Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Fairy Godmother to be genderless

30 posts in this topic

Sir Wearer of Hats

What’s the point? 
I get the idea behind most gender switching - to say that women can be time travelling madwomen in blue boxes and men can be stay at home parents etc etc but what’s the message here? That men can be magic faeries?

rashore
11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Is it really Hollywood?  I thought it was Disney, which is different.

Not Disney. It's Sony, via Columbia Pictures.

Desertrat56
14 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Mostly female characters doing masculine roles.  Vice President Pence complained about Disney films in the 1990's.  e.g.

mulan.png

That seems a lot less sinister than the 80's.  :lol:  Most of the male heroes could have been women or could not have been heroes without women helping.  I have always had that stuck in my craw, the attitude that women are inferior, when I grew up with proof that they are not.  There have been several women pretending to be men because of social stigma that women are not allowed to do certain things.  And they were never found incompetent, but often were murdered when it was found that they were not men.  One famous one was a Pony Express rider that no one knew was a woman until she died.  She was quite a hero too.  The reason she even disguised herself as a boy in the first place was because it was too dangerous for a young girl to travel alone and her brother died so she took his identity.  Then she had to earn a living and was able to ride a horse so she hired on as a rider for the Pony Express.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
2 hours ago, rashore said:

Not Disney. It's Sony, via Columbia Pictures.

OK.  I don't pay attention and someone denigrated Disney as if they were the ones who made that new version.  So, Hollywood just sells stories and mind numbing entertainment, no matter what company finances it.  Anyone who thinks movies should or are real to life is deluded.  Even movies that claim to be based on real events are just that BASED on real events and poetic license is used to make any point or story their agenda requires.  Even all those Walking Tall movies were based on a real man but nothing like the real events.

• Like 1

TashaMarie

I have never read the Grimm version of Cinderella but apparently there was no fairy godmother, father, brother, sister or distant aunt it was a tree.