Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aboriginal monsters and their meanings

Eldorado

"The existence of such Evil Beings is an unremarkable phenomenon, given that most religious and mythological traditions possess their own demons and supernatural entities.

"Monstrous beings are allegorical in nature, personifying evil.

"In the Christian tradition, we need to look no further than Satan.

"In the Tanakh, "‘The Adversary’, as a figure in the Hebrew Bible is sometimes described in English translation, fulfils a similar role.

"Often, akin to many of the Monstrous Beings that inhabit Aboriginal Australia, these evil supernatural entities are Tricksters, shape-changers and shape-shifters."

Full article at The Conversation: http://theconversation.com/dreamings-and-place-aboriginal-monsters-and-their-meanings-25606

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Very interesting article , the artwork is also very evocative.

Thank you Eldorado :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"The existence of such Evil Beings is an unremarkable phenomenon, given that most religious and mythological traditions possess their own demons and supernatural entities.

"Monstrous beings are allegorical in nature, personifying evil.

"In the Christian tradition, we need to look no further than Satan.

"In the Tanakh, "‘The Adversary’, as a figure in the Hebrew Bible is sometimes described in English translation, fulfils a similar role.

"Often, akin to many of the Monstrous Beings that inhabit Aboriginal Australia, these evil supernatural entities are Tricksters, shape-changers and shape-shifters."

Full article at The Conversation: http://theconversation.com/dreamings-and-place-aboriginal-monsters-and-their-meanings-25606

The Jewish Golem (river devil) is one that has always mystified me since I have heard of it a few years ago, on a Jewish documentary (and I am pretty sure they knew the true history behind this. I was going to post some information about it hear but wiki's information on it is incorrect and way off from what I learned about it on the documentary and unfortunately I am having a hard time finding the correct information)  :( 

• Like 1