Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Deceased' 83-year-old comes back to life

UM-Bot

Obviously, a big part of me is like 'Oh wow! That's amazing!' but I can't help wondering about the quality of the doctors that pronounced her dead.

• Like 2

Even if NDEs end up being only products of our brains, it's at least a little comforting to know in our last moments we will feel good. 

• Like 5

Wonder if something similar to this sparked the story of Frankenstien. We're much, much better at diagnosing death these days but 200 years ago that wasn't always the case.

• Like 1

told u guys the afterlife was real

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Varelse said:

Wonder if something similar to this sparked the story of Frankenstien. We're much, much better at diagnosing death these days but 200 years ago that wasn't always the case.

Shelly got the idea for Frankenstein from  Luigi Galvani and other  early scientists experiments and public demonstrations of electrical reanimation of corpses. They never got the science to work but they made more than few corpses jump and twitch.

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/real-scientific-revolution-behind-frankenstein/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

Shelly got the idea for Frankenstein from  Luigi Galvani and other  early scientists experiments and public demonstrations of electrical reanimation of corpses. They never got the science to work but they made more than few corpses jump and twitch.

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/real-scientific-revolution-behind-frankenstein/

I heard the true story behind Frankenstein was that it was a writing contest amongst friends becuase they were all bored during a storm...

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, UM-Bot said:

A Ukrainian woman who was pronounced dead in her home shocked doctors when she woke up 10 hours later.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334964/deceased-83-year-old-comes-back-to-life

Well this just freaks me out! I'm going to spare everyone my nightmare thoughts about this... zip, mums the words...but...

I think this happens much more than we know and hear about.

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

I heard the true story behind Frankenstein was that it was a writing contest amongst friends becuase they were all bored during a storm...

That is also part of the story it was written in a castle where her, her husband Percy and Lord Byron were staying. But, all of the experimentation done on electrifying the corpses was also ongoing and very much part of the public record and public discourse of the day..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

That is also part of the story it was written in a castle where her, her husband Percy and Lord Byron were staying. But, all of the experimentation done on electrifying the corpses was also ongoing and very much part of the public record and public discourse of the day..

Wow, I did not hear that part, thanks!