..:P

Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned, and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)

"When people saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13)

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crikey said:

Mate you disappoint me,  you seem overawed by so-called "experts" and hang on their every word, haven't you got a mind of your own?

It's rather obvious. I can recognize writing styles and can see it myself. Some experts say edited twice. I agree with my grandfather who was a Oxford translator and say three times. 

All you have to do is look at it. 

2 hours ago, Crikey said:

Remember, a fool with a diploma is still just a fool..:P

And a fool who never studied anything outside the box is a bigger one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's rather obvious. I can recognize writing styles and can see it myself..I agree with my grandfather who was a Oxford translator.. And a fool who never studied anything outside the box is a bigger one.

Seeing as you're overawed by "experts", let me modestly mention I got College of Preceptors exam passes in English Language, English Literature, General Science and Advanced Science, which makes me as much a smartypants as any "academic"..:D

As for thinking outside the box, I do that all the time because I regard the Bible as a fascinating account of a "Superscience" that we know nothing about , so it naturally appeals to my open-minded scientific curiosity..:D  

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Most Christians believe in Jesus`s prophecy in the future,  of a time the world and all mankind  will be destroyed by fire, the last days , so what is it? I`m  like most of them that believe in this future , those radical  Iranians  gets those atomic bombs to destroy Judaea will be the end and most good  Iranians protesters, against their government   want to stop it to  we support them to.

Why support anyone if the end is already inevitably written in stone?  It's like the guy who had a vision he would die that day in a traffic head on.  So he avoided getting in a car.  As he walked out on his front porch, a semi came roaring off the road and took him out.  If what is to be is to be...why bother about trying to stop it?

• Like 4

Just now, Crikey said:

As for thinking outside the box, I do that all the time because I regard the Bible as a fascinating account of a "Superscience" that we know nothing about , so it naturally appeals to my open-minded scientific curiosity..:D  

:lol:

Just now, Crikey said:

Seeing as you're overawed by "experts", let me modestly mention I got College of Preceptors exam passes in English Language, 

:lol:  Mate, I was never good at English and speak the Bronte Country dialect with a international twang......but this........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I believe that a lot of the "future calamities" in the Bible, especially Revelations, are allegory for the persecution of Christianity in the late Roman Empire (The Beast is Nero, for example, the Great Harlot is Rome itself) and things such as the Abomination of Devastation (the Pagan Temple that replaced the Jewish one) were inserted into the text after they had already happened. It was a literary device at the time to hide information about current events and political allegory behind End Time Prophecies, the Revelation of John is only remarkable in this regard because it got included in the Bible. It's similar to the methods Plato used with Atlantis, really (he made up a Civilization for his Political Allegory, John made up an end of the world scenario for his allegory) 

Yes the Coming of the Kingdom of God is an important part of Christianity, but I don't think it's very useful to read the text with the intention of comparing it to current events in order to guess the timetable of the Apocalypse, after all:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

So it's literally impossible to guess it before it happens.
And the text states it is supposed to be unmistakable, so trying to guess at it seems useless to me.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The abomination of desolation hasnt happened yet. When that happens all hells going to break loose. I think the abomination may possibly be a spaceship..i think "aliens" are nothing grander than evil spirits..demons.