Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

YouTube's war on conspiracy videos continues

UM-Bot

11 minutes ago, On3Truly said:

But why stop at conspiracy content? There is a lot of stupidity on Youtube. Just look at the health & fitness category, for instance. 

I don't believe they will. If a government wants to go against free speech, it first goes after those that the majority won't defend, than using those cases they set case law and precedence to curtail free speech for other groups.

Now, though youtube is a private company and therefore sole deciders of the data content they provide, I would say like those governments they are going after the most vocal and the least likely to be defended first and later they will continue to prune their data tree, until it only contains content that agrees with the company and possibly the states opinion and directive.

In any case, it opens the doors for their competition and I don't think anyone should stay on youtube.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, aztek said:

at first they remove reference, then they remove videos, then they brand you a heretic, close your account, ,... etc it has happened many times in human history, as decades or ages went by we see that those who suppress knowledge, and brand people are the ones who are wrong. and malicious. 

Looks like they're right on schedule giving themselves an excuse to censor political ads they disagree with.  ALL these platforms need to either truly open up to all opinion or they need to be regulated by a bipartisan committee.  I normally disagree with gobment regs but these platforms are too large and too universally used to be treated like "private" corporations any longer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Youtube have been censoring the 'recommendation' video's for some time. 

I tend to watch Tucker Carlson video's quite regularly (2-3 per week). But I have almost NEVER had a recommendation for any of HIS video's... just for video's criticising him. 

Youtube is political, and seems to me to be very left-wing and anti-conservative. 

That's weird because I get the opposite. Not to mention the trump ads playing every 3 minutes or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

That's weird because I get the opposite. Not to mention the trump ads playing every 3 minutes or so.

AdBlocker is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Personally if I owned YouTube I wouldn’t want my platform being used as a mouthpiece for stupidity.

Really? 

It's all about the shekels yes. 

I wouldn't normally watch any of this "look at me" crap but others will. 

I scroll past, if you don't like alternative views and folks believing any old **** then move on. 

Millenials are 93% moron anyway and believe whatever their social circle, real or imiginary, believes. 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, eddword said:

The problem here here is. Now they are in charge of what you can view... blah blah

They always have been.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

How strange :( 

Perhaps there are different filters in the UK ? (whereabouts are you based ? ). 

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

How strange :( 

Perhaps there are different filters in the UK ? (whereabouts are you based ? ). 

Southern US

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

Southern US

Hmm.. perhaps that explains it ? 

• Haha 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. perhaps that explains it ? 

Yeah. I'm in the epicenter of deplorable country. 

• Like 1

Deplorables huh ? So.... you.. like... live in a basket, I assume ? :P 

• Haha 2

It would have been nice if the internet would have helped people get smarter. 

It just seems like it has been an avenue for spreading disinfo and discord more than anything else. 

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

It just seems like it has been an avenue for spreading disinfo and discord more than anything else. 

A poor workman blames his tools...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 3:07 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

AdBlocker is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :P

I agree, but the advertisers are pressuring the sites to block or impede anyone who uses them.  I just bail and look for the topic elsewhere.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:25 PM, GlitterRose said:

In and of itself, the internet is neutral. It's a huge database with more than a billion websites. It wasn't intended to teach people. You have to seek the knowledge, use critical thinking and find good sources. Unfortunately, many people are actually lacking those basic skills.

Edited by On3Truly
  • Like 3

Imagine in a few years when Google shares take a hit and YouTube is axed because of the mounting lawsuits and copyright complaints.

Nothing in this world lasts forever.  :clap:

ytwhatif.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, On3Truly said:

The thing is if we start censoring conspiracy content we could also extend it to a lot of other subjects. Health & fitness, religion, history ect.  Youtube's content moderation shouldn't be about deciding what is true or not, or what viewers should watch or not. 

YouTube can show whatever they and their shareholders want. People don't seem to really understand what "censorship" and "freedom of speech" really mean. They are not about YouTube, Twitter or Facebook content.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 1:55 PM, WanderingFool0 said:

I don't believe they will. If a government wants to go against free speech, it first goes after those that the majority won't defend, than using those cases they set case law and precedence to curtail free speech for other groups.

Now, though youtube is a private company and therefore sole deciders of the data content they provide, I would say like those governments they are going after the most vocal and the least likely to be defended first and later they will continue to prune their data tree, until it only contains content that agrees with the company and possibly the states opinion and directive.

In any case, it opens the doors for their competition and I don't think anyone should stay on youtube.

absolutely, and posts in this very thread is living proof ot it

• Like 1

Ah... there is no literal meaning of "Media Freedom" 

They want to chain and suppress conspiracist like me!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, aztek said:

so tell us, what is it?  religion, banking system, or concept of conspiracy itself as we know it?

This World — not the Earth — and not the creation is a conspiracy.

Moses’ artificial  monotheism was the catalyst.

“Moses” (Osarseph) was a villain and no hero.

The Stellar Man, John Baines (I don’t agree with him completely on “Jesus”)  chapter two, the so called “Anti Christ”, does a decent job of explaining this phenomenon — albeit not perfectly  in my opinion.  The incalculably malevolent bloodthirsty wrathful jealous vengeful avaricious lying murdering boastful proud humanity hating woman hating sensitive to insult and criticism third rate potency war god of the proto israelites   parasitic viral consciousness  who goes by the name of yahweh — the new “ruler”  created by Moses mixing the positive qualities from IS [Isis, Egyptian goddess of nature and wisdom] RA [ Egyptian sun god] EL [ Elohim, plural for gods from genesis 1] = IS-RA-EL  — with the negative qualities of Yahweh.  It was a trick, a snare - beware. 

THE STELLAR MAN, CHAPTER TWO

https://unicusmagazine.com/PDF/John-Baines--The-Stellar-Man-Hermetic-Philosophy-book-2.pdf

“ The tradition transmitted by the great Hermetic Masters affirms that at a crucial moment in the history of humanity, a powerful diabolic Archangel, if we are allowed to call him thus, succeeded in penetrating the earth's occult defenses and entered its atmosphere, provoking extreme disturbances. To be able to imagine such a being, we suggest reading the book The Lurker at the Threshold by H. P. Love- craft. According to Hermetic tradition, the direct, albeit unwilling cause of this catastrophe which affects us to this day, was Moses.”

Liars, murderers and thieves. 

—————

Love (The Source)  IS ......1 Cor. 13  unlike yahweh, gentle, kind et al ...https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Cor.+13&version=NIV

There are many so called gods, some good some not so much and only One Source. 

Edited by Festina
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Festina said:

This World …..

So YouTube should just allow videos they don't want on their site? How does your ramble of thoughts tie into them editing content?

Why is it people who know the least about alchemy and hermeticism are always the one to talk most loudly about it?

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph

On 3/4/2020 at 4:12 PM, sci-nerd said:

If it's censorship shut up the fearmongering liars, who profit from the gullible, so be it. We are better off.

First they came for the corona virus conspiracy,  then the bigfoot,  then the ufo,  after came the black projects,  etc,  whats next the Trump beliebers? 

Now on a serious note,  youtube should not recommend these videos but not censor/delete them,  but insert warnings/adds in the beginning and middle of the videos warning viewers. 

I would love to read about how future anthropology researchers  will analyze our times,  the amount of stupidity is staggering even by today's standards. 

Ps. I accidentally deleted part of the quote,  using a phone so correcting would be a pain

Edited by godnodog
A disclaimer insertion, text correction
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So we have the Big tech Conspirators quashing truth calling it a conspiracy when they are like NAZI book burners!

Why shut down those doing actual journalism uncovering conspiracy to keep you PROGRAMMED.

Sure there are a lot of crap on you tube too but Redpill78 and Spaceshot 76 do their best to vet information.

Dan Bongino waits 24 to 48 hours when the MSM comes out with some Orange man bad stuff and 9 times out of 10 it is all lies and contrived B.S..

Remember a lie travels around the earth many times before the truth comes out been that way for generations.

Watch the last Table of Titans video those guys get messed with by the algorithms and flat out blocking because they said something refer to data that's true and the masters of content don't like it.

Edited by cerberusxp
added more
  • Thanks 1