Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Now Say's it Has Nukes!

CopeML

On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?

• 1 - Not a Threat
    • 2 - Somewhat Not
    • 3 - Is a Little Threat
    • 4 - Becoming a Threat
    • 5 - Moderate Threat
    • 6 - A Growing Concern
    • 7 - Is a Large Threat
    • 8 - Is Really Scary
    • 9 - Is a Great issue to watch
    • 10 - Major Threat

Sociopathic behavior:

Pathological Lying

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

Shallow Emotions

Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

Irresponsibility/Unreliability

I can think of about half a dozen world leaders that fit the above description, Kim Jong being the top of the list/poster boy.

NK has some serious issues to deal with, and I think that China and Japan should be stepping in to be more of a force than they are. I don't think that stopping all aid to the country is going to do anything but amek the situation worse as Kim Jong would sense that he had nothing to lose and would more than likely do something very stupid in retaliation.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CopeML

• Babs

• Walken

• et's daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope everything will be worked out. As you say everything is gone......who took it?  I hope the person that took it off the screen is, in fact, dealing with the situation and not letting something as serious as this go. I have seen gollum or wunarmdscissor use too many foul words and everyone lets it go. It's just not right.

The post was removed initially, because of it's inapropriate nature, hence why it has disappeared.

Gollum will be receiving a PM shortly, if he hasn't received one already.

I deleted the post as it was innapropriate.

I am dealing with Gollum in an appropriate manner; the same manner that you would receive had you posted the same thing.

Is that helping? Can we get back on topic now?

I don't think that stopping all aid to the country is going to do anything but amek the situation worse as Kim Jong would sense that he had nothing to lose and would more than likely do something very stupid in retaliation.

483888[/snapback]

Which makes this a very sensitive issue. If you don't impose sanctions, do you just leave N.Korea alone in isolation? Do you concede and allow them to join the international community? What do we do now dontgetit.gif

I don't think that stopping all aid to the country is going to do anything but amek the situation worse as Kim Jong would sense that he had nothing to lose and would more than likely do something very stupid in retaliation.

483888[/snapback]

Which makes this a very sensitive issue. If you don't impose sanctions, do you just leave N.Korea alone in isolation? Do you concede and allow them to join the international community? What do we do now dontgetit.gif

483910[/snapback]

I am not sure...I know that China has more influence on NK than we do...I think that the six party talks are the only way to go, should any action need to be taken I would want everyone in the region to be in agreement as the neighbors would have the most to lose.

I personally would work on getting Kim Jong Il out of his position, one way or another. He is too unstable to be dealt with in a politcal forum. He would rather watch his own people starve than to concede and get with the program of learning how to play well with the other kids in the neighborhood...

The problem with sanctions is who suffers from them. Manesty reported more deaths in Iraq due to the sanctions imposed on it after the gulf war in 1990-91 (or there abouts)... and the amount of people dying there because of the sanctions imposed was higher then the amount of people killed by Saddam (on a P.A. basis)... an is still higher then the amount of civilians killed P.A. in the current situation....

Would sanctions hurt the governement of Korea or just the people?

I am not sure...I know that China has more influence on NK than we do...I think that the six party talks are the only way to go, should any action need to be taken I would want everyone in the region to be in agreement as the neighbors would have the most to lose.

I personally would work on getting Kim Jong Il out of his position, one way or another. He is too unstable to be dealt with in a politcal forum. He would rather watch his own people starve than to concede and get with the program of learning how to play well with the other kids in the neighborhood...

483916[/snapback]

I agree. China would have more to lose than us, with an agressive, nuclear armed N.Korea, so I would imagine they would be in favor of regime change.

Toppling governments is cool cool.gif

It's the rebuilding that sucks sad.gif

Would sanctions hurt the governement of Korea or just the people?

483921[/snapback]

I don't want to sound cold and uncaring, but I truthfully don't care about the people provided the sanctions work. I don't think sanctions will work due to the agressive nature of their government, so I wouldn't support it. Just my opinion.

sanctions are supposed to make the people of the country being hurt put pressure on their govt to jump through the hoops laid out by the ones doing the sanctioning so the people can get on with their lives, but usually the sanctioned country will tell it's people that it's the sanctioners fault their people are hurting and not the angelic govt. that's being sanctioned and when aid is given to the people of the sanctioned country the govt. takes it for themselves and then the people giving the aid are said to be the bad guys for starving people when it's the govt of the country with the sanctions against it taking the aid from it's own people and if they were democratic and capitalist they wouldn't have the problems they're having now anyway... in my opinion...

*Wow* It took a real genius to realize that north korea is a bigger threat than Iraq. Good thing we have Bush in office to protect us from Nukes,Oil mon...Oppressed nations and Homosexuals.

I've said it all along. Humanitys on a path to hell, but to quote Durruti.

We are going to inherit the earth . There is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie may blast and burn its own world before it finally leaves the stage of history. We Are not afraid of ruins. We who ploughed the prairies and built the cities can build again, only better next time. We carry a new world, here in our hearts. That world is growing this minute.
Edited by Novo

I know that China has more influence on NK than we do...I think that the six party talks are the only way to go, should any action need to be taken I would want everyone in the region to be in agreement as the neighbors would have the most to lose.

Am I just paranoid or is it likely that China may have considerably more influence over the actions of N. Korea than we think! Perhaps NK is a 'tool' of China. Perhaps their seemingly psychotic leader is taking marching orders directly from the Chinese Communist Hierarchy. hmm.gif

On the other hand...if I am paranoid...which is quite possible...China may not have all that much influence with NK at all. Because of their close proximity, they may just not wish to tangle with the maniac at all. What happens when Kim Jong Very Ill has enough nuclear weapons complete with ICBM's? What happens when he suddenly and without warning advances across the border and occupies South Korea as Sadaam did with Kuwait? What will anyone be able to do? Is China going to step up to the plate and risk nuclear war to help the South Koreans? And isn't that exactly the reason that he wants these weapons in the first place? As a blackmail Ace Card for when he attacks South Korea? 'Tis not a wholesome situation.

This global chaos is giving me a headache, I'm taking a break for about 5 minutes...I don't know if this show was international, but for us Americans, remember Little House on the Prairie? original.gif

Sure there were wars, disease, famines and corrupt governments all over the world in those days like it is today. And yes they worked manual labor all day long, but at the end of the day, wasn't it worth it?

Close family ties, wide open spaces, fresh air, clean water, friendly neighbors that don't live too close to you. I wish I can find some re-runs on TV...Damn, by break is over...

Ok, back to N.Korea and their nukes dontgetit.gif

*Wow* It took a real genius to realize that north korea is a bigger threat than Iraq. Good thing we have Bush in office to protect us from Nukes,Oil mon...Oppressed nations and Homosexuals.

483950[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif

Remember how embarrassed the Clinton administration was when it found out the N.Koreans violated the agreement, and were continuing with their nuclear ambitions? Oops, sorry, this is supposed to be Bush's fault original.gif

For all the Bush bashers, what was he supposed to do? All I hear is criticism, but I never hear any ideas.

Geeze, one after another. It looks like I'm going to Iran or Korea in the near future.. hmm.gif That link that Hotoke post on page 2 was great! I didn't know they were that capable and prepared to fight us. Hopefully we can continue the 6 way talk because i believe the more pressure that is placed on Kim Jong, the more likely he will be willing to conform. But if all else fails....i just don't even want to think about it. no.gif

Well I found another useful link for our good discusion, in it say's they North Korea geek.gif has the capability to spread anthrax, clorea, and the plague!

Terrorism: Q & A

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't the plauge kinda contagious it doesn't matter where it hit's it can spread fast and add the pentiality to kill?

Geeze, one after another. It looks like I'm going to Iran or Korea in the near future.. hmm.gif That link that Hotoke post on page 2 was great!  I didn't know they were that capable and prepared to fight us.  Hopefully we can continue the 6 way talk because i believe the more pressure that is placed on Kim Jong, the more likely he will be willing to conform.  But if all else fails....i just don't even want to think about it.  no.gif

484020[/snapback]

Kim Jong has absolutely no interest in a rationality which deviates from his own.

Yep I know what you mean paladin I already see myself walking the plank into the big black Nuclear crator hole in the ground.

I would suspect that N.Korea will fire-off 3 nukes.

The first will be directed to S. Korea, which will p***-off the U.S.

The other 2 will be directed at the US but fall short; both hitting China; blaming the US for "provoking" the attack and retaliating against the US in a non-nuclear but massive response.

From that, the S*** hits the fan.

Kim Jong has absolutely no interest in a rationality which deviates from his own.

484120[/snapback]

Although this may be so, it doesn't mean we shouldn't try everything in our powers to stop him before resorting to war. I do believe that this may be the only way though, so I will go when my country calls me..

So your telling me that when the North Koreans geek.gif force me to walk the plank I'm going to be either in South Korea, or China. Oh no! Does that mean they might have a draft!!!

So your telling me that when the North Koreans  geek.gif  force me to walk the plank I'm going to be either in South Korea, or China. Oh no!  Does that mean they might have a draft!!!

484146[/snapback]

Well, the Bush administration oppose the draft because draftees are less motivated to go and aren't as highly trained than a small one consisting of volunteers. Although this may be so, i won't be surprized if we have to resort to it.

No matter what faction we look at we are more than likely going to have to use the draft when you compare North Koreas geek.gif 1.3 million man army and the U.S. blink.gif 76,000 man army it is almost a given. It is true thou that we have more technology but they have more power.