Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man discovers 'Voodoo doll' with human teeth

UM-Bot

There is no such thing as a "Voodoo" doll. It's called a "poppet" and used in Hoodoo and Northern European folk majick.

It probably does represent Mr. Nancy and I hope they find a Houngan who can explain it, but Vodou Houses are very secretive with all the bad press and false information. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It could also just be an art object. You can buy human teeth on ebay and etsy for jewelry making and other projects. I've made all sorts of strange little sculptures, carvings, glyphs, etc. using natural found materials when out hiking. It's fun and much better than tagging up a natural space with spray paint.

I think it looks creepy and cool, TBH. I'd gladly have it in my collection of weird things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

I think it looks creepy and cool, TBH. I'd gladly have it in my collection of weird things.

So would I.....

But because of all the private unmarked Swedish and Quaker graves and Lenape ossuaries  my former museum and archaeologists at Rutgers lobbied to have a law passed making it illegal to possess human remains in New Jersey and you can't even own a teaching skeleton without a medical permit. 

• Like 2

Wait until he finds out its supposed to have precious gems inside, he's going to be kicking himself for tossing it back into the ocean.