Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Now Say's it Has Nukes!

CopeML

On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?

• 1 - Not a Threat
    • 2 - Somewhat Not
    • 3 - Is a Little Threat
    • 4 - Becoming a Threat
    • 5 - Moderate Threat
    • 6 - A Growing Concern
    • 7 - Is a Large Threat
    • 8 - Is Really Scary
    • 9 - Is a Great issue to watch
    • 10 - Major Threat

Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, he has some information on that, he used to serve in south korea but is now officially retired

North korea tactics

482914[/snapback]

anybody besides me read this entire article....damn good find...i wonder, does anyone know how much of it is true and where some of these source docs are? thumbsup.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CopeML

• Babs

• Walken

• et's daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, he has some information on that, he used to serve in south korea but is now officially retired

North korea tactics

482914[/snapback]

Well I am a Big supporter of President Bush, thank's Hotoke for that link you left there is alot I didn't know that North Korea has, in fact they have alot of stuff! Reading that article made something come to my mind, North Korea's military is coming off alot like that of the Japanese during World War 2. The Japanese would stop at nothing to achieve there determination, that is pretty much where the decision came in to drop the bomb because every faction that the U.S. could come up with came out to several 100,000 of american solider's would die just trying to get a couple miles into the Japanese mainland. As well as at the time Japanese solider's weren't the only one's fighting but also civilians off the street would start fighting!

I don't think its a good thing if anyone goes Nuclear but nearly everyone has and so why not n.Korea

Ah, Lottie, dearest...We don't want someone having them that might use them offensively or blackmail other countries. Plus, it is like a club thing and we don't want just 'anybody' in the club. tongue.gif

I'll tell you, North Korea may be one of those crazy countries that goes and believs they have a destiny like the japanese in WWii.....i'm on the west coast of the US, i know they have ICBM's that can reach the west coast...i may consider begining a move to the midwest tongue.gif

I don't think its a good thing if anyone goes Nuclear but nearly everyone has and so why not n.Korea

Ah, Lottie, dearest...We don't want someone having them that might use them offensively or blackmail other countries. Plus, it is like a club thing and we don't want just 'anybody' in the club. tongue.gif

482989[/snapback]

But isn't that the point of Nukes anyway...to use them offensively, blackmail other countries and protect oneself because other countries have them. tongue.gif

As for being a 'club thing' that sounds like a school playground thing...which just about sums up this utter mess. No wonder countries have a problem if this is the attitude.

Lottie, i think the more we allow people to have nukes the more dangerous the world becomes and the larger the stockpiles of WMD's become that we all have to get and the larger escalation and a cold war comes in again....therefore, we have to restrict who can get them

Lottie, i think the more we allow people to have nukes the more dangerous the world becomes and the larger the stockpiles of WMD's become that we all have to get and the larger escalation and a cold war comes in again....therefore, we have to restrict who can get them

483002[/snapback]

The world only becomes more dangerous when there are goverments telling countries that they do not have the right to own WMD. And this is what is happening right now with Iran, with N.Korea. I hate WMD's they scare the hell out of me but what scares me more is people like Bush who are on this power trip making a situation a hundred times worse than it needs to be.

As I said before everyone else has nukes so why not these countries. They are no more or no less likely to start a nuclear war with them than anyone else. Isn't it afterall in the goverments worldwide interests to make sure that this planet is not wiped out because where would the billions of dollars come from then?

I hate WMD's they scare the hell out of me

As they should...and you are a hell of alot closer to N. Korea than is the US. Remember though, this is not a Bush equation...this has been and will be the long term policy of the US Government. President Clinton is really to blame for N. Korea having Nukes...his administration gave them assistance and believed them when they said they would not acquire a nuclear program. Bush is only in office for 4 more years. The regimes of Iran and N. Korea are indefinant at best. It is in your best interest that an egotistical, demented, mad for power regime such as N. Korea not have the ability to blow London or Liverpool off the face of the Earth! wub.gif

President Clinton is really to blame for N. Korea having Nukes...his administration gave them assistance and believed them when they said they would not acquire a nuclear program. Bush is only in office for 4 more years.

Exactly deathwish Bush is in office and look what happens...the M/E is at boiling point.

Have I been reading this right? Is Lottie favoring Kim Jong geek.gif over Bush blink.gif ? I believe that North Korea has the weapons' because if there ever has been anything I've learned Never Talk S#^T unless you have what it takes to back it up. Now if you down play that why do you think North Korea has not been re-invaded the government's are to scared too, if they are to scared to that tell's us something.

Have I been reading this right?  Is Lottie favoring Kim Jong  geek.gif  over Bush  blink.gif ?  I believe that North Korea has the weapons' because if there ever has been anything I've learned Never Talk S#^T unless you have what it takes to back it up.  Now if you down play that why do you think North Korea has not been re-invaded the government's are to scared too, if they are to scared to that tell's us something.

483072[/snapback]

No you have been reading wrong dear. tongue.gif

Leaders condemn N Korea threats

World leaders have condemned North Korea for pulling out of international talks and renewing pledges to boost its nuclear arsenal.

The US said Pyongyang would only deepen its isolation if it did not resume negotiations over its nuclear future.

But nations also struck a conciliatory tone, urging North Korea to return to the six-country talks.

Earlier North Korea said the dialogue was pointless amid US hostility and repeated a claim to have nuclear arms.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan dismissed the North Korean statement as "rhetoric" and said the US remained "committed to a peaceful diplomatic solution".

But earlier US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called for a change of heart in Pyongyang.

"The world has given them a way out and we hope they will take that way out," she said at a news conference with European Union leaders.

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw's reaction was blunter.

"It would be a major mistake for the DPRK [North Korea] to go down that route," he said of the threat to leave the talks.

But UN Secretary General Kofi Annan said other countries could persuade Pyongyang to return to negotiations.

"I urge them to engage North Korea and bring them back to the table as quickly as possible," he said in a news conference with Mr Straw.

Russia's foreign ministry said the suspension could "only cause regret".

A senior South Korea official said: "We make it clear that we won't tolerate the North's nuclear weapons."

Deadlock

Several rounds of talks - involving North and South Korea, the US, China, Russia and Japan - have been held in the past two years in an effort to resolve concerns about Pyongyang's nuclear programme, but little progress has been made.

In its latest statement, the North Korean foreign ministry said: "We have wanted the six-party talks but we are compelled to suspend our participation... for an indefinite period."

It added that Pyongyang would take "a measure to bolster its nuclear weapons arsenal" in order to "protect its ideology, system, freedom and democracy" - but gave no details.

This was North Korea's most explicit public assertion that it possesses nuclear weapons. Senior members of the regime have privately spoken about its nuclear capability on several occasions in the past.

US and other intelligence agencies believe the North could already have built a small number of weapons, variously estimated at between two and 10.

North Korea's anger appears to be directed at several speeches made by President George W Bush and other members of his administration at the start of their second term in office.

"The second-term Bush administration's intention to antagonise the DPRK and isolate and stifle it at any cost has become quite clear," the statement said.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...fic/4254439.stm

Why can't Bush just keep his &%$@$&^*%# mouth shut for once. angry.gif

Why can't Bush just keep his &%$@$&^*%# mouth shut for once. angry.gif

483145[/snapback]

I get the feeling that Bush couldn't play well with others when he was a kid either...

I bet he took over the entire sandbox and broke the other kids Tonka toys so that they could not play in the sandbox...

It is ridiculous...We don't need to be stirring things up in the Korean peninsula while we are still overwhelmed in the middle east. So now we are attempting to upset Iran and NK at the same time.

Great job bush! Maybe you can go overtake the Russian oilfields, knock down the Great Wall of China, Nuke the Eiffel Tower, Steal Big Ben, and turn the Great Pyramids of Giza into the new white house while you are at it... rolleyes.gif

They were tasked to defend Hanoi and shot down scores of US planes. North Korea sent 25 pilots to Syria during the 3rd Arab-Israeli war of 1966, and 30 pilots to Egypt and Syria during the 4th Arab-Israeli war of 1973. In 1976, North Korea sent more than 40 pilots to Syria.

a marxist/stalinist working with religious nuts? who'd have thought:)

I say the US gets a clue and stops sending aid to NK, and impose economic sanctions...oh wait, NK has promised to nuke stuff if they did that...

think about it for a bit.

Yes people I do realize that some of you dislike President George Bush blink.gif , but diplomatic status with North Korea has been unstable for many year's and they have critized other president's. One way to look at it is that they are only critizing him right now because he is the current commander in chief.

The major fact of it is Kim Jong geek.gif is a big baby that won't stop his determination to have or control whatever he want's, it even proves it the way he has his people brainwashed, did you know that every person in N. Korea is mandated to have a picture of Kim Jong in their house? Isn't that a good form of communism where they have no freedom but to live for whatever he want's?

the US, and more directly pres. bush, is the big bully on the block ?

naw, i think some of you have that backwards. the US defends those that can't defend themselves.

Kim Jong Il is a madman that shouldnt be allowed to play with matches let alone nukes.

hey, i know, how about we let all the people out of the asylums around the world and arm them with guns ? who are we to say they dont deserve to have guns like the rest of us ?

i suppose if a dictator decides to thin the herd with genocide or maybe a little starvation (for those of you that dont know NK spends all their money on the military while their people starve) we should just stand by and watch ?

it sorta goes back to my mugger and old lady idea

if a mugger attacks an old lady does the young man stand across the street and pretend not to see ?

or does he try to gather his friends (and if he has no friends close by do it himself) and help the old lady ?

the defenseless people of these countries are the old lady

the US is the young man across the street

what would you have us do ?

Hey people I heard this on the new's tonight and it could be another good factor to look at also, North Korea's geek.gif ability to sell or pawn off their Nuclear good's to terrorist groups. ph34r.gif Umm know as good as a probabilty that is that could happen, the terrorist groups ph34r.gif transporting and yet concealing the nukes would be a currosity. I guess they could just take the warheads?

North Korea sparked out rage yesterday by publicly boasting about its arsenal of nukes.

The hardline communist nation took the provocative step in a bid to squeeze more cash concessions out of AMERICA.

A spokesman said,we have manufactored the arms for self defence to cope with the bush Adminastration`s policy to isolate the North.

US Secetary of StateCondoleeza Rice played down the threats

Granted, Bush and company probably shouldn't have said "axis of evil" and things like that, but to think that is the reason N.Korea is going nuclear is absurd. N.Korea going nuclear is get more concessions from the U.S. and possibly as a deterrent from a possibly U.S. attack. That being said, Bush shouldn't be blamed for what N.Korea does. The most frightening thing, in my opinion, is how poor N.Korea is, and whether they would proliferate nuclear technology/weapons to terrorists for financial gain.

Personally I think the leaders of S.Korea are stupid. S.Korea is slightly larger, with a higher population, and many times richer than N.Korea. Why is S.Korea so weak?? blink.gif

I can't believe I just read "Because everyone has em" being used as a valid argument for widespread Nuclear armament and that people are blaming Bush for N. Korea. Talk about unexplained mysteries.

And a sociopath with WMD is too much to even think about......

Yup and you can understand why people are up in arms against Bush. Any country who owns WMD's has the capability of using them its not just a N.Korea thing.

482922[/snapback]

WHOA! Lottie. Bush isn't a sociopath. (Sometimes you seem so level headed) blink.gif

Yes people I do realize that some of you dislike President George Bush blink.gif , but diplomatic status with North Korea has been unstable for many year's and they have critized other president's.  One way to look at it is that they are only critizing him right now because he is the current commander in chief. 

The major fact of it is Kim Jong  geek.gif  is a big baby that won't stop his determination to have or control whatever he want's, it even proves it the way he has his people brainwashed, did you know that every person in N. Korea is mandated to have a picture of Kim Jong in their house?  Isn't that a good form of communism where they have no freedom but to live for whatever he want's?

483349[/snapback]

You have it! Kim Jong Il. is a passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif ...and a dangerous one! He'd be quite a study for psychologists (sociopathy/psychopathy).

Maybe Bush should let europe and the UK handle North Korea alone without the US, since it is more in their backyard, so to speak. cool.gif Yeah, let them handle it!....especially since they hate Bush so much.