Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Now Say's it Has Nukes!

CopeML

On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?

• 1 - Not a Threat
    • 2 - Somewhat Not
    • 3 - Is a Little Threat
    • 4 - Becoming a Threat
    • 5 - Moderate Threat
    • 6 - A Growing Concern
    • 7 - Is a Large Threat
    • 8 - Is Really Scary
    • 9 - Is a Great issue to watch
    • 10 - Major Threat

Yeah, and we thought we are at odds with Islamic radicals alone!!!

There are some really nasty people out there.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CopeML

• Babs

• Walken

• et's daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, and we thought we are at odds with Islamic radicals alone!!!

There are some really nasty people out there.

484159[/snapback]

Yes there are nasty people out there, and the whole world smell's their pungent cologne! devil.gif If you get what my analogy is.

With the capabilities of North Korea, it looks to be a long hard war unless nukes are used early on. Even then, that'll cause a lot of harm to the surrounding area which will most likely anger a lot of people. This is why the talk between the 6 way talk must continue. The use of a war head could initiate a WW III, but that's just my opinion.

Nukes are going to fly. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.

As the US keeps harrasing nations with nuclear capabilities, so closer does that moment come.

But even that doesn't matter, as those nations would harrass each other without any US involvement. We only placate the inevitable.

The question thus turns to "survivability", and there should be many survivors. Let your family be one of those; rebuilding the world apart from the current insanity we are in.

Ok here is another interesting idea to think about, now the North Korean's geek.gif have Submarines that can carry missiles (correct me if I'm wrong) but theoretically as the submarine moves closer to a destination so does the range on the missile. So presuming this could happen, respectively if they get half way out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean wouldn't that give them the choice to any U.S. blink.gif Target, not just the West Coast?

Nukes are going to fly. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.

As the US keeps harrasing nations with nuclear capabilities, so closer does that moment come.

But even that doesn't matter, as those nations would harrass each other without any US involvement. We only placate the inevitable.

The question thus turns to "survivability", and there should be many survivors. Let your family be one of those; rebuilding the world apart from the current insanity we are in.

484182[/snapback]

Agreed. This senario reminds me of On The Beach by Nevil Shute. Check it out if you haven't already read it. thumbsup.gif

Ok here is another interesting idea to think about, now the North Korean's  geek.gif  have Submarines that can carry missiles (correct me if I'm wrong) but theoretically as the submarine moves closer to a destination so does the range on the missile.  So presuming this could happen, respectively if they get half way out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean wouldn't that give them the choice to any U.S.  blink.gif Target, not just the West Coast?

484184[/snapback]

Here is a quote from the last page that I wrote for those who might have missed it.

i see a few misconceptions here i would like to clear up.

i have a sort of unique perspective as i spent 1 year in the US army 4 miles from the Korean DMZ

the ROK army is very weak. every male in south korea is required to join the military, but if the family has money then the kid gets to hang out with the US army as part of the KATUSA (korean augmentation to the US army) program and pretty much do nothing.

if the north attacked there is no doubt they would reach Seoul. where i was they told us if war broke out we had a 24 second life expectancy.

they also told us kim il song wanted to be buried in seoul and we figured his kid kim jong il was crazy enough to do it. every night i prayed the opld man would live until i left.

another reason the south doesnt work harder to build their army is many of them want to reunite korea. we had college students riot outside our post throwing rocks at us telling us to go home. they believed the US was the only thing keeping the north and south seperate.

in fact, the north has loudspeakers on the boarder telling the south if they would get the US out their country could be whole again. i know this because i have personally heard the propaganda.

i also believe i remember hearing the north's nukes can now reach alaska so the US isnt safe from attack by any means.

gees im glad i live in maine grin2.gif

WAIT. I think i have figured it out. This is all a Chinese/Russian plot.

Alright the chinese have the fastest growing economy. And the Russians are the main trading partner with the chinese. Now what is the one thing standing in China's way to becoming the the wealthest, strongest, and most technologically advanced nation in the world? AMERICA.

Now the Chinese are not capable of fighting a one on one war with the states, but what if the North Koreans did. Scine the americans are tied up in iraq the North Koreas have the upper hand. The attack the South and bring america into a long and costly war. Eventually bankrupting the states.

Now the world would be looking for another world market. IE China. The other countries pump billions of dollars into china pumping ups it's economy like the did in america during the 50's. And scine the russians are the chinese largest trading partner they would also prosper. Now that america would be out of the picture the chinese and russians would domonate the world. And without america who would stop these nations from taking anything they want?

Now say the russians wanted back there eastern european satillites? Or say the chinese wanted some more elbow room? Who would stand in these countries way.

north korea does not now and never will have the upper hand on the US.

it's a matter of technology not # of people

take out the nukes and the US wins in a landslide

the north would make it to seoul as ive said just with sheer man-power

but the US has enough war-power in asia to quickly cripple the north

i see a few misconceptions here i would like to clear up.

i have a sort of unique perspective as i spent 1 year in the US army 4 miles from the Korean DMZ

the ROK army is very weak.  every male in south korea is required to join the military, but if the family has money then the kid gets to hang out with the US army as part of the KATUSA (korean augmentation to the US army) program and pretty much do nothing.

if the north attacked there is no doubt they would reach Seoul.  where i was they told us if war broke out we had a 24 second life expectancy.

they also told us kim il song wanted to be buried in seoul and we figured his kid kim jong il was crazy enough to do it.  every night i prayed the opld man would live until i left.

another reason the south doesnt work harder to build their army is many of them want to reunite korea.  we had college students riot outside our post throwing rocks at us telling us to go home.  they believed the US was the only thing keeping the north and south seperate.

in fact, the north has loudspeakers on the boarder telling the south if they would get the US out their country could be whole again.  i know this because i have personally heard the propaganda.

i also believe i remember hearing the north's nukes can now reach alaska so the US isnt safe from attack by any means.

gees im glad i live in maine  grin2.gif

484241[/snapback]

Good to hear your experience in Korea! thumbsup.gif Gives me information from the first hand prespective. I'm living on the west coast... no.gif So there's only a 24 second life expectancy for soldiers at the Korean DMZ? geebus, hopefully i never go there..

You know deception you might be on to somthing there, I have never trusted the Russian's wacko.gif and they have been acting really odd lately with the way there politics with the U.S. blink.gif goes. China no.gif has recently been playing suck up. Way to go and welcome to the forums! grin2.gif

dude i hope you never do either

it's an awful nasty country

you dont wanna know how they fertilize them rice paddys ohmy.gif

*here is China's list of trading partners in order....

1 Japan      

2 USA      

3 EU      

4 Hong Kong      

5 ASEAN      

6 ROK      

7 Taiwan      

8 Australia      

9 Russia      

10 Canada

Russia as you can see is actually number 9, not its biggest.....

Ummmm ummmm hmmmmm? With alot of Love and tendor care? Is that the correct answer e.t. daddy?

Hey can't human urine make a bomb!!! Yea it can that is what the bomb that blew up at the World Trade Center's in 1993 was made out of!!!

Edited by copenjackenhagen

dude i hope you never do either

it's an awful nasty country

you dont wanna know how they fertilize them rice paddys  ohmy.gif

484268[/snapback]

sad.gif Hopefully i wont...depends on where they'll ship me. I'm still doing some training

Does anyone know what type of tank's North Korea geek.gif is using. Is there own plastic model kit design or is it someone elses. I know the aircraft are Russian wacko.gif Mig's.

As of 1996 the main equipment of the North Korean ground forces included over 3,800 tanks including 2,750 T-54/55/59s, 800 new model T-62 and light tanks, and about 250 outdated T-34s. It was also equipped with more than 2,800 armored vehicles consisting of BTR series and Type M1973. Its artillery forces possessed over 8,300 of the 76.2 mm, 100 mm, 122 mm, 130 mm, 152 mm, and 170 mm howitzers and guns, over 2,700 of the 107 mm, 122 mm, 132 mm, 240 mm multiple rocket launchers, and more than 12,500 anti-aircraft guns

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/army.htm that link lays out their military

I would suspect that N.Korea will fire-off 3 nukes.

The first will be directed to S. Korea, which will p***-off the U.S.

The other 2 will be directed at the US but fall short; both hitting China; blaming the US for "provoking" the attack and retaliating against the US in a non-nuclear but massive response.

From that, the S*** hits the fan.

Wait, what? NK Launches their nukes east, towards the US... so how do they fall short and hit China?

I think there was an assumpting that NK would take the long way around...

Well obviously they will go over Russia/China and all of Europe....... Because if they go the other way, due to time zone differences, it'll arrive the day before its sent, so the US will expect it.... *cough*

Edited by Subtemperate

Well obviously they will go over Russia/China and all of Europe....... Because if they go the other way, due to time zone differences, it'll arrive the day before its sent, so the US will expect it.... *cough*

484474[/snapback]

I guess NK could always just FedEx the bomb...