Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smithsonian puts 2.8m pics into Public Domain

Eldorado

"Culture connoisseurs, rejoice: The Smithsonian Institution is inviting the world to engage with its vast repository of resources like never before."

"For the first time in its 174-year history, the Smithsonian has released 2.8 million high-resolution two- and three-dimensional images from across its collections onto an open access online platform for patrons to peruse and download free of charge.

"Featuring data and material from all 19 Smithsonian museums, nine research centers, libraries, archives and the National Zoo, the new digital depot encourages the public to not just view its contents, but use, reuse and transform them into just about anything they choose—be it a postcard, a beer koozie or a pair of bootie shorts."

Full monty at the Smithsonian mag: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/smithsonian-releases-28-million-images-public-domain-180974263/

Open Access: https://www.si.edu/openaccess

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I'm a gonna be really really busy... 

~

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I might spend some time there.  Maybe I will find the portrait of my aunt from 1940.

• Like 4

oh.

um.

i'm gonna...

wow.

thank you Smithsonian!

• Like 3

Seriously?  You people have that kind of time?   B)

Wait....

Seriously?  You people have that kind of desire? :whistle:

Wait...

Seriously? Wow...look at that...wow...look at that...wow...look at...what the hell am I suppose to be looking at anyway....oh but...wow...look at that...:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1