Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Fallen integration

Shadow work and a dream

Recommended Posts

Fallen integration

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron and I’m  new to the site. I found this by googling “shadow man and a dream” and naturally came across of forum post here. I would to share a dream I had last night. I would also like any opinions on this matter and any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

So I wouldn’t consider myself new to shadow work as I believe I have made a good amount of progress since I consciously became aware this. But, I feel as if I’ve encountered something quite new for me last night. I don’t remember much but here’s what I have. 

I remember running on the street towards my home in my dream and became lucid (happening often lately) so I turned around because I knew I was in a dream and running from something like usual (my shadow I believe). After I turn around I see something I had never seen before. A shadow man (human figure with no identifiable features just like a black hole in human form). This wasn’t the usual form my shadow takes, in past dreams my shadow was monstrous like a wild animal demon sort of thing. Anyway I see this shadow man sprinting towards me, arms swinging, knees raised, sprinting. In just a couple a seconds he catches up to me and grabs be by the neck or shoulders (couldn’t tell if he was trying to choke me or just make me look at him). As he grabs me he lifts me up in the air and we’re just starring at each other (he has no eyes btw). I began whispering aloud “it’s ok” repeatidly. As I do this the darkness which was him began engulfing my vision and I began to feel an extraordinary energy fill my torso area and spread to my arms and head all while My vision continued to Blacken. I wasn’t afraid or nervous just filled with what seemed like a very powerful energy. I sat in that darkness and energy for a while before I woke up. 

I have an idea of what this might mean, but would like some outside opinions. Also any advice on integrating the shadow more quickly and directly would be appreciated. Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Fallen integration
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Cookie Monster
1 hour ago, Fallen integration said:

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron and I’m  new to the site. I found this by googling “shadow man and a dream” and naturally came across of forum post here. I would to share a dream I had last night. I would also like any opinions on this matter and any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

So I wouldn’t consider myself new to shadow work as I believe I have made a good amount of progress since I consciously became aware this. But, I feel as if I’ve encountered something quite new for me last night. I don’t remember much but here’s what I have. 

I remember running on the street towards my home in my dream and became lucid (happening often lately) so I turned around because I knew I was in a dream and running from something like usual (my shadow I believe). After I turn around I see something I had never seen before. A shadow man (human figure with no identifiable features just like a black hole in human form). This wasn’t the usual form my shadow takes, in past dreams my shadow was monstrous like a wild animal demon sort of thing. Anyway I see this shadow man sprinting towards me, arms swinging, knees raised, sprinting. In just a couple a seconds he catches up to me and grabs be by the neck or shoulders (couldn’t tell if he was trying to choke me or just make me look at him). As he grabs me he lifts me up in the air and we’re just starring at each other (he has no eyes btw). I began whispering aloud “it’s ok” repeatidly. As I do this the darkness which was him began engulfing my vision and I began to feel an extraordinary energy fill my torso area and spread to my arms and head all while My vision continued to Blacken. I wasn’t afraid or nervous just filled with what seemed like a very powerful energy. I sat in that darkness and energy for a while before I woke up. 

I have an idea of what this might mean, but would like some outside opinions. Also any advice on integrating the shadow more quickly and directly would be appreciated. Thank you for your time. 

You arent a whole person, you are repressing aspects of yourself down into your unconscious.

You are better positioned than anybody to know what that is. Your shadow wants you to acknowledge and integrate it into your conscious mind so that you become whole again.

For you to be experiencing a shadow then you are going through a period in your life where you are repressing what it is you need. You cannot fix whatever it is as what you need to fix it is repressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fallen integration
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

You arent a whole person, you are repressing aspects of yourself down into your unconscious.

You are better positioned than anybody to know what that is. Your shadow wants you to acknowledge and integrate it into your conscious mind so that you become whole again.

For you to be experiencing a shadow then you are going through a period in your life where you are repressing what it is you need. You cannot fix whatever it is as what you need to fix it is repressed.

I definitely have repressed parts of myself but I’m having difficulty finding how I can integrate it. I haven’t looked much into repression, I’ll have to learn more on that subject. Thank you for the comments. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fallen integration
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

You arent a whole person, you are repressing aspects of yourself down into your unconscious.

You are better positioned than anybody to know what that is. Your shadow wants you to acknowledge and integrate it into your conscious mind so that you become whole again.

For you to be experiencing a shadow then you are going through a period in your life where you are repressing what it is you need. You cannot fix whatever it is as what you need to fix it is repressed.

I definitely have repressed parts of myself but I’m having difficulty finding how I can integrate it. I haven’t looked much into repression, I’ll have to learn more on that subject. Thank you for the comments. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
8 hours ago, Fallen integration said:

I definitely have repressed parts of myself but I’m having difficulty finding how I can integrate it. I haven’t looked much into repression, I’ll have to learn more on that subject. Thank you for the comments. 

Keep it legal and dont do anything that might get you sacked.

With that in mind spend the day being a nasty piece of work. Learn about it, experience it, figure out how it should be used appropriately in life and when you shouldn't use it. Then instead of burying it its there waiting to be used when its appropriate to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
15 hours ago, Fallen integration said:

..As he grabs me he lifts me up in the air and we’re just starring at each other (he has no eyes btw). I began whispering aloud “it’s ok” repeatidly...I wasn’t afraid or nervous just filled with what seemed like a very powerful energy. I sat in that darkness and energy for a while before I woke up...

Perhaps when it grabbed you it expected you to freak out with fear, but you defeated it by staying cool and saying "It's okay", and it realised you were too tough for it to handle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fallen integration
8 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Keep it legal and dont do anything that might get you sacked.

With that in mind spend the day being a nasty piece of work. Learn about it, experience it, figure out how it should be used appropriately in life and when you shouldn't use it. Then instead of burying it its there waiting to be used when its appropriate to use it.

Yes I know what you mean. As I said in the post I’m not exactly “new” to shadow work. I have reached the stage I believe you mentioned. The stage of letting my shadow act things out. I spent many months uncovering repressed memories/ emotions and basically just uncovering my shadow and learning to accept it. Now I need to find a behavioral outlet or as you said to figure out how to use it properly. I’ve seen in the past what an uncivilized shadow of this magnitude is capable of. I appreciate the comments. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fallen integration
5 hours ago, Crikey said:

Perhaps when it grabbed you it expected you to freak out with fear, but you defeated it by staying cool and saying "It's okay", and it realised you were too tough for it to handle?

It is possible. That has happened in other dreams of mine as well. I would be doing something “wrong” in the dream or being attacked and I would snap out of it and begin to fight it. My subconscious would then look shocked at what I was doing and I’d wake up. Thank you for pointing that out. I know I am strong enough to tame this animal and put it to work. Now to find out how and when to let it out for big meal so to speak. I appreciate the comments.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.