Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SETI halts search for alien life project

Eldorado

"SETI has announced plans to ‘hibernate’ its search for alien life project SETI@home, after 21 years, to focus on completing its back-end analysis of the data collected.

"The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence is a series of projects that scrub the background noise of the universe to look for alien life.

"And one of the most famous ventures under the name was SETI@home, in which members of the public were encouraged to donate their idle computing time to the project.

"In the platform, volunteers contributed their CPU resources to analyse radio data from the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico and the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia for signs of potential extraterrestrial intelligence in the universe."

Full report at E&T (tech): https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2020/03/seti-hibernates-search-for-alien-life-project/

And at Tom's Hardware: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/setihome-project-aliens-life-over-pc-

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

They've decided to instead concentrate their search on finding intelligent life among the political community on earth. 

I'm being very satirical today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

They've decided to instead concentrate their search on finding intelligent life among the political community on earth. 

That's just as hopeless......

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's just as hopeless......

Not true. Their is a genuine chance of finding extraterrestrial intelligence. 

Just remember all the devices designed for finding intelligent life in the universe are pointing away from Earth.

• Haha 6

I used Seti@home as a screensaver back in the day. PC's don't do screensavers anymore, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Not true. Their is a genuine chance of finding extraterrestrial intelligence. 

Just remember all the devices designed for finding intelligent life in the universe are pointing away from Earth.

:o

And as soon as they received our signals they shielded their own.....

• Haha 1

I had that on my computer back in '99 with 96megs of ram and a 12kps modem.
With the increased processing power of todays computers, they should restart the program and run the results through AI.

• Like 1