Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

YouTube's war on conspiracy videos continues

UM-Bot

40 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Is he christian?

If so, you can't really blame the loathsome hypocrisy common to 99% of the religion on him personally. It just makes him (humanly) weak.

--Jaylemurph

If you are refering to and then he is a rightwing conservative christian who urges an armed revolution against "the left" and seems to think that the most impostant part of the bible is Revelation. Basically he prefers the worst parts of the bible.

• Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If you are refering to and then he is a rightwing conservative christian who urges an armed revolution against "the left" and seems to think that the most impostant part of the bible is Revelation. Basically he prefers the worst parts of the bible.

Yeah, because “espousing violence” and “following the commands of Jesus” fit hand in glove. Whatever he says, he’s not christian. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 3

On 7/24/2020 at 4:45 PM, and then said:

The Decency in Communications act was passed when the internet was in its infancy.  This act protected the platforms against liability for content that they hosted.  Today, we are FAR from its infancy and these platforms- Twitter and Facebook among them - have become a 21st century town hall where Americans go for news and political speech.  They are no longer fulfilling their responsibilities to all the people.   Zuckerberg and Dorsey have become insanely wealthy for their efforts but they have begun implementing censorship on political views they disagree with.  Section 230 of that previously mentioned Act needs to be tweaked such that these platforms carry ALL legal speech or they need to be forcibly regulated like a utility.

They have an insurmountable monopoly and if they refuse to level the field and allow all speech, then they need to be held liable for all content just like publishers.

I notice you don't seem to be lumping the likes of Murdoch in with Zuckerberg and Dorsey. I wonder why.

Like I've said before - the Right in the States, UK and Russia actually do own the majority of broadcast and print news outlets. And yet its only when more liberal voices get a platform do you see it as an issue. I'll say it again: if the Right want a platform for their speech, unmolested by liberals, they can go and establish their own. Twitter and Facebook should not be under state control in terms of the content they're required to allow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/26/2020 at 6:58 AM, and then said:

Yeah, that shouldn't be too difficult.  The owners of the others are billionaires but I'm sure they wouldn't attempt to create obstacles. :rolleyes:  

Excuses.

People who suppress a thing are fearful of it.

If I was a shareholder of a social media platform, I would not want it to promote hate speech, whatever part of the political spectrum it's from. If you consider that to be "suppressing things I'm fearful of", then sure, whatever. But you can't be calling me naive and then assuming that if the founders and majority shareholders of Twitter were on the far right that liberal speech would be respected and left alone. History doesn't bear that one out mate.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Excuses.

If I was a shareholder of a social media platform, I would not want it to promote hate speech, whatever part of the political spectrum it's from. If you consider that to be "suppressing things I'm fearful of", then sure, whatever. But you can't be calling me naive and then assuming that if the founders and majority shareholders of Twitter were on the far right that liberal speech would be respected and left alone. History doesn't bear that one out mate.

What are you talking about. Didn't you know that right wing leaders like Putin, Orban and Erdogan are big fans of free speech ? :whistle:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, godnodog said:

for me this is a bad thing, I like to take naps while listening to this kind of videos.

Try some Vivaldi, Mike Oldfield, Tommy Emmanuel, or Kraftwerk. Always worked for me.

All the people here on this site saying it's good that YouTube are limiting conspiracy videos. Why are you here? This is Unexplained Mysteries, the sort of place people open to theories should hang out.  The pure science contributors asking for proof in a way that they determine is the only way to prove something, well go and join a science bases conversation group would be my suggestion. And then let the conspiracy theories flow here and on YouTube.

6 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

All the people here on this site saying it's good that YouTube are limiting conspiracy videos.

YouTube aren't limiting conspiracy videos, they are limiting recommendations. Not the same thing.

Why are you here?

To show that sometimes the "unexplained" mysteries actually have explanations.

This is Unexplained Mysteries, the sort of place people open to theories should hang out. 

We have a lot of people here who are open to various conspiracy theories. 

The pure science contributors asking for proof in a way that they determine is the only way to prove something, well go and join a science bases conversation group would be my suggestion. And then let the conspiracy theories flow here and on YouTube.

So what you really want is a place where no one challenges outlandish ideas. Us sceptics are told to back up our claims all the time, but for some reason the conspiracy believers don't feel the need to bring the same standards of evidence. 

In many cases the conspiracy theories presented are proven to be hoaxes. Don't you agree that its good to challenge people spreading false information ? 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Obviousman said:

Try some Vivaldi, Mike Oldfield, Tommy Emmanuel, or Kraftwerk. Always worked for me.

has to be people talking, sounds like music or audio special effects tke me out of the zone

Are there any YT vids and blogs/ websites where I can watch and read about the conspiracy theory (theories) related to Bill Gates, Soros, the vaccines, Fauci, CoVid, G5, the microchips, etc?

Edited by TellLieVision
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TellLieVision said:

Are there any YT vids and blogs/ websites where I can watch and read about the conspiracy theory (theories) related to Bill Gates, Soros, the vaccines, Fauci, CoVid, G5, the microchips, etc?

Errrr..... Google is your friend.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 11:39 PM, Free99 said:

Well being able to upload conspiracy videos is one thing. But having them shoved in you’re face is another. 
Put them all under one channel and leave them there let people decide what they want to watch. 
Trust me I would rather see that then be surfing Netflix and see a channel called Black Lives Matter. I mean come on it’s every human life matters. Now Netflix has went racist with this crap! It’s sad to see them jump so quickly on the racist wagon with things. Now I hate Netflix and as a family we have decided not to subscribe to anything like Netflix.

Got off track there sorry!!!

They put the Obama's on a multimillion dollar creative consultancy track.  I haven't watched it in a few years.

1 hour ago, Obviousman said:

Errrr..... Google is your friend.

I've already tried but for some reason all I get is everything but conspiracy material. I dunno if Google and YT are preventing people from finding/ looking for CTs but it's harder and harder compared to some months ago. That's why my question. Maybe people know of blogs or YT channels

9 hours ago, TellLieVision said:

I've already tried but for some reason all I get is everything but conspiracy material. I dunno if Google and YT are preventing people from finding/ looking for CTs but it's harder and harder compared to some months ago. That's why my question. Maybe people know of blogs or YT channels

Have you considered not watching conspiracy related materiale ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Have you considered not watching conspiracy related materiale ? 

No. 

4 hours ago, TellLieVision said:

No. 

Maybe you should.