Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why women love cats

Eldorado

"Catwoman is surely the sexiest superhero of them all. She has a dark allure. She’s wild, flirtatious, intimidating and powerful. She wears latex and her weapon is a whip. Catwoman is desirable.

"A cat-lady brings to mind a very different image: an elderly, eccentric, desexualised woman living alone in squalor with 17 cats. To be a crazy cat lady is to be on the fringes of society - and sanity.

"A woman who likes cats will at some point in life, even if jokingly, be referred to as a crazy cat lady. It might be said fondly, but it’s also a warning."

Full article at iNews UK: https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/women-cat-friendships-eva-longoria-parker-analysis-crazy-cat-ladies-witch-hunts-2042369

• Like 4

Yikes. I may end up growing into crazy old cat man. I love 'em! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stiff said:

From the OP article:

"The infamously macho author Ernest Hemingway adored cats and would surely have been seen as a crazy cat lady if he were a woman. To this day, his former home in Key West, Florida, is home to around 50 cats, all of which have six toes."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I know what you mean. I don't have one of my own right now, but I always stop to give them attention.
This one likes to follow me everynight and I don't mind.

5ggg7zps6pf41.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

From the OP article:

"The infamously macho author Ernest Hemingway adored cats and would surely have been seen as a crazy cat lady if he were a woman. To this day, his former home in Key West, Florida, is home to around 50 cats, all of which have six toes."

My friend brought home one of the descendants of those cats when he was in the coast guard in the 70's.  It was a very large, very cool cat.

• Like 5

I like cats, but one is enough.  Dogs on the other hand...  My mother was a crazy poodle lady, always had lots of poodles, never any other breed.  She bred them and showed them too. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kaikou said:

I know what you mean. I don't have one of my own right now, but I always stop to give them attention.
This one likes to follow me everynight and I don't mind.

That's a real cutie. We have two British Silver Blue Tabbies (sisters) 

We did have this little fella, Mr Bojangles, but he got ran over a couple years back now.

bojangles.jpg

• Sad 3

Cats are just on the wrong side of the “may induce anaphylactic shock and kill me” line for my liking.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 7:47 AM, Stiff said:

That's a real cutie. We have two British Silver Blue Tabbies (sisters) 

We did have this little fella, Mr Bojangles, but he got ran over a couple years back now.

bojangles.jpg

Sorry to hear of your loss. Such a cute little guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1